Her ex-boyfriend still in the picture...

well my situation is this, I have been with this wonderful girl for two months and she is really special, I want to live with her and I suggested her to move to my place, but she isn't sure about that. one day she wants it and the next day she doesn't know. we have so great time together always but there is something that really bothers me. her EX! they were together almost 3 years and she wanted broke up with him about 5months ago... I really don't know the reason, but it was really hurting her but she said she doesn't want to talk about it any more.. they are still texting and talking every week, nearly every day. she says that her ex-boyfriend is her "best friend", I said that it really bothers me but she said that she won't let him go, he is just too important person in her life so she needs to stay in touch with him. I found out that she hides her calls and texting. when we are together everything is okay but when she's not with me, they are calling, texting etc... she said that she doesn't love him and she wants to be with me, I said that this ain't work if you keep in touch with your ex. she got angry and upset and now she is in her home, probably talking to her ex.

i really really love her and we have so great time, I don't know what could be wrong and why she wants to be "best friends" with him and why she gets so angry when I mention about this?

52

Most Helpful Girl

• If she can't make you a priority over her EX, then she's not ready for a relationship. I would not continue to date her at this time, and maybe after she resolves her feelings for him, there could be potential for you two to try again. Five months isn't a lot of time to get over a 3 year relationship. It completely rocks your reality when you lose someone after that much time.

As much as you care for her, she's just not in a place to give herself to you right now. PLUS, she may not even WANT to. If she is talking to him everyday, that would lead me to believe that she is still clinging to the idea of them getting back together, even if it is only on a subconscious level (which I doubt).

Where does this leave you? Caring about a person and giving her more than she can give you. You can only give more than you receive for a certain amount of time, before you are all burnt up and have nothing left to give.