Why is my ex stalking me on social media? what should I do about it?

Long story short, my ex has been adding me on social media several times months after we broke up (after he said that he wants to become friends with benefits and does not want a serious relationship). I have moved on since then and found love, and am in a happy and committed relationship with an amazing man.
I have tried to be nice to my ex at first and let him view my stories and posts (and my boyfriend is in some of them), but I always feel a bit uncomfortable knowing that my ex is watching me on his phone/laptop. One night, he called me and told me that "You're not better than me just because you have gotten a boyfriend."
I blocked him everywhere afterwards. Today, a month later, he managed to find me on snapchat and added me again. What should I do? Why is he stalking me non stop?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm currently occasionally checking up on an ex on social media at the moment. It's gotten to the point where I'm kind of upset with myself. I've never sent a message because I'm no stalker and I know better and respect myself enough to not.

We don't have any contact but I wish I could tell her to block me everywhere. At this point she would actually be doing me a favour. All I'm doing is torturing myself and I'm pretty ashamed I can't lie.

If your ex doesn't have the willpower to avoid messaging you and adding you on snapchat then he must be at a pretty low self-esteem. He's reaching out to find something familiar and even seeing your face can be a type of relief.

Most Helpful Girl

• Block him on everything, it isn't healthy for him and it isn't fair on him. If you feel the need send him one last message saying to stop trying to contact you and following your social media as it is starting to make you feel like you are being harassed