Don't Put All Your Eggs into 1 Basket!

Don't Put All Your Eggs into 1 Basket!

1. First 6 months is the honeymoon

Sure things may be going great in the beginning because the other person wants to make a great first impression. But after that- true colors tend to come out. Don't commit until you know the person in all sorts of situations... It just makes sense.

2. Rose colored glasses

People in love tend to not see a lot of things that may be obvious to others. Try not to close your eyes to things that may be red flags. This is why keeping your options open and reminding yourself of how a relationship should be, is the way to go.

3. People want what they can't have

If you create the illusion that you aren't putting all your time, effort and energy into a single person, unless they are worth it- this will create a sense of value and respect for yourself. Of course people don't want something that comes easy to them. Do the opposite.

99

Most Helpful Guy

• If you've made it official, then you should put all your eggs in one basket otherwise it is unfair to the other person involved.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you do that you are inviting the other person to do that as well. Then you have two people in a semi-relationship that don't really care about each other.

No thanks. I'll put myself out there, be sincere and get hurt as many times as it happens to find someone I truly love instead of someone I'm fake with. As far as I'm concerned, I might as well date no one than date like that.

That said, I do understand about not obsessing over someone. But that's not a great place to be in any circumstance. People take relationships too seriously anyway though, and then do dishonest, sneaky stuff like this to make the other person jealous because they're insecure.

If you're having fun with someone and love hanging out with them. You don't need to obsess, nor create drama by going out with other people, you can just stay in the middle like a reasonable person. Lol!

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 8

• the problem is that the girl i am attracted to, isn't attracted to me and the girl i am not attracted , is into me. i hope that #3 will help me on this.

• I thought this was about why dating multiple people or even cheating is ok.

• I need to work on number 3, but I think I'm all good for the first two. :)

• So we can only put 3 eggs in 3 baskets?

• I prefer to eat the eggs before they go brown.

• You can buy white eggs or brown eggs in the food store.

• I'll put all my eggs in the carton they came in and place it in the refrigerator. Just saying that cause I don't like that saying. But yeah, I agree, leople tend to be blind to things.

• Agreed. I made the mistake of putting all my eggs in one basket with someone on the rebound, big mistake.

• "Don't commit until you know the person in all sorts of situations"

Unfortunately for men, marriage is a situation you cannot "try" without getting married, and somehow the sex drive of women tends to change significantly after a few years of marriage. And there's the rub for most married men.

What Girls Said 8

• I put all of my eggs in one basket lol. It's totally against how I normally operate, but my partner told me that if you have an exit strategy, you WILL use it. If you want to commit, commit wholeheartedly. So... I'm not sure if keeping your options open is the best way to start a relationship.

• That's fine to not put all of your eggs in one basket for when you're just dating. You're just seeing where things go at that point, if you're compatible and all of that jazz. However, if I make it official, all my time and effort will be spent on that person. I see him as worth it and don't feel the need to look elsewhere by then.

• Don't commit to someone for 6 months? Jesus Christ. What is it with people in this day and age not committing to another person. People aren't candy bars. Show them some respect.

• why would i want someone who only ants me if he thinks i dont want him. no thanks. its important to see how a person can handle reality.

• i like mini baskets
    i'm a basket case

• Good title!

• So date while not dating at the same time? Zero sense

• Men are assholes, so I do do not waste my time anymore

• Opinion Owner (18-24)

Yes, you are right women are assholes also. Women are no better than men or men no better than women.

• Six months is a long enough time to know someone and I don't think even a "great first impression" would last that long.
    Most people are not fooled, they just like to pretend they are.