Do I tell my boyfriend who's in jail that I cheated?

My boyfriend and I started dating and three months later he was arrested. He has been in jail for six months and has two more years. I am in love with him and want to be with him. About two months after he was arrested I had sex with a friend of mine. There are no excuses for why I did. It will not be happening again. I need help figuring out if I should tell my boyfriend that this happened or not. If you were in his position would you want to know?

My boyfriend has never met the guy I cheated with. Just to update. He was already in jail when my friend and I met.

26

Most Helpful Guy

• He deserves the truth. Tell him you failed him. You let him down. That he can judge all he wants, but he can't change anything. Tell him he deserves better. Whatever you do, try not to use the fact that he's in jail against him. It won't be easy, but you need to come clean. Make sure he understands none of it is his fault, it's all you. If you're sincere enough, he may forgive you. But the relationship will probably be over anyway.

There was a girl I liked once, but I had almost zero chance of meeting her in real life. It was a mutual Facebook crush. Then, I met a more realistic pursuit. I finally had to tell the Facebook crush that I was moving on and dumping her. I felt like the villain, but it had to be done.

What Guys Said 5

• I don't think you should tell him. I think you should move on with your life. You have only known the guy 3 months. He still has 2 years left in prison. At this point you should put yourself first. I say you stay friends with him while he is in jail but really limit the contact you have with him. After 2 years past and you still aren't happy with someone else then maybe its worth giving it another shot.

• i'd probably not want to know, but if this other guy is my friend, then I think it's best to hear about it from you, because eventually he will spill the beans and that will be a problem in either case

• It's best not to tell, but remember that those 2 can never meet

• my last gf, her "ex" was in jail, and was only dating me until he got out. shame on me for thinking she actually wanted ME

• Tell him now. He's got two years to cool down.

• You should start out with the new guy, someone whos been sent to prison is a loser anyway.

YOU GOT AN UPGRADE

What Girls Said 2

• Tell him, he's a criminal, he deserves all the bullsh*t he gets...