Why couldn't he be honest with me? Why be a jerk instead?

I'm going to try to make a long story short. He broke up with me for really no reason, every time I asked him, it was a different reason or excuse. A couple months later he says he isn't over me and wanted me back. Then for a couple weeks he disappears, and comes back like nothing happened. One day we hung out, we were talking like we were going to get back together. Then a family issue came up and he said to give him a few days. A few days turned into a few weeks, and a few days ago I saw where he unfriended me. At that point I've had it. I was tired of him ignoring me all the time, coming back, repeat. I treated him the way I would want to be treated, I supported him, I loved him (still do), I was always there for him. So I text him and it turned into a fight, after pulling his teeth I finally got out of him some honesty that we were over. I felt disgusted, like I was some wandering dog and he just ignored me hoping I would go away. He apparently couldn't call me and have a honest conversation with me and end it. I feel like I wasn't even worth the truth.
I guess my question is, why couldn't he just be honest with me? Why did he ignore me? And why did he unfriend me? When usually the dumpee unfriends the dumper, not the other way around. And he is still friends with me on snapchat and reads every single snap of mine. Ever since I told him good bye, his actions are confusing as well, he is acting like a lost animal.

And one more thing, he still has some stuff of mine and I told him I want them back and every time I ask its like I asked him for a kidney. I even told him I would come get it but he won't let me. He says I'll get them on his time not mine. You'd think he would want to get rid of my stuff after the way he acted in our fight. How can I get my stuff back without the drama and fighting? I just don't understand him anymore.

34

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow. Okay, well...i think people in general want to avoid drama at all costs!!! Hence him giving you the run around which was definitely a dick move. I also think he is still trying to have some type of control lover you and the situation as a whole since you have no desire to sit and deal with his mess. Instead, you have decided to move on...and he doesn't like it. Hence his odd behavior. There has basically been a power shift and that's what he is upset about.He expected things to go a certain way, and since he has lost control, hr almost doesn't know what to do with himself.

• Did anyone ever tell you that you look just like the late Phillip Seymor Hoffman?

I loved his work, by the way.

• Yeah. He is a hot mess and hood for you for not dealing with his nonsense.Thanks for MH.

• @bluemax

:) His work was absolutely amazing!