My ex left me a voice mail today.

She broke up with me 2 months ago for not communicating with her enough and I think she was a bit disappointed I didn't fight for her. But it's how I am. When someone dumps me that's it. She's been sending a few texts over the last week asking me why I gave up, if she ever meant anything, etc.

She called me today at lunch time. I didn't answer of course. And she left a voice mail. I was worried about listening to it in case she was crying. When I listened she sounded really depressed like she was going to cry but she held it together. She just said she is sorry for all the texts and that it was unbecoming of her and then went on to say she is finding it hard to let go even though she knows breaking up was for the best. And then she said she can tell I've moved on and will respect that and not bother me anymore.

Is it bad that I am disappointed that she didn't beg for me back? It seems like she's heartbroken so why isn't she asking for me back?

65

Most Helpful Girl

• It seems like you're asking the same question she's asking. You didn't beg for her, what were your reasons? I'm sure it's not simply because you didn't care about her. The answer is pride. It prevented you from asking for her back and although she sucked up some of her pride by texting/calling, you aren't meeting her halfway so the little bit of pride she has left is stopping her from literally "begging" for you back.

If you want her back, she's made the first move to break the ice and hint that it's not really over for her. By not responding, you make her feel stupid and weak. In her eyes, she HAS begged for you back by even contacting you with all this nonsense. I'm assuming you're no longer interested, in which case it's best that you continue not to respond and she'll move on eventually. If you just want her to literally beg for some sick satisfaction, only to turn her down/ignore her, I wouldn't hold my breath for it. She seems like she's finally giving up.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE