What I Love About Nerdy Men

Stacyzee

There are different sorts of men that appeal to me.

One of the types, I will focus on are those that appear nerdy.

Don't worry, I haven't gone crazy (just yet), I am in no way speaking about the Steve Urcle (Family Matters actor) or Screech (Saved by the bell actor) over-exaggerated kind of nerd; that makes you want to pull your hairs out and run in into ongoing traffic.

What I Love About Nerdy Men

Well, maybe that was a bit of an extreme reaction......

What I Love About Nerdy Men

I am speaking about the types of men that are visually attractive but appear as if their main focus is in the books and career. These types of guys usually are into video games and often times don't mind relaxing at home. They take it easy and do very predictable things. They aren't into the club or bar scene, they hardly ever drink. When they do, it is done in a responsible and calculated manner.

What I Love About Nerdy Men

I know...I know...you're probably wondering what could possibly be so interesting about a man who doesn't live on the wild side? Since, I've got a lot of that already in me, I like someone who can be my opposite half. I find that creates balance in a relationship, it's the many differences between us that makes us whole.

What I Love About Nerdy Men

You will not believe when I tell you that in some cases these nerds are...

1. Undercover freaks

Don't let his intelligence and hesitation to try something new, make you assume he's a complete bore in the bed room. This nerdy guy has done all of his homework. Besides his prior experience(s) before you, he has researched the deed so much that he is able to rock your world. Who knew someone with such a persona could make your eyes roll back and pussy orgasm the way he made it? Trey Songz had it right, when he said the neighbors know his name, because this surely is the case in this situation.

2. Ambitious

There's nothing more sexier than a man that wants to go far in life. This guy will make a great father (if he isn't one already). He has one heck of a drive to do well and is never detoured due to outside influences.

3. Mature

He might have his moments where he may act like a kid, but when it comes down to tough situations you'll never catch him doing anything irresponsible.

Some people have to make mistakes in order to learn from them, but not him. Even just the thought of the possible precautions for his actions ,is enough to stray him away from any temptation lingering his way. This man has his own mind and is not easily influenced.

Who knew not being a risk taker could come in handy?

4. He walks away from fights

I know a lot of us women like the big and tough men, that can kick a guys ass if he messes with us. But, the wanting to fight every one gets old after a while because it is an impossible task.

As you mature mentally, people that have a grip on situations are the types that may appeal to you more.

Yes, this man sticks up for himself but things don't ever reach a physical level. He knows how to intelligently dismiss and insult someone without things ever escalating to that degree.

5. Loyal

I've heard so many women say, "Men are dogs". They believe that stereotype because unfortunately their life experiences have showed them no differently. This guy is a lone wolf, and as I said before he follows no pack. When he says you're his girl, he means it and stays true to you. The question is, will you do the same to him? or take his kindness for granted?

What I Love About Nerdy Men

So, there you have it...

I can appreciate the many different types of men, especially the most often overlooked!

What I Love About Nerdy Men
55
7

Most Helpful Guy

• Dipsy
    Good take!

I find it funny how men and women's expectations differ, like these:

weknowmemes.com/.../i-love-awkward-nerdy-guys.jpeg

Same when women say they kinda like shy guys.
    A guy's expectation of a shy guy usually is: Very shy, doesn't say anything unless almost forced to do, social anxiety, really awkward.
    A girl's expectation of a shy guy usually is: Only very slightly shy (like laughing cutely), but after 5 minutes of meeting the guy is confident af

Lol
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• RainbowFanGirl
    Nerds are the best ❤️ Especially when they love Pokemon and video games like me. That's why I love my boyfriend.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

654
  • Xseed
    You can be nerdy AND attractive? That's impossible. The universe wasn't made to withstand a guy having both qualities lol
    Jokes aside, I feel that today's world is going in a different direction concerning nerds and geeky guys. We're learning that it's socially acceptable to be a Nerd or a geek and that gyms and a healthy diet exist. So what's happening is that we now have a breed of nerdy men who's physically fit and takes care of their bodies. All of the sudden nerds aren't so bad to look at. And they know a lot if stuff and everything mentioned above.

There is also a big difference between nerdy geeky men and those who foresake their social life, health, finance, and responsibilities for the sole purpose of playing video games. Those men are too hard core. I used to be one and looking back I was disgusted with myself on how I could give up everything to play video games. I realized that video games are just a tool for people to fantasize about being someone they're not. To live in a world that they fully control. The powerful and unique characters you play in games are what I wanted to become but DONT. I instead dream and wish. Not actually going out in the world and become that character.

The world is changing and Iam not shaming anyone who plays video games. I am saying there's a difference. That attractive nerdy guy up there doesn't look like someone who's given up his life for video games and comics. He's balanced. He does nerdy stuff and is a nerd, but he also consistently interacts in the world and looks after his body.

• Stacyzee

Yes, you can be both. I happen to know a nerdy guy who fits both images. He's studying to be a nurse (and because of his field and knowledge) takes good care of his body and works out. Most times he is playing video games and studying.
      On the contrary,
      I know another nerd who is like the guy I described but very overweight.
      All nerds don't fit under one check box.

• Stacyzee

**I meant studying to become a Doctor

• BlueCoyote
    I like your MyTake because I'm pretty much the type of guy you've described here :-). There's only one real difference: I'm not very much into video games. By that I mean, I'm not a Geek. I'm not interested in Star Trek or hacking computers or things like that. I'm just nerdy in the sense that I really love academics and studying/learning new things etc. Contrary to most people, I've always enjoyed school. I watch lots of documentaries and I read non-fiction books and sometimes, when I feel playful, I go up to my girlfriend and say in this smartass-like voice "Did youuu knowww that?" ;-).
    But in everything else, you've pretty much described me. I especially liked the part about walking away from fights. That's SO true for me. In fact, I was also forced to do this my whole life. The reason for this is that I have been born almost blind. Hence, I wouldn't have a chance in a physical fight with another guy. But that's totally okay because throughout my childhood and teenage years, I've acquired skills to de-escalate situations or defend myself in non-physical ways. I don't really care if some guys think I'm a weakling because I know it's not true. Being smart in a tense situation sometimes takes much more strength than just randomly starting to punch and kick another person.
    I also liked your paragraph about loyalty. Now, fortunately, I've found a girl who is just as nerdy and loyal as I am myself. So I'm not personally affected by women who can't appreciate loyalty. However, i still think it's sad they exist. To be quite honest, I've always felt that most young women are pretty dumb when it comes to dating. I know several girls who've dated complete jerks just because "oh he's so tough and masculine and bla blah blah" only to break up 1-2 years later and come crying that "men are all pigs and assholes, I hate them!" And the worst part: only 3 months later, they would hook up with the next macho idiot. One of my female friends who is already 32 once told me "it took me until my 30th birthday to realize that dating jerks doesn't make any sense". I was stunned. I couldn't believe my ears. I didn't want to be mean to her but I just thought to myself: "Really? It took you 30 years to get that? How come I was already able to distinguish the jerks from the nice guys in high school? I mean... are you really THAT stupid?"
    I find it great that there are girls like you out there who can appreciate the subtle advantages of dating a nerdy but good-hearted guy.
  • Cccgala
    This take is spot on! Nerds are awesome and charismatic but most do not realize this. They can also be great leaders for something they're passionate about.

I have held the most profound conversations with nerdy guys in general. I find them to be really interesting 😊
  • TayTay21
    Nerdy guys have way more of a chance with girls than they realize. What gets in the way is themselves and their low self-esteem. Most nerdy guys are self-defeating, and they don't even give themselves a chance to get the girl they want. I'm very attracted to intelligent guys (though I can't stand know-it-alls) and think that some nerdy guys are incredibly funny.
  • FullOfMyself
    More like "I like hot guys that have some nerd qualities." Nerdiness in and of itself is probably not a determining factor. I highly doubt you or any woman that claims to have an affinity for X trait (nerd/funny/nice/whatever) would find an otherwise unattractive man to be worth pursuing because of that trait.
    • Stacyzee

I'm a attractive woman that gets told I should model regularly. I dated a chubby man for over ten years, and everyone bashed our relationship saying I am too good for him based on appearance

• Fathoms77
    Okay, in a perfect world, this would all be true about most nerdy guys.

Sadly, however, it's not. Unfortunately, from what women have told me over the years about their dealings with nerdy guys, they're almost never "undercover freaks" (generally being timid and insecure), they're often shockingly IMmature (typically due to a simple lack of social development), and... well, there's a big difference between walking away from a fight and running away from one. ;)

I think all nerdy guys wish they were exactly what you described, though. :)
    • Stacyzee

I was careful to stay clear of generalization and say "some" when introducing what I love about nerds. The ones I've been involved with were exactly like what I described.
      There's never a true for all coat however.
      Of course some nerds won't fit this description :)

• dangerDoge
    Although I actually got/get great grades in school, play (ed) video games, didn't/don't drink, wasn't/am not into the big party scene, and was/is often very focused on my hobbies (art and music), I've never really been called a nerd. I always thought it was a good thing, but according to this take, maybe not lol

That aside, on one hand, my pride wants to take hold of the descriptions you gave and say "YEP, that's me 100%," but alas, I feel like doing so would be for naught. There are aspects of this I can rightly claim (i. e. Video games, lack of drinking, lack of partying), but I feel the rest are for others to decide of me.

I would describe this mytake as describing a version of an ideal man. Naturally everyone qualified under the first description (doesn't drink, plays video games, etc.) going to want to be the ideal lol. I mean, who is going to think of themselves as unambitious, unloyal, and immature? Of course I and others are going to think they are ambitious, loyal, and mature. Those are positive traits.

But the harsh reality is that one may be less ambitious than they think, less loyal than they think, and less mature than they think. Heck they may be accurate in their description, but there is so much self bias that self description makes it without merit. An ideal, by definition, cannot be shared by the majority.
    (Note this above was all more so a reaction to the comments)

But what else am I getting at? I do believe there are some nerdy guys out there in the way you describe it. I do believe there also Steve Urcle types. However, the majority of people who don't really drink or party or whatnot fall in the middle of the spectrum... An average of em if you will. The ideal you describe does not apply to the majority of "nerdy" men but rather a very very small minority.

Not necessarily a pipe dream-- but not exactly practical for the average "nerd" or one described as "nerdy."
  • Spiorad_Aisce
    Good take - Yeah I agree there is a quiet group of men out there like this who are a good catch for those that like them - As in an awful lot of things on GaG, to each their own - There are so many types out there male and female, I suppose that is what makes the world a wonderful and diverse place.
  • Mustachekitteh
    100% agree and is why I'm with one. ^^ He's also doesn't look like the physical stereotype of a nerd, aka nicely toned body and hot/cute face. ^^
  • the_rake
    hmm, I'm not so sure how much of this is true versus wishful thinking...
    • Stacyzee

I'm only speaking on behalf of nerds I've encountered , so this is true according to my experience.

• the_rake

fair enough but what you consider a nerd might not be what the next man considers a nerd if you catch my drift.

• Stacyzee

The only difference I am getting pointed out here is that most feel nerds are unattractive which is a stereotype.
      All of the personality traits seem to match up here , but I disagree I think even average looking is attractive.

• MrShinyPants
    Not sure if fighting over a comic book is mature but hey, each of us nerds have kryptonite lol, i myself am more of a nerd/dork/adventurer like a nerd jock but not into sports unless its soccer, lacross or rugby, love finding adventures but being in a city is hard to find one
  • Nik1hil
    There are much better topic out there ex - 'Anal Bleaching'.. But you pulled this topic pretty good..
    • Stacyzee

Anal bleaching doesn't intrigue me at all perhaps you should write about it if it fascinates you.

• Nik1hil

😂 nope,.. I have no idea what it is

• Unit1
    I really loved reading your mytake =)
    You got me when you described this

"This guy is a lone wolf, and as I said before he follows no pack. When he says you're his girl, he means it and stays true to you."
    That's exactly what I think every night when fantasizing having the girl of my dreams :D
  • brain5000
    When I got the notification of this Take, I got excited for a minute. Unfortunately you disappointed me this time, @Stacyzee. There is also an entire nerd-girl lust on the guys side too, which roughly translates into "normal, conventional hot girl with glasses."

Even the personality traits you mentioned aren't really nerdy. You seem to suggest that non-nerdy men are stupid, immoral boors.

Nerds are very much a physical type that doesn't match the ideal in your photo.

#disappointment :(

www.hollywookiee.com/.../Nerd-Hot.jpg
    • Stacyzee

You're acting as if all nerds fit into one box.
      I've met nerds that match what I have described.
      What you want is the stereotype of a nerd and unfortunately there's always exceptions to those stigmas. Nerds aren't always ugly and unfit.
      People think it's impossible for a nerd to be even remotely attractive.

• Stacyzee

And please feel free to show where I suggested nerds were stupid. This all post is talking about how responsible and mature they are.

• Stacyzee

And I made no mention of non nerdy men for you to get that impression , I said I'm into all sorts of men. People love to add what isn't written.

• clampfan101
    That's me! 😊
    If someone calls me a nerd, I will take it as a compliment. lol 😉
    And as for how far I want to go in life, I don't just have a dream job, but a fantasy job! (Fantacy as in it will probably never happen, but is slightly possible.)

I sooo want my girl to be this kind of nerd, too! 😘💕
  • singlebee
    Lol you almost described me!
    I like chilling in my house...
    I am not the club going guy
    I love video games
    I don't drink but occasionally smoke weed
    Points 1,2,3,5 do seem like me... not very sure about 4 though

:-) ;-)
  • VomitV
    You need to go to a video game tournament, anime convention, or uni mathematics department. I've been in all three, and I can tell you firsthand that everyone in those places is smelly, socially retarded, inept at grooming, dresses horribly, and is out of shape.

What you want is a Hallmark movie hunk with glasses. They exist, but none of the "nerdy" traits apply to them. They're the same as any other douche, just with impaired or faux-impaired eyesight.

"But there's guys with those interests that are HOT and ---". No. Shhh. If they even exist, they're most likely already taken. I've been around nerds for most of my life, unfortunately, and this romanticized perception of them from both genders is really fucking stupid and unrealistic.
    • Stacyzee

I'm speaking about nerds I've met in College. You can't stereotype and group everyone in one basket.
      This is the same as people thinking blacks and Hispanics fit under a certain personality trait due to their race.

• Stacyzee

And of course , look wise or clothing style due to nothing other than their ethnicity.
      These traits are true according to my exposure not what I sat and fantasized about.

• VomitV

As I said, douchebag with glasses =/= nerd.

• Tomsta
    This is basically me other the fight thing i do someone want punch the shit outta someone if they really annoy me. Plus i know that im very open minded in bed and i know in my gut im better in bed than most guys I've come across
  • genuinlysensitive
    Too bad most women don't agree with this, at all, I mean not even a little bid. Damn shame as its spot on!
  • Gommers
    You don't like nerdy men, you like actors that play nerdy men; huge difference.
    • Stacyzee

Because all nerds are supposed to be ugly and out of shape? It's impossible for an attractive man to be shy and into his career , not going out and video games.

• Stacyzee

As a woman that gets told I should model on a regular basis it's only fair that I like someone average and up looking.

• Gommers

You don't have any idea what average is.

• joeb73
    Great my take. The funny thing is you basically described me. I hope you find that special someone who will help make all your dreams come true.
  • Omar5881
    You're talking about non existing men , no-one have all the things you're talking about
    • Stacyzee

So, I guess the men I've met like this are a figment of my imagination.

• Omar5881

Maybe who knows 😛

• chc0009
    Yeah, but only if the nerdy man is white or Latino does he have better chances with the women. Since I see South Asian, Middle Eastern, East Asian, and black nerds and they don't get the women as much as their white or Latino counterparts.
  • ThisisDyari
    I think I'm a type of guy that Read and study and also doesn't go to bars or clubs and also my clothes are a bit Classic I'm not into swaggy and those types and also playing video games but that doesn't turn you into a nerd ;) Take it easy
  • awesometjgreen
    I wish people viewed me this way this basically describes me perfectly. Plus I've never had a girlfriend so yeah perfectly :-)
  • vidaloca
    Can't relate, but to each their own. Glad those guys are getting some lurve
    • Toad-1

So what don't you like about nerds?

• vidaloca

@Toad-1 I don't vibe with them as a potential romantic partner. I'm not their type, they're not mine. We just operate within different circles, and in different ways. My intellectual and social lives are separate, and I follow (and sometimes create) social norms within my peer group. I am what some would call an "alpha female." I appreciate nerds as friends and people to learn from, though. They're very special. Dating one would get on my nerves after a while, as I've found that many have no appreciation for certain forms of convention and discretion.

• SwoopingHawk
    So you want to date the male lead from a Rom-Com?

Sorry, but nerd means socially awkward, it means of course tonight's Battlestar Galactica rerun takes priority over what that sl*t Kate said at work today, it means that the little romantic gestures are superfluous and illogical, now let me get back to this essay on Cato or line of code or what have you, it means that not wanting to be social ain't just a bitty inhibition or a sometimes thing, it's default. Is this the case for every nerd or all the time? Of course not, but I'm sick of getting pigeon holed as some submissive fairytale metrosexual trophy partner because I like English History and Warhammer A LOT and couldn't get a date in high school. Yes, I'm a nerd, yes I have plans for my life, but I quite like people, I have punched jerks, and I'm sure as Hell not a covert pervert. Was this supposed to be a cute article? Yes, and it was, but someone's been hitting the movies hard.
  • anonman32
    i must say this mytake is accurate. i liked reading it.
  • Phoenix98
    Hah defiantly true for some of us but not all of us, though I'm a geek and a dork not a nerd lol.
  • CancerianMan81
    well you're describing me to a fucking T that's for sure
  • Jaketran2308
    I have all of that. But I guess I am a little bit shy. But that could turn me into number one
  • Danfrombackhome
    You realize these are nothing like nerd qualities. Most nerd are neckbeards who beat off to anime and complain online about pro wrestling or marvel movies
  • bloodmountain1990
    By nerdy, you mean the actors who play superheroes?
    • Stacyzee

Another guy who believes all nerds are just a exaggerated stereotype.
      They must all be awkward as hell, unattractive, and out of shape. This is really sad.
      This is like me posting a post listing what I love about blacks, but then people coming out of the wood works inferring that blacks must be loud, ghetto, and hideous.
      This is just as bad , it really is!

• Thrifty
    4. Walks away from fights... but secretly thinking about who he can pay to beat the crap out of you.
  • Aeon_Flux_21
    LMAO! You basically like Alpha males with glasses. Nerd my ass.
  • Maxemeister
    I have never met a man who would walk away from a fight. I don't think I could
  • aboomya
    Glasses are sexy and so are guitar players
  • YourFutureEx
    That's me except #4.
  • Supersonic_Sex_Ninja
    So, Just wearing glasses makes you a nerd?
    • Stacyzee

I made no mention if personality through out this entire post

• Stacyzee

*of personality

• But you used pics of what looks like male models wearing glasses lol
      Most real nerds are not that lucky, Pluss the social ackwardness.

• Krillanr
    This was nice to read. Much thanks. XD
  • bulat1990
    The world needs more girls like you.
  • Thisperson98
    I am very nerdy, but not attractive.
  • Words_and_Wisdom
    As a nerd I can confirm this. Especially #1 ;)
  • MaLifeBeLikeOooAaah
    I'm an absolute nerd and I LOVE IT
  • doctorwhofan23
    Where do you meet girls who like guys like this?
    • Seconded!

• You don't, since most of us are probably studying in libraries on our campuses, playing CoD in our rooms, watching Dr. Who and anything by Marvel, reading comic books, or sitting at home on our computers giving advice on situations we actually have no experience with. (All of these things apply specifically to myself, of course.) Sorry! :-)

• Sunflower19
    Majority of guys I dated (like 3) are Nerds. 😍
  • ineedhelp26
    Thanks for good mytake
  • blustar
    My boy Screech!
  • orphan
    so if you're not talking about nerds... then?