After a break up, do you delete photos of your ex from social media?

• Yes, regardless of who ended it
    Vote A
  • Yes, only if they broke up with me
    Vote B
  • No
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I have been lucky in the sense that any girlfriend I've had never wanted their photos taken. So I've rarely had to delete any couples photos.

However, I usually get rid of gifts from them, so I would assume I'd do the same with photos. I'm not really a big broadcaster in my relationships anyway. I tend to keep that stuff private... I think that if they were more photogenic and if the relationships were serious, then I might put them on social media, and then take them off if there's a breakup.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't see a purpose in deleting every picture with your ex. I save everything because I spent the majority of time and memories with that person and to delete it would be only cheating myself. In the future, I want to be able to show my children and family pictures of my life and since they had a huge impact on my life, I would want them to see pictures of them. That being said, I can understand why people do delete them, for some, if there was negative experiences and it's too hard for them to see it, deleting them might be the best option.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 36

• Not only did I remove them from Facebook's existence but I went further after a year of her not picking up her damn photos at the apartment... I asked her multiple times to get her stuff but she never did. A whole box of her school photos, family photos, grad photos etc. Were eventually tossed in the dumpster. I was moving countries and I was not going to carry her crap around. She had her chances, now they're gone too. Not my responsibility.

Oh well.

0|0
    0|0
    • Before I tossed them, I held the box in my hand and did feel bad because this was her life and her family in my hands... But since she cheated on my and considering I had no option to do anything about the situation due to leaving the country, the choice had to be made.

• if we both make a decision and/or broke up with good/neutral feelings to each other - I can keep it.
    if my girlfriend cheated/betrayed me and other negative stuff - u-uh... kill it fire (photos, not ex)

2|0
    0|0
  • I really don't post pictures of any woman I have not been with for some time. I would not delete the pictures in like a facebook stream that I posted. If I had uploaded pictures to an album then yes I would. If you dated a guy, would you want to see pictures of the woman he once had blowing him show up when you looked at his profile?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, then write down what you learned from your past relationship, then write down what you would like to have and to improve in the next one. However do not take this to far where you begin to question your own basic worth. Finally start searching for the one of your dream well at least someone that is special in your eyes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep, delete it all. If the relationship is officially in the past & you both are not able to work things out,... then there is no reason at all to keep something within the present that's going to cause negative feelings every time you look at them.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's the right thing to do in my humble opinion, it'll remind you of past events it might make you sad, and it's pics with someone who's no longer in a relationship with you.. I think it's awkward coz shell have another boyfriend lol

0|1
    0|0
  • If left in good terms than NO but if they trashed me or if it was a ugly confusing break up I am trashing that shit

2|0
    0|0
  • Not only I delete all of the photos but any of them I printed out go right into my fireplace immediately...

0|0
    0|0
  • the key is not to post anything unless its formal... if its a make out photo then your a piece of trash and everyone hates you anyway so do whatever

1|1
    0|0
  • It is a good habit to let the past be burried within the sands of time.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. if a new girl you are interested in starts facebook stalking you you don't want the ex on there.

0|0
    0|0
  • better off not putting them there in the first place. never understood why anyone does that. what you do with another person is no ones business

1|0
    0|0
  • I never post that stuff to social media, but I keep the photos on my phone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea. I burn and delete everything... If she has any unclaimed clothes left over. I take them in the back yard and have a nice bonfire.

0|0
    0|0
  • If u luv truly they won't delete just live with those memories. If they getting married then they would save somewhere n delete it

0|0
    0|0
  • If they cheat on me then proceeds to cause trouble even if it was their fault, then yes along with a block from my social media.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell nah I keep with me. Sometimes I don't hv girlfriend so I used ex's pics for masturbate 😂

0|0
    1|1
  • Nope, too lazy.

3|1
    0|0
  • Yeeeeeeeeees.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never post on social media in the first place

2|0
    0|0
  • Yup, I delete everything I had of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Donnt even use social media in the first place...

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't have an ex

0|1
    0|0
  • No. Thats childish

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't use social media.

0|0
    0|0
  • since it became past, why should I keep it !

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have an ex

0|0
    0|0
  • hell yea. whats done is done. gotta move on now.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am too skinny to have a girlfriend.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how the break-up ended.

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 33

• No, not really. I was friends with all my partners, and they were part of my life. I don't see a need to rewrite history. But I also don't post any super romantic pictures or making out pictures online. PDA isn't my thing.
    So I think, if there's a picture of me making out with someone, which could hurt a future partner and have them respect my friendships with my exes less, I'll probably delete it. But if it's just a regular photo, then not.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah, no point keeping them up and it would just make even harder keeping the memories of you together. Plus it's going to be awkward if people know you broke up and they're seeing someone else and you still have the pics up. It's just best to do it as soon as possible.

0|0
    0|0
  • never been in a relationship, but when I date people and it s over I tend to delete all of their pics and their convos sometimes their numbers as well.
    I don't post any pic of me with someone on social media unless I am very serious with them... and that didn't happen yet haha

0|0
    0|0
  • Not sure, depends on the reason for the breakup. I’ve never posted anything of my boyfriend on facebook but I have posted a couple of pictures on instagram. Maybe I’d just archive them and not delete them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why you will keep any kind of potos anyway on your social media if you are no longer a couple? I dont see an excuse why keep potos if he or she is not part of your life anymore, unless you have hope to get back but once is a break up the deal is done period and move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think I did, I've kept everything, and I don't regret it. Having those things there is tough when you first break up but I like that I still have the option to look at it again if I ever decide I want too

0|0
    0|0
  • I've actually considered deleting photos like that from social media but I always look bomb in them so nope.

1|1
    0|0
  • I still have a photo of me and my ex with another of our friends up on social media as we were friends and i dont want to forget the time we had together it just simply wasn't right for me

0|0
    0|0
  • Why wouldn't I keep them? Most of my exes were a pretty big part of my life

0|0
    0|0
  • No I don't delete them, but I very rarely go through old pictures anyway. A few years after I broke up with my first boyfriend, I was going through my old photos for the first time. I was surprised that I was happy I kept them. I didn't keep them deliberately and I had genuinely forgotten they were there, but however unsuited we were in the long run I was happy at the time and they're my memories.

Now I just make sure to add a lot of new photos shortly after a break up to push the old ones further down. That way they don't pop up every time I go to my own profile on facebook or at the top of my wall on instagram, but I'll be able to find them later when it doesn't hurt anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • Delete it, you may find yourself obsessing and at least by deleting them your one step closer to getting over them.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Never. Because it will be like a remembrance whenever he visits to my account. That's good for me when he remembers me. But The Weekend deleted all of Selena Gomez's pics from his social media.:(

0|0
    0|0
  • I actually don't post pictures of guys I'm dating. But then again I usually only fate a guy about 6 months

0|0
    0|0
  • Photos are memories, so I'd keep them unless asked to take them down.

0|0
    0|0
  • I kept the photos as memories of my days as a before picture. I am not proud of what I was, but I'm proud of where I got after the break up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, one of the first things to do to accomplish acceptance is to throw the things that resembles him.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't... but X keeps me blocking on n off... so I did that back to him

0|0
    0|0
    • he's doing that because he's still got a thing for you but wish he didn't (takes one to know one)

• Show All
    • Human nature is incredible isn't it? Always want what you can't have.

This the reason I take time to text or call a girl after I get her number. I also wait a few days after a date. I HATE doing that to people but women like challenge.

• Lol not true always... For me men r crazy n don't understand emotions 0😂

• I delete everything from my phone including their number

0|0
    0|0
  • I understand removing tags because this can lead to awkward an unwanted reminders of ex-friends too.
    Unless it is causing you extreme pain to have photos of that person/you are still emotionally stalking the photos as self torture, then it seems a shame to delete memories of an important part of your life.
    Whether they are happy memories or not, they serve as a reminder to future you of your mistakes and misguided judgements (hopefully there are still some positives to take from back then too) so don't erase it like it never happened. Own who you were and who you are so that you can own who you become.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would burn allpictures.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, i usually delete them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I Don't Post Pictures If I Even Have Any.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't

0|0
    0|0
  • It would be a good memory

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd just delete them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes of course. But I save them in my phone.

0|0
    0|0
  • ya i delete them from my fucking life

0|0
    0|0
  • I have made album collection for all.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like posting pics of my SO on social media because I don't need validation from the internet.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah but it takes me time to do so.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes