You'd think that a fancy restaurant, night club, or bar would be the most popular choice for a first date; however, Starbucks seems to top the list here in Canada.
Turns out that the big franchise companies such as Timmy's, Boston Pizza, The Keg, etc. are quite popular - with the reason likely being multiple locations and a more casual, laid-back ambiance.
It was also noted that men are more willing to commit to a full dinner on a first date, whereas women preferred a coffee meet-up prior to a formal sit-down.
Generally, the aim of a first date is to be casual, but not too spontaneous (or careless-seeming). You should be comfortable enough to relax and chat, and avoid overly complex schedules...
Here are a couple possible ideas:
- Coffee or tea (back to basics)
- Bowling (food and something to do to pass time)
- Dinner (avoid super-fancy restaurants, unless you do want to set the bar that high!)
- Theme parks/carnivals (if you're both interested, of course)
- Local bands (similar music taste? why not!)
- Class (one that matches both your hobbies... eg. cooking, dancing, etc.)
What do you guys prefer for a first date?