20 Signs a Guy/Girl Likes You

stellamint

Figuring out whether someone appreciates us can be very difficult. And starting to flirt without knowing if the attraction is mutual is risky. To interpret your crush's behavior and to know whether he likes you or not, here are some signs that he is interested.

1- He/she looks at you a lot

Often unconsciously, we can not help but look (repeatedly) at people that we find attractive. If they keep looking at you (even discreetly), you have your first clue.

20 Signs a Guy/Girl Likes You!

2- His/her pupils dilate

According to Patti Wood, a body language expert, dilated pupils indicate that we're looking at someone with desire. This is a brain response that occurs if you enjoy or are attracted to something. Yes, it's a detail, but a significant one!

3- He/she asks questions

"Do you have any brothers or sisters?" "Where do you want to live in the future?". We show curiosity only when we are interested in someone. If they ask many questions, they want to get to know you.

4- He/she is creative

They don't only ask you to grab a bite at the local restaurant, or have a coffee at Starbucks. Exhibitions, concerts ... They're absolutely trying to impress you with a fun and exciting activity.

5- He/she makes plans

If they want to see you again, it's simple, they're interested. No one agrees to go on a date with someone unless they want to spend time with that person. They plan a new thing for next Thursday? This is a good sign!

20 Signs a Guy/Girl Likes You

6- He/she lets his/her body speaks

If your arms are often "accidentally" touching, if your legs meet "innocently" under the table or if you are often relatively close to one another when talking: it is not unintentional!

7- His/her feet are pointing toward you

No, it's not a joke. Feet tend to point toward where the heart wants to go. It's a key sign!

8. He/she doesn't talk about his/her ex

Whether they dated many people or had a solitary life, they will not talk about it. There's nothing more crippling than a crush who talks about their conquests. The only one they want to win, it's you. You can of course talk about it later, when you get to know each other better.

9. He/she asks for your opinion

What movie to watch? Where should they go this summer? Whether for anodyne questions or reflections on life, they want your opinion. And they take it seriously.

10. He/she licks his/her lips

Apparently when we are attracted to someone, we produce excessive saliva. If they press their lips or run their tongue over their lips, it could mean that they like you. A strange but very important clue in your pursuit of "does he/she likes me?".

20 Signs a Guy/Girl Likes You

11. He/she asks about your past

Where do you come from, what studies you've done ... They are curious to know what made you the person you are today. And they listen attentively to your answers.

12- He/she stays with you late

Even if they have to leave early for work the next day, they will talk to you until the last train or bus arrives. And they don't care if they miss it!

13. He/she shares his/her problems

They don't pretend to be okay all the time, no one is. They prefer to discuss with you what worries them, even the small things.

14. He/she's a little nervous around you

At first, being nervous is a normal reaction when we meet a new person. But if your crush seems to have butterflies in their stomach when they're with you, they're certainly excited by your presence.

20 Signs a Guy/Girl Likes You

15. He/she's real with you

They don't try to hide their grumpy or seriously awkward side. They don't claim to be flawless and show their true colors.

16. He/she smiles a lot

Like really a lot. A big smile that doesn't fade in a few seconds is a proof of real interest. Add to that the fact that they smile for no reason and you can be sure that they really like you.

20 Signs a Guy/Girl Likes You

17- He/she invites you to meet their friends

It means that you're starting to hold a prominent place in their life. Therefore, it's important that at some point, you do meet their friends.

18. He/she doesn't play games

When you text them, they answer. They don't wait three days before replying with a simple "ok". In other words, acting indifferent is not their thing. They want to be authentic with you.

19. He/she appreciates your friends

And makes efforts to meet them and get to know them. After all, if they are so important to you, they should be as interesting as you.

20. He/she calls

When they want to talk to you, or make plans, they call instead of texting you. It's more direct and personal.

20 Signs a Guy/Girl Likes You
20 Signs a Guy/Girl Likes You
10
12

Most Helpful Guy

• EnglishArtsteacher
    I'll just assume this list is accurate for the most part: This must mean there aren't any women who like me-at all. Every girl I come across acts the exact opposite of what this list portrays. As a matter of fact (as creepy as this sounds), the ONLY time I see girls show me these signs are from my own high school students (Of course, not that I would actually date my students-I'm not THAT teacher).

That may be an exaggeration, as some girls still like me, but I rarely come across girls who give me these signs.
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• Azara
    This now when healthy emotionally stable normalised people like you lol most of the world is not healthy :-)
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

119
  • 06CuriousMind
    Couldn't agree more. Great take. So many people ignore the signs because they want there to be something more than there actually is. I definitely had signs from my ex but just didn't pick them up

Another sign is they are never on their phone when they're with you. My ex would check insta or fb when we were together but i never pulled out my phone once.
    • stellamint

Couldn't agree more on the phone one! Thanks! :)

• Dim_121
    I would add that women will eat differently around you if they like you. If your just freinds they won't are about eating like a pig infront of you. Guys kind of do this also but it is not really that notice able. Because they often tone it down anyways infront of their female freinds.
    • Dim_121

How accurate is the feet thing because I'm thinking of asking out a shy girl and were still getting used to the awkwardness of talking alone? So she will often turn to me and talk for a bit while her feet are still pointing in the direction that she was going but her upper body is turned towards me. Obviously it might be that she is still nervous about talking to me and she wants to somewhat quickly end it walk away, relax and ease up.

• BlastGrass

Yo I'm pretty shy, so I'm here to answer! The feet thing I'd say is partially accurate, and you're partially correct.
      So if I'm not very comfortable with the person yet, but I know that I like him (ie, we're not even really friends yet, just acquaintances), I usually tend to keep my feet pointed away, especially if there are other people I'm more comfortable with there, or pointed at my current task. and yeah - what you said. I'm shy and I just want to disengage.
      However, once I become more comfortable with them, I take the opportunity to face them more with my feet.
      The only exception to this is if I'm in a group, or if he comes up to me and talks to me and we're alone. Then, I'm shy to turn to him directly.

• Dim_121

Thanks blastGrass I'm always happy to get a shy person's opinion. I'm freinds with several very shy freinds and most of the time I get answers on this site from nonshy people who don't understand.

• Hopefuldreamer8
    I don't do any of this except 14, unless I do 1 and 2 without meaning to. When I like a guy, I do everything I can to avoid them. I assume they won't be interested, and I am scared I'll show signs I like them. I get worried they'll get freaked about me being interested and we won't talk to each other anymore. I've had that happen plenty of times in the past with guys. Once they find out that I like them, they don't want to talk to me anymore.
  • ImmunoDane
    I love the video examples, especially the one accompanying "they call". So funny :-)
    Thank you :-)
  • Kelania
    I'm a different person... I het rude to the person whom I have crush on n I play hard to get... this becoz I don't want to show my feelings to him... should I stop being rude n start giving him signs
  • 83chris
    Sometime people avoid looking at someone if they like them
    • EmiliaB

I do this when I'm not feeling confident/ don't rate my chances

• 83chris

Lots of people do it if they either (a) don't want the person to catch them looking, (b) don't want other people to notice them looking, and assume they like said person!

• Enaya
    A guy did 19/20 of these with me and backed off real fast when I asked him out. What gives?
  • BlastGrass
    AAAAAH HE DOESN'T LICK HIS CUTE LIPS IN MY PRESENCE WHAT DO I DO AAH
  • phil2
    Thanks. It all makes real sense. And when they do the opposite it means they don't like you.
    • Shorty1991

Not necessarily, some guys aren't so straight forward. Especially the shy/socially awkward ones.

• @Shorty1991 I think it's interesting people often lump shyness, and social awkwardness in the same category. They're not necessarily the same thing.

Shy people are just quiet. My cousin's husband is shy, but he's not socially awkward-At all. Actually, when he DOES talk, he is able to gold a conversation, and he's actually humorous, and at time, charismatic.

On the other hand, I know a socially awkward guy who talks ALL the time, but is very inappropriate, and doesn't have any sense. Actually, he is TOO straightforward, and talks TOO much.

• Shorty1991

@EnglishArtsteacher I was not placing shy and socially awkward guys in the same category. I just replaced the word "or" with a / because I felt like it. Yes that is correct, they can often be humorous. Sometimes the jokes are uncalled for or they give compliments, only for them to come off in a distasteful way. They don't know its OK to start a conversation, what conversations of topics to talk about. They come out with something else that doesn't even relate to it. The lack of understanding can lead to shy behavior.

• ConsultantIsBack
    Great take! Agree with you
    and the channing tatum gif from she's the man hahaha nice
  • Giacomanzo
    According to this, if we don't consider points 2, 13 and 14 ( 13 and 14 I don't do with anybody, ESPECIALLY those who I find interesting/attractive) I like every single males and females.
  • John_Doesnt
    This mostly seems obvious, but I guess it's not obvious to some.
  • kitty71
    So what if a guy when you first met him, he gave you signs he likes you oir at least is kind of attracted, even they wnt out on a date, they dine, he invited, they made out,, he even share with him some personal stuff even about hisu past relationships, he asked you about your current love status, he flirted wth you, he complimtedn you on your looks, you even talked about going out again (never happened though) weeks later but then 1 he did not share with you he was going to Europe with your cousin, and things changed while he was in Europe cause witha text he kind of blew you off saying that whatever they have or it was is not going to work and he is sorry and he hopes you are ok, he said to you.
  • sixnineanon
    I should copy and paste this myTake link to the "does he/she like me" questions lol
  • BertMacklinFBI
    sorry i really think 7 isn't true lol
    • unless they're literally standing in front of you talking

• Offthelist
    Some vary but some are accurate
  • zombiebabe
    very interesting takr
  • Anonymous
    sounds like something you pulled out of Cosmo
  • Anonymous
    I usually ignore these signs because I assume that he's just being friendly or its just a prank.
  • Anonymous
    And this right here show the vast majority of women don't like men right off the bat.

80/20 RULE IN EFFECT. Women only chase Chad. Every other Guy must wine and dine them on dates and show their provider capability to build up the affection level.