Why is my ex liking my statuses on Facebook and my pictures on Instagram?

We were together 4 months, and broke up 2 months ago. It was a somewhat cordial mutual break up. We agreed to be friends and for awhile there it seemed like we were going to get back together because he would text me every day (he initiated the break up). Long story short, whether it be that he was trying to talk to another girl or that he found out that me and his mom were still friends, our communication stopped and I had to initiate any conversation because he never texted me.

He found out that I knew he was trying to talk to another girl, and I told him that I was holding out hope for getting back together but now (knowing that) I told him that I was moving on. Ever since that conversation happened he has:

- requested to follow me on instagram

- liked 4 of my Facebook statuses and has liked 2 of my instagram pictures

This has all been in a 2 week span. When we were together he NEVER liked any of my social media postings. The curious thing is that I texted him and he didn't reply... but yet he continue to likes my postings.

What is going on here?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't read too much into it. He could be liking other people's status updates or pictures as well. If this guy wanted to be with you, he wouldn't have dumped you in the first place. It sounds like this girl he wanted to chase after isn't giving him the time of day, so he's trying to get the attention of someone who he thinks will give it to him. You deserve better than someone who would use you like that. Just ignore him and move on.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks girl! I've been ignoring him (minus the one text I sent him)... there is no way I'd ever get back with him

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Delete him from Facebook and instagram problem solve. Stop bitching

0|0
    1|0
    • I'm not bitching... just wondering why he's doing what he's doing. Maybe you should come up with a better constructive answer next time instead of being aggressive. Are you sure you know that this is an advice site?

• Show All
    • haha how is "stop bitching" not aggressive? Moron.

• Well its clear that you still like him

• Has he told you explicitly the reason for not talking or breaking up with you. It appears that you are still interested in him. I don't the exact answer but, possibly he himself is not sure what to do.

0|0
    0|0
    • He said that he cares about me but he doesn't want to be my boyfriend. There really wasn't a logical reasoning on his end. It just came down to timing. It was a really stressful time of his life and I think he chalked up the stress to our relationship since it was the newest addition in his life. Yes I still love him, but he did not treat me well at all... and he knows that.

• It's hard to say really not knowing your ex bf's personality. He could be doing it to make you think about him, or he feels guilty and is trying be your friend again?

0|0
    0|0
    • He's the type of guy who is stubborn, prideful, and doesn't like his business out there. He has a lot of trouble expressing himself. He is also not that into social media because he hates having people know about his life. That is why its so curious that he made an Instagram like a day after I did and he has been very active online.

• Show All
    • Idk...maybe he's playing hard to get ha ha?

• I think Roney1990 hit the nail on the head... I think he is confused. But if he is playing games, I can play better. Besides the text, I haven't liked any of his postings, and when we were together I was very active with liking and commenting his stuff. So I guess it's safe to say that I'm ignoring him. Since he's prideful, he probably doesn't like that lack of attention and people always want what they can't have...

• He can like your statuses yet still not want to date you...there is no correlation.

0|0
    0|0
    • I understand that... what I don't get is why he is liking pictures of me in a bikini but yet ignoring me when I text him about something simple like beer.

• Show All
    • Wow that's a bit...peculiar. I think he is doing the social media thing because he wants to keep contact with you but not be so personal (such as texting).

Thinking about it...he may be on social media to spy on you. :-P

• I've thought about that too... why do you think he doesn't want to be personal with his communication?

• The thing is He Is use to having you everytime he wishes so that gives him the permission to go on and meet other girls flirt with other girls but when he senses your moving on then he goes back into confusing you once he is certain your there again he goes away, let me tell u he still has feelings for you but atraction and respect is really low thats why he is acting that way best advice if you want him back show him that you really are moving on really once he reaches out respond but in a neutral way then other times tease him remember reverse the roles you gotta be who you was when he first met you dont get emotional maintain your ground once u have him chasing you like crazy once again wait for him to invite you somewhere trust me ATT: MR. KUPID

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know, but you should probably just forget about him

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes