Ex-girlfriend's birthday is coming up tomorrow, should I congratulate her or not?

Her birthday is tomorrow, we were madly in love, should I send her a text? We haven't spoken for almost a year, it ended badly and I even blocked her on Facebook.

I’ve tried to move on, but I can’t help it that I still have feelings for her. She is also keeping a picture from our relationship as her profile pic she has had it there for the past year, either to remind me of the relationship or to mind-f*** me. I’m not sure why, but it’s really weird.

She did me wrong but I’m kind of tired of staying mad at her so should I send her text and congratulate her?

A part of me wants to show her I still care but the other part is like saying it will only boost her ego and make me feel bad about it.

So if I am going to do it, why should I be doing it?

And if not why shoulden't i?

What do you think? I might let the votes decide.
  • Congratulate her after all you did love her.
  • Don't do it, she doesn’t deserve it!
  • Don't know/ Just wanted to see the results
    Vote C
Ok I contacted her

And wrote the following

"Hey,

It's been a long time, Happy Birthday, hope you had a great day today.

Kind regards"

I did it because I was scared not to do it, I was scared to unblock her, I challenged myself, we'll see what kind of response I get, I'm not going to focus so much on that.

And honestly it felt good dissing her and having her blocked, so I don't know how I will feel after this, perhaps keeping the lines of communcation is good than closed?

25

Most Helpful Girl

• I say A, for a few reasons.

If she hurt it has been a year now, and she still has that profile pic, which definitely means she still cares about you.

Whether you want to let her know you care or just be friends, wishing her happy birthday, may just smooth the tension and it will make you feel better, because it sounds like you are torturing yourself.

Life is too short to be mad forever, anyway its not getting you anywhere because you still care for her. She made a mistake and hurt you clearly, but she has already paid the price, she lost you as a boyfriend.

Just go for it, what's the worst that could happen. You never know you may regain a friend.

• That's exactly what I felt that moment when I unblocked her that life is too short to be mad forever at someone..so I unblocked her and sent her this msg

"Hey,

Kind regards

I'm not sure what kind of response I get or if it's a nice one, but it dousen't matter really, for what it's worth I did it because I onced loved and cared for her.

• I'm not interested in just pure friendship though as that was the reason why we stoped communicating all together, she wanted to stay friends I said no, it's either all or nothing...I kept my word, till now, when I contacted her. So in that sense I feel a bit pathetic to have reached out first and not staying true to my word, It kind felt good to diss her and have her being mad at me.

I don't know how she will feel after this, but my goal is to just feel good so we'll see.

• Exactly, you're completely right, you need to feel good and heal that break for you both.

If you want more than friendship then this would be the first step anyway, making friends again there is no point rushing into it saying I love you and miss you because she will get freaked out and it won't work out in the end. Make friends slowly again the rest will come.

Remember slowly, slowly catchy monkey. Tortoise and the hair story, slower is better in the long run. Let me know how it turns out. :)