Do you keep or delete pictures of your ex?

I have several pics of me and my ex and even a funny video of us doing impressions. Right after we broke up, I thought about deleting everything but now, I've decided to keep them. Reasons? They bring back memories. If the pictures are deleted for good, the good memories are just kinda gone. Despite the breakup, I've learned how to control my emotions for a bit. I learned to accept the situation as it is and only remember the good times we had. In the future, I might even look back and think "Why the fuck was I with this guy?" lol. For me, deleting the pics would make me feel worse than keeping them.

• Keep
    42%(166)49%(661)Vote52%(495)
  • Delete
    44%(171)38%(517)Vote36%(346)
  • Other
    14%(54)13%(166)Vote12%(112)
No, it's not porn. Jeez.

Most Helpful Guy

• I deleted everything. I had one night where I ordered a pizza and drank a lot of liquor. I turned on all of our favorite songs and started with the earliest pictures of our relationship and enjoyed the memories of our 5 year relationship/engagement one last time before I completely moved on. Sounds dramatic and lame but it was a painful breakup. I am stronger because I leave pain behind.

• What was the reasons behind not wanting to continue the relationship or have you found why you were left behind? I have also found myself in a situation painful like this.

• Amen. Get rid of it all. Except for what you may need to keep around for evidence purposes in court. :-)

• Yes, I agree. Good for you because we can all Overcome anything through Christ. I mean there have been times of peril in my life when I cried out while driving a scooter with music of the religious type feeling God touch my heart with love calming me down so fast I stopped crying to the times I got upset at those who dogged me online and to those past relationships between people I lost. So I think it's good to get rid of those pictures. It's your choice. I pray it's a smart choice to. Actions speak louder than words.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's okay to keep them for a while, it's difficult to delete good memories, but once you start seeing someone new, it seems respectful and healthy to let the other person go in all forms.

What Guys Said 352

• I keep everything because the past informs who I am now. I don't white wash it.

• Your ex's spread ass cheeks doesn't define u or inform u who u are Deleat that shit stop being a creep

• @otternk15 I was never so creepy that I felt the need to photograph my girlfriends spread asscheeks and butthole.

• I'm a little surprised at the replies below. I always felt that deleting pictures was a very female thing to do. I don't delete pictures of my exes but it's not because I want to keep them -- it's because I don't care enough to delete them. I mean, that strikes me as a lot of work for no reason and having her pictures on my computer or phone just doesn't bother me as I rarely ever see them anyway.

• Yeah that's part of my reason too.

• Believe me, after awhile after deleting the pics, you'll feel much better. Keeping them doesn't help.

• In order to completely move on. I personally delete everything from the Ex’es.

They are not the same person we fell in love with and they wanted you for one reason or another out of their life by breaking up with you, so that’s exactly what I give them.

Plus holding on to things like that can cause unnecessary problems with your future partner & I don’t want the problem to be caused by an Ex, who I don’t care about anymore.

The experiences you had, the memories you had, stay in your heart & mind, you don’t need a picture to remind you of that, unless you just fondly keep looking at them, which would be a huge waste of time & space for someone who mopped the floor with you.

It also hinders your ability to move on by holding on to stuff like that.

Unless it’s a clothing item that I really like or something practical I get rid of everything else.

• Your ex may never be part of your future but he is apart of your past. Sometimes it hurts to see pictures of your ex, so put them in a folder and bring them out later. Your ex is a piece of the puzzle of your life, and someday when you have children, you can share with them your history in life. My mother was engaged to a man before she met my father and I have always wondered what he looked like. Sure this was 50 years ago before computers, but she did have some pictures and my father made her throw them all away. So I vote to keep them, who knows, maybe your ex boyfriend is your future friend? My ex wife and I are great friends, I even have coffee with her current boyfriend.

• Probably edit photos if it was THAT good a photo... otherwise deleted.

I had an ex who gave me a little pencil holder... she cheated almost as soon as we started dating... dropped it (on purpose)... and got rid of it.

I dated a girl who gave me some dumb el cheapo thing... didn’t even get the cutesy “inside joke” right... it may be around somewhere - not keeping it on purpose... just can’t find it. may have gotten rid of it, but I don’t think so.

From friends I no longer really talk to? It depends.

If I was married, then got divorced, I might keep some things if they were good (or important) memories... otherwise, no, so far, none of the things have held that much significance. They didn’t take time, weren’t that important to me or the girl I dated, so they were trashed.

• I delete them, at least off of my social media. I don't want any future dates or SOs to see my ex. It is better to leave that in the past. I have all the memories in my head. Any pictures we have printed, I keep in a box and store it away.

It is better that way I think. Moving on can be hard enough without having a constant reminder.

Now if the relationship ended on 100% mutual terms and I was friends with her, that would be a different story. I'd probably keep some pics, but not all of them.

• Do as you see fit... My fb still has photos of my recent ex but she is deserving of the fact im keeping them.. She really wasn't a horrible person... She was just crazy and we weren't good for each other. However... I did cherish our time together and have nothing but good memories so i say im keeping them.. I still wish i had the video she allowed me to record of her enhiying the taste of her friends pussy... Fyi was delicious from the kissing after.. Her friends pussy was on her lips. And all in her mouth... But i would really enjoy watching that right about now.

• I do. I keep them all to remember good times. Photos are photos that's all. However if you're in love with the guy in the photo then is different and you need to rectify it especially if you have a man. But I keep mine to remember all the shit I did, also, to remember certain situations. If a problem arises sometimes seeing the photo you can remember that you've dealt with the problem before and how you dealt with it. Memory is key to. Learning and changing old behavior as well. Photos, as well as smells can help with that.

• Also I'm friends with all my exes and there new families.

• I have deleted all of mine.

• Leave the past behind when starting a new future. Unless there is an extremely high chance you'll get back together, let them live as memories not pictures.

When you meet someone new you'll want to delete them else your knew found love might not feel comfortable knowing you think back on your previous love affairs, especially if you have a fight they'll believe you secretly wish you were back in the other relationship.

• Deleted and burned

• Get rid of them bitch-pics all together!

• I keep everything, it's not for leverage, it's for me. I keep memories. Good bad and ugly, I love playing through emotions...

• I think with memories that I want to remember I'd keep them, although I'd probably store them well out of sight in case the pain is too much, with nudes and such I don't see the point in deleting them, I just wouldn't share them or anything, personal use only, just as intended when they were sent.

I guess if they asked me to delete them I'd delete the nudes, not the underwear stuff though.

Basically I wouldn't really delete any, and anything incriminating or embarrassing to the girl I'd be very careful to not let others see it, because that'd be a horrible move to share their nudes, like I've had my best friend share on one occasion a photo of his girlfriend in their underwear with me to basically prove how beautiful she is and how lucky he was to have her, which personally I wouldn't do, but at least it wasn't a "hey, look at her hot body, feel free to enjoy that photo" kinda thing, that'd just be plain wrong.

All this is about a hypothetical future girlfriend, single atm ):

• Delete.. You don't need to keep these pictures of the past to remember all about the good memories or what you learned that time..
    The memories will always stays in your mind.. And the hard lessons definitely will not need a reminder..
    So remove those old pictures and make way for the new..

• To comply the general push, I delete them, but it is funny how weak people are. Girls are afraid the guys will seek back the pre life, guys dont learn to clean up after a breakup, and we, who actually know how to manage it, suck it up and forced to hide/remove memories of our life, because the majority can't deal with their own stuff :) thank you for listening.

• Depends on the circumstances. The bitches that cheated on me I deleted. The ones where we ended on decent terms and I sort of wish it hadn't ended I keep.

• Yeah, that's kinda what happened with me. I ended on decent terms.

• I always delete them because while they bring back memories that were at one time good now they are painful.

• i always delete them

• I have a few but I would have to backtrack on my emails. I don't care about her anymore, the minute I find another girl who I may potentially marry I will make sure anything from girls I use to know and talk to ex-girlfriends is deleted for good.

I don't need that shit in a new place, with a new girl, and with a new dream. There is a reason why they are your ex, I say it's best to delete everything because this person is not someone you have to think about or try to be in touch with (unless you had a kid together) and if that's not the case then end it, you will feel better.

• I've never had an ex

• The ones that I had a good time with I keep. the ones that cheated or did messed up things I get rid of.

• It's better to delete them. keeping memories is nice, but at the same time you won't move on too well.

• I'd keep my memories. Maybe if it was a bad relationship that I wanted to forget about, then maybe I'd think about deleting them - but if you can handle it, memories are something to treasure.

• I would delete them because I don't need to remember a past relationship, I don't need to reminisce on the past. I know who I am and I don't need photos to tell me who and what I am. Heck, a lot of the times it just causes jealousy having pictures. If you have a girlfriend there is no reason to have photos of past relationships. In a way I view it as someone who just hasn't truly lost all their emotion for their ex, and that isn't healthy for a relationship no matter how you try to think about it.

• Generally, I keep everything. I rarely receive media that is compromising, but if I did, I would delete it almost immediately. I generally discourage transmitting anything that is compromising even if it is to a trusted individual. Why? Because very few people can be trusted, and we have people in this world we call "hackers", most dangerous of which are black hats.

• My one ex, I would kill to have just one picture of her. It was over 30 years and never had just one shot.

• I keep them in a special folder. I never really look at it but if i want to look back at those memories they are there.

• I delete all of the pictures and videos except one. I choose my favorite picture and i keep it for the memories.

• More from Guys
    322

What Girls Said 136

• I deleted all of them, but to be honest I wish I didn't. I did it in a heat of a moment, the same day we broke up. I was angry and sad and I never wanted to see his face again. But now I regret it because no matter how badly he hurt me and how much of an ass he is, he was my first love, my first live-in boyfriend and my longest relationship of five years. And there was a good amount of time when we truly loved each other. Those pictures are the proof and a memory of those amazing times. I want to see those pictures again, not because of him or us together, but because of me with a huge smile and a happy face on them. I want to reminded how love is beautiful and how I can be happy.

• You're not able to do that without looking at past pictures. You should be out having fun, keeping yourself happy.

• @huckleberryhound Oh I am, I am totally over him and having fun, it's been two years since we broke up. :D It's because I am over him that I miss those pictures.

• Delete.

Even if we parted on good terms, I'd delete them.

I have no need to keep anything of sentimental value of my ex. I move forward with my life after a relationship fails. I don't hold onto anything that I put behind me. I prefer to create new memories on my own, or with someone new. I'm not sentimental

• Delete will show that ex was ur attraction but not true love as true loved are not ment to be forget then also if they hate u as ur heart wants to keep loving them in any situation...

• there is no doubt we all move on when a relationship fails. but deleting the pictures feels like i'm deleting my memories as well. and i don't think just "deleting your past" seems right to me. being in a relationship often changes you and i prefer to remember how i changed and what changed me.

yes, new memories will be made but that doesn't mean you have to delete your old memories of other people that once were important to you.

• I didn't have that many in the first place, but have deleted all pictures, along with texts and everything else in relation to them really.

• I delete the pics/number and throw away the gifts. He was a ass about it. I don't need that In my life. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• haha my dating years was when we only had film cameras boys and girls.
    but yes have thrown out all of the ex boyfriend photos.

• The ones where he took my phone and took a bunch of selfies, I deleted. The other ones, are just buried in my 1000+ photos. It feels petty to take the time to delete them.

• I delete the texts, numbers but I keep pictures, in a folder at my pc where I don't really look at them lol

• Yeah that seems smart.

• I print them and then burn them in a ritual in the woods when there's full moon.

If only I had an ex.

• Its your choice. if you can ctrl your emotions so there is no problem. but maybe in the future you meet a guy who is sensitive and he gets upset with you because of your videos and pictures. I think its better to delete them, that wouldn't make any issues in the future.

• Even though it's hard, better to delete or you'll always be reminded of him and you'll never get him out of your head

• Delete because the lessons I learned (about myself or life) I can keep with me on the journey but seeing the photos or videos creates unnecessary guilt and regret.

• Initially I don't delete the pictures. But after a while, when I realise that I'm just looking at our pictures (me and my ex) and I'm just remembering all the memories which just upsetting myself then I delete those pictures. As everything begins with recalling the memories.

• It's stupid to delete photos. Like when you delete photos, will you also delete memories good or bad? I would not wanna delete photos at all as they remind me of good times, and i dont wanna remember anyone in a bad way, including an ex whom i broke up with on bad terms. Plus bad memories, and bad experienced with them gives you new experiences to not repeat again in your future relationships. So photos reminding good or bad things should stay as part of your body. So you can truly know you are moved on, once you are able to look at the photos without heartache.

• I'd feel hurt if my boyfriend still had pics of his exes on his phone especially when I've already deleted pics of all the guys I used to flirt with and talk to. If he's moved on already, I don't see what's the purpose. It's especially unfair when he told me to block those guys yet he can have pics of them. If he can have pics of them, I will too. That's my thinking.

• I keep them, mainly because my memory is poor so they can bring back a lot of memories, good or bad. I keep pictures of people I no longer am friends with or do not like any more for that reason. I don't think it's weird or does any harm.
    I keep the profile pictures as well, but just make them visible to me.

• I delete the photos, not because I'm a girl who can not store a memory, I just do not want the constant reminiscent. I have enough with my head.

• I still have some of me and my ex I'm thinking of deleting when I'm truly over hem

• I don't delete old photos. I think that each part of my past is valuable and I don't want to forget them. I keep these photos and everything that reminds me them. But I rarely remember them. I used to save gifts they gave me, I lost them tho. but I still keep diaries where there's written our love stories.

• I love to have things that remind me them, to fill my collection of memories.
      I wouldn't really remember these diaries though, this question was reminder.

• Yes, we're not together anymore so need to keep them. I guess if you and you're ex were married and it was a family picture, then that's okay to keep. But since it was just us, weren't married, didn't have kids, I deleted the pictures as a way to let go of the past in order to move on. Plus some people give a side eye to those who keep pics of their ex's cause their not sure if your keeping it cause it's a nice pic or keeping it cause part of you is still holding on to the past and the person.

• I really think it depends on many factors. If the photos in question are good ones of you there's no real reason to delete them. Also, if the photo represents a good memory you should keep them. While some relationships ends badly, and you may hate your ex at the moment, and even for the next few years, you won't always be angry and you will miss the memories if you stumble across them later.

Personally, I keep photos because many of them also contain our child so that's also a factor.

• I deleted the photos of all of my exes save one. I only kept them because he is the only ex with whom I do not have a combative relationship. We broke up because I moved, not because we stopped wanting to be together.

• I keep them but I erase them from my phone. On my social media I don’t erase them because i think it gives your ex a lot of power and shows that you still care lol. Which I don’t so I just leave it up.

• Delete them. That person is usually dead to me after we break up. Don't want to look at him or see his face in my phone.

• Delete them.. all

• I'm Bipolar as fuck. I keep them, then delete them, then collect more of their photos. I sometimes scream at the photos, stick up the middle finger, then kiss the photos

• I know exactly what you mean, and I do the same thing. Keeping pictures is respecting the memories, remembering the good times. People change, memories don't. Deleting them won't change anything!

• They are hidden.

• What id do is put them on google and never look at them till you're completely over him. I miss all the cute pictures we took im pretty damn over him but a part of me still misses him. I don't know man its your call. But its best not to look at them when you're trying to get over him. Out of sight out of mind

• I've been single for 3ish years, so I don't even have any pictures with exes. I deleted them back then.

• Keep them but dont look at them anymore.
    I will always remember and know them.
    They were a part of my life, so why erase them?

• But what if there are naughty pictures in the mix, I feel like that would be a bad idea to keep those. And If you delete those you might as well delete them all. If your the one who got broken up with wouldn't it upset you to know you have all these memories with someone who doesn't want to be with you anymore?

• @Danielson1987 well personally, I haven't had naught pictures of them (live is better), so that was never an issue for me. And Yes Maybe in the beginning Its painful, but I Dont look at them as long as Im not over them. When I see them now, I smile because of the memories and the good moments we had back then, but not because I miss them. Its not that painful antmore once your over them

• More from Girls
    106