Why does my ex just stare at me when he sees me, but doesn't say hi?

We broke up a while ago... 5 months? 4 months? Only dated for 2 ish. It's really odd... he broke up with me... but it was pretty mutual. It just wasn't working and he wasn't willing to try. He asked for no contact which I felt was kind of silly. He said that I gave him a confidence boost and that I really changed his world for the better. I told him he did the same for me. Seems like we could be friends from that?

However, he still wanted no contact... now, whenever I see him out, he just kind of stares at me... he has this same uncomfortable face like he doesn't want to look, but that he can't help not looking. I was about to wave at him once and he looked away quickly. It's like he wants us to be strangers, but he can't help but admit to him self that we know each other.

Our relationship ended fast... I'm pretty sure he was only really infatuated with me. It was a very passionate relationship, but there was never much intimacy when it came to sharing our personal lives... He never seemed to want to open up to me

02