Married Couples - Have you ever cheated?

This is to all the married couples out there... have you ever cheated in your marriage? And if you have... what happened? Did the other person find out? Did you keep it a secret? Was it a one time thing or did you do it often? I'm curious because I have only been married for about 2 years now and I come from divorced parents who were constantly cheating on each other... and I'm afraid that if I or my husband cheat then our marriage might end badly... so I want to know what other experiences are out there to give insight into why married people cheat and what the outcomes have been... feel free to be anonymous just looking for answers!

Thanks!

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I never have but I think my wife did. She never admitted it but did admit to a form of cheating which was devastating enough. I came within a hair of divorcing her. We have kids and I didn't want them to come from a broken home so we worked it out. I saw there were things I could do to make things better. She did too. We survived and all that's in the past. We have a pretty good relationship now.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Wow that takes a lot of courage to overcome that break and trust and I really admire you for that and I'm glad to hear that her past mistake doesn't affect the relationship negatively today

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• I will never understand why people in relationships, married or otherwise, cheat. By having sex with someone else, you are saying that you class the one night stand as more important than your entire life with your partner, and that your immediate sexual satisfaction is more important than the emotional wellbeing of your partner. If you're not happy, and can't or don't want to work it out, end the relationship.

3|1
    0|0
  • Married people cheat either because the marriage is unhappy, or they meet someone special and fall in love in spite of themselves.

In my view, there's nothing wrong with the latter event. It's happened to me, yes, and my wife understood. I suspect it's happened with her, but she won't tell me and doesn't want me to ask her..so I leave it be.

2|0
    0|0
  • I have slept with many people since I got married but I haven't cheated. We decided to be open and honest about our desires and have been married for almost 20 years. It isn't the sex with other people that kills a marriage. It's the lying and deception.

0|1
    0|0
    • Interesting theory Jim, tell me more how this works.

• Read "the ethical slut" by Catherine Lizst and Dossie Easton. It's a guide non-monogamy that is well reasoned and fair.

• They cheat because they don't have enough respect for the whole concept of commitment, or for each other. It's ugly, pathetic, sad. It makes me sad to think that everywhere there are people doing this horrible thing to each other. Ultimate betrayal, just a horrible thing to do. They've forgotten what love is.

0|0
    0|0
  • i wouldn't cheat my wife after I get married. Just the thought of her cheating on me makes my heart sink and feels like I m falling from sky. I wouldn't tolerate it, I don't know what I would do. may be divorce and never get married again.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 5

• I haven't been married and I'm not the one to be answering this question, but what fascinates me is the number of guys answering this question compared to the girls. Why do you think that is?

0|0
    0|0
    • I think the guys answered more maybe because they have more experience with thoughts of cheating which is what the original question was based on

• Nope ever cheated

0|0
    0|0
  • I've cheated on my husband for many many years now with different men.. He has never found out tho.. but I'm sure if he ever did that would be the end of our marriage.. we have been together for almost 8 years now..

0|0
    0|0
    • Do you ever have regrets or remorse about it? Or do you ever feel the need to confess about it? A little update on my question - I am now cheating on my husband but now I'm starting to feel bad about it... but I'm afraid to tell him about it for fear that he might end the marriage.. which I don't want...

• I don't remember ever feeling guilty about it, I think because It's became part of my lifestyle.. the only thing I regret is growing feelings for the men.. But there's one thing that I will never EVER do is confess or admit to him that I've cheated unless I want him to end our marriage, but even then I wouldn't tell him.. This is something I will take to my grave..

• The guy you're with has obviously married you. It takes a lot for men to make a commitment and settle down. Women to me seem more likely to cheat during marriage but if you're just dating it's about an equal chance they will cheat. Cheating is terrible. It hurts bad when it happens to you. If I were you, I would keep doing the same things that made this man want to marry you so he doesn't get bored and want to leave or cheat. I've seen my mom cheat on my dad multiple times. It's pretty awkward but there's nothing I can do about it. Doesn't something somewhere say you're suppose to learn from your parents mistakes?

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope never.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes