I think my ex sabotaged our relationship, why do people do this?

415

Most Helpful Guy

• Mental disorder/childhood trauma/inability to grow.

Have known people in their 40s+ acting like 12 year-olds.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I definitely agree with your first statement. He's in his 40s and lives with his controlling/abusive mother. Looking back, I think he's a narcissist and acts 5.

• Wait, you mean he lives at her place? Or she lives at his place?

My mom is like that. I let her move in with me and it was a nightmare. practically had to kick her out & set more boundaries.

• He lives in his childhood home... I didn't know this until several months in. He had told me about childhood abuse by his mom, as well as present (and no boundaries). Of course he doesn't necessarily see it as "abuse" and probably thinks it's normal. I think ultimately he thought I was too good for him and so he subconsciously pushed me away.

Most Helpful Girl

• because they're not happy that you're happier without them

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE