What was your worst heartbreak? how did you get over it?

who ended things? do you have regrets? what was the reason? have you moved on / how did you move on & how long did it take? What was your worst heartbreak? how did you get over it?

2044

Most Helpful Guys

• My high school sweetheart. Her family loved me. Her mother so much so she wanted me to carry her casket when she died - she had a terminal blood disease.
    That little bitch dumped me the afternoon of the funeral. She was going back to her abusive boyfriend. About the only time in my life I have cried - the other was when my sister, and when my dad died.

Funny, about ten years later I happened to be up in our old stomping grounds and ran into her. Two lovely daughters, divorced 'from that asshole'. LOL She still looked good, but gee, I was working on marriage #2 and it was far better than anything previous.

If you really loved someone you never get over them. You simply create new connections, have new loves, life goes on. You cannot go back in time and change things - it is what it is. :)

• It was a relationship that ended my senior year of college. we had planned on spending a year in thailand and i was prepared to propose to her.
    I ended things
    no regrets
    she cheated on me
    I moved on. it took a while. probably a few months til i wasn't actively angry, heartbroken, upset, etc and a few years until i felt like I was truly ready to date again with an open heart

Most Helpful Girls

• My fiancé left me at the altar because he decided that my mental illness (which I was not hiding and was in treatment for) was a dealbreaker.

It’s fine. He was quite controlling.

• i'm really sorry to hear that, and i'm sure you're tired of people offering sympathy, but you deserve someone who loves all of you and never finds you a burden. who will work with you, never against you. i'm proud of you for being in treatment, very brave wanting to treat yourself. all my love

• Honestly, I'm glad that he did now. It would be worse for us to have gotten married and had children and then leave me, you know? There was a lot less at stake this way.

• i agree, the father of your child should be a role model, someone who would support their kids if they were in the same position as you, not push them away and leave when things get hard

• When my son's dad got put in prison. It wasn't so much the fact that he went to prison, ( he's out now -he got a year, he served six months) it was the fact that doing what he did meant me having him to cut him out of our lives.
    I was so in love with him. It was instant with us, we were inseparable. When we had my little boy, we wanted him. We planned him. We wanted to be a family... and then he went and did that.
    I didn't want to leave him, I didn't want to say to him that I didn't want him seeing my son, because I knew that, despite everything else, he adored him. I didn't really want my son without his dad, because although I do my best, I can never be both parents, and I worried about what that would do to him.
    I was angry at my ex for letting my son down, but I felt like I was doing the same thing, yet, at the same time, I felt like I'd rather do it like that than let him have a dad who lets him down over and over again, which was so much worse in my mind.
    Actually having that conversation with my ex and seeing the look on his face, and the way he reacted was awful. I was in love with him and I wasn't doing any of it to hurt him. I felt like the worst person in the world. I felt like I'd let him down by not standing by him.

I got over it by just accepting it, by not letting myself change my mind and reminding myself why things have to be this way.
    I knew I was on my own, and I was & am determined to be the best person, the best parent I can be for my son. You never stop striving for that, you always think you can do better and that's what keeps me going.
    We are actually waiting for a court date ( my ex's decision) but I'll tell the court, and I'll keep telling them why he isn't a good influence. My ex can't control his temper and he's selfish, he'll be back inside before long, and if I let my child get caught up in that, that's worse than what I'm having to do now.
    I hate this situation, I hate everything about it, but it's just how it has to be.