My ex left me a voice mail today.

She broke up with me 2 months ago for not communicating with her enough and I think she was a bit disappointed I didn't fight for her. But it's how I am. When someone dumps me that's it. She's been sending a few texts over the last week asking me why I gave up, if she ever meant anything, etc.

She called me today at lunch time. I didn't answer of course. And she left a voice mail. I was worried about listening to it in case she was crying. When I listened she sounded really depressed like she was going to cry but she held it together. She just said she is sorry for all the texts and that it was unbecoming of her and then went on to say she is finding it hard to let go even though she knows breaking up was for the best. And then she said she can tell I've moved on and will respect that and not bother me anymore.

Is it bad that I am disappointed that she didn't beg for me back? It seems like she's heartbroken so why isn't she asking for me back?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It seems like you're asking the same question she's asking. You didn't beg for her, what were your reasons? I'm sure it's not simply because you didn't care about her. The answer is pride. It prevented you from asking for her back and although she sucked up some of her pride by texting/calling, you aren't meeting her halfway so the little bit of pride she has left is stopping her from literally "begging" for you back.

If you want her back, she's made the first move to break the ice and hint that it's not really over for her. By not responding, you make her feel stupid and weak. In her eyes, she HAS begged for you back by even contacting you with all this nonsense. I'm assuming you're no longer interested, in which case it's best that you continue not to respond and she'll move on eventually. If you just want her to literally beg for some sick satisfaction, only to turn her down/ignore her, I wouldn't hold my breath for it. She seems like she's finally giving up.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• She already said in the voice mail that all of the texts was unbecoming of her. She knows it makes her look clingy and desperate so if she outright said "please take me back!" that'll make her look even more unbecoming.

She clearly wanted you to fight for her once she broke up with you. But you didn't. Her doing all of that with the texts is her trying to undo what she did.

2|0
    0|0
  • It seems to me like you both want to other one to fight for you and beg you to come back, so you're kinda at a dead end unless you man up take the first step, she already reaching out to you in her own way

2|0
    0|0
  • If you really like her, you should contact her. Or if you want her to not bother you anymore, you should tell her that too. Don't be passive aggressive. It's just a quality of someone with issues. Be straightforward about things like a man

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe she shouldn't have broken up with you even if she just wanted to frighten you and make you fight for her, but I guess she realized that in the end you didn't/ don't really care, or you would have done something about it. That's what she's probably thinking anyway.

I also understand your point of view, but considering the reason she broke up with you, she's basically insecure about how you feel about her and, at the same time, is a bit proud to stay in that limbo by herself. I don't think she'll beg you to take her back, not more than she has already done anyway.

The question is, are you heartbroken and would like to go back with her after she begs a little, or are you really over her and just need to massage your ego?...

0|0
    0|0
  • because you hurt her when you seemed like you didn't want to fight for her enough

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• I think she feel she has been trying to do exactly that? You've ignored her completely and left her with nothing to hold on to. I think if you want get her back you will have to do exactly what it takes to get her back. If not then don't think about it.

Like you said, " When someone dumps me that's it."

1|0
    0|0
  • in this age of false sexual harassment lawsuits, fighting to get an ex back can be a gamble. saying you miss someone is not the same as wanting them back.

you did the right thing by leaving things be. some guys dont, then you hear stories about ex girlfriend getting the wrong message and filing restraining orders.

my advise, if you run into her tell her she was the one to break it off, its her job to fix it.

if she doesn't, move on

0|0
    0|0
  • Well the fact she recontacted you and that you completely ignored her showed her there was no use to ask for a second chance.

You've been completely indifferent, and there is nothing worse than this.

2|0
    0|0
  • Not communicating and not fighting for her. Clearly she broke up with you to try and get some sort of attention from you. In other words, call her back asap and ask if she wants to talk.

Show some interest if your interested damnit!

0|0
    0|0
  • well she basically is willing to give it another shot if you are. That's basically what the voice mail said. If you want her back, I would just start things slow. Call her up ask her hows she's been and catch up a little bit then maybe see if she wants to go for coffee.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes