Are some guys just old fashioned/too respectful?

this may sound weird but are there still guys out there who don't make a move cause they're respectful and want to get to know the girl better? or am I just deluding myself?

back story: was studying abroad and this guy and I were really into each other, hung out every day, yet he never made a move. had plenty of opportunities too (I slept in his bed, nothing happened). then one night I confront him and ask what we're doing, if he wants to be with me. he's really drunk and says he doesn't know, we're only abroad for half a year, is it really worth starting anything. he said we'll talk about it the next day when he's sober... well, we never did.

i figured, hey, I tried, I told him how I feel, and if he doesn't want to talk about it anymore then I have my answer - he's not into me. so I moved on and eventually got together with a friend of his. THAT's when all hell broke loose. he texts me while I'm with the other guy and goes "you're not who I thought you were. have fun tonight." and I'm like, wtf, you had your chance, why are you mad? he complains to all our friends about how heart-broken he is that I hooked up with his friend, and how he really liked me. HUH?!

then when we finally talked about everything that went down, he said that he liked me but didn't want to make a move on me right away cause "we had just met" and he doesn't like rushing things. are there any guys out there who are like this? can you sympathize with this and explain it to me? would be super helpful, thanks!

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Some are old fashioned, some are being respectful, some guys prefer to take is slow just like some women do, and some guys are just too afraid of rejection to make a move. It really depends on the guy. Normally I feel like I need to move faster with a girl than I want to, because they seem to assume a guy always moves fast, unless he isn't interested.

• yea that's true, maybe it's society conditioning us but I did think he must not be interested if he's not making a move... sad that it leads to such misunderstandings.

• That is part of where the misunderstanding comes from when guys think girls don't like nice guys as well. The girl doesn't understand the guy, so she doesn't want to go back out with him. Then the guy doesn't understand why the girl doesn't want to see him anymore. Communication between genders can be terrible sometimes.

• just tell him, its over. and move on. tell him that he lose his chance caused by his hesistancy. so next time he can learn from his mistake, don't whinning or blamed on you.