Dating in Atlanta

Dating in Atlanta

Atlanta, Georgia isn't known for being as diverse as cities like Chicago or Washington, D.C. and that's because in a way it's not. Its' over SIXTY percent black where as D.C. which is known a chocolate city is under 50 percent black. And when you're here, it will seem like the statistic should be even higher. I met a local at a bar who said that he's regularly told that he shouldn't be at a certain place because he's not black. He's probably exaggerating, but the fact that he could even form the thought is an oddity in itself. Here is a brief filed guide into dating in Atlanta...

It's Better For Men

The ratio of women to men is really disproportionate. Furthermore, a lot of the men (including the "thugs" are homosexual. This means it's great to be a man on the dating scene in atlanta. Finally, we can taste test what we want instead of having to commit to one meal.

Great If You Like Black Girls

I'll just say it. It's hard to find an attractive black girl in most cities. This is not because there aren't attractive black girls, it's because black people as a whole are such a minority in most parts of the US. In Atlanta though, the fact that black women dominate the demographics means that you have a ton of pretty black girls the sheer quantity of which you never imagined cohabitating in one place. You literally can go to a mall and hit on a different girl ever one to five minutes and go for hours if you were so inclined.

Pays To Know Music

A lot of people here are involved in the music scene. Yes, hip hop reigns far supreme but country is also strong (though not like in nashville.) Like how working in the movie industry while living in LA has a lot cache because so many people there value movies, having a job in the music industry or just being an aficionado gives you lots to talk about with most people. There's also a small but dedicated rocker scene.

Non Creepy Strip Clubs

Strip clubs are such a part of the culture here. Yes, it's women dancing almost naked, but both men and women of atlanta come to enjoy. And yes, most of the ones in the city proper are filled with black strippers but there's diversity to be had if you're willing to look. If you feel like strip clubs speak to you, but feel you get judged by everyone around you, Atlanta understands.

811
pavlove is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girl

• Such a pretty girl

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Southern Women.
    Although they are still American, Southern girls are on average more feminine and appreciate traditional gender roles more so than their west coast and northeastern counterparts. Their upbringing is more conducive in preparing them for a traditional relationship where the man is expected to be a masculine protector and the woman is to possess more nurturing and feminine traits.
    Girls raised in the South are usually going to lean more politically conservative as a result of the culture they grew up in. This is not a guarantee that they aren’t riding the carousel and getting off to the Instagram attention chodestream (many are). But it does mean you won’t hear any annoying opinions about the latest feminist pet cause or any nagging to attend a dinner party with her five homosexual friends.
    Atlanta is like the NYC of the south. It’s a central hotspot for the post-college SEC (Southeastern Conference) crowd. And every summer, after annoyingly chanting their last sorority cheer and banging their final frat bro, thousands of sorostitutes from across the southeast graduate with their $60,000 piece of paper and descend upon the city of Atlanta. Here they begin a new life and engage in a form of post-grad promiscuity never before seen until recent years. These girls are in a strange and new place and are no longer subject to the confines of keeping up a reputation that southern conservative Greek life obliged them to.
    In their college towns, it was permissible to fuck around with a select few socially approved frat guys. But in Atlanta, they’re ready to get down with any guy who has a dating profile and good text game. Now that the scrutiny of their peers is a no longer a factor, and their social circle has taken a huge hit, these hotties hit the dating apps HARD in the ATL. Girls from the SEC schools are known for being some of the hottest in the country, and now they’ve never been easier to lay. Get down to Atlanta and get a piece of the action.
    Now if you’re looking for a girl who’s a little more relationship material, I would advise you to just avoid big cities in general. However, there are a few diamonds in the rough that can be found in this southern whorehouse of a city. The way to snuff them out is to determine if they’ve completely abstained from the dating app sex buffet going on here and instead prefer long term relationships stemming from their social circle. They are a rare find but they’re out there.

• 2. Music.
      The rap game is strong in Atlanta. It could be argued that it’s been the hip hop capital of the world for much of the last two decades. This is important because most rap music encourages men to be masculine and women to be feminine. It also has an interesting way of encouraging some women to be sluts while at the same time slut-shaming them. Then also occasionally praising the girls who are relationship worthy.
      Effectively, these heavy rap influences lead to more people that value a masculine gender role for the man to carry out, a feminine role for the socially adept women, and certain number of sluts for alpha men to indulge in. The influence of rap music has rubbed off on all races in Atlanta and is liked by almost everyone.
      On the flipside, you also have a huge country music culture which has strongly impacted nearly every attractive white girl in Atlanta. Country music, for the most part, encourages the same traditional gender roles that make southern women desirable.

• 5. Strip clubs
      One last noteworthy item is that ATL is known for is its strip clubs. As you may know, Atlanta is home to the world’s busiest airport. High business travel and hip hop culture have teamed up to create a city with more gentleman’s club offerings than you’ll know what to do with. I’m not huge on strip clubs (a lot of money blown just for blue balls) but I do enjoy the occasional bros night out and a strip club is always a classic staple of that. With strip clubs being a part of the culture here, cute normal girls are also known to pop in on occasion, giving you some options to game, although they are a minority.
      Here are a few gems:
      Pink Pony North – Located where Brookhaven and Buckhead come together. Hotly debated as the best strip club in Atlanta. (Not to be confused with its ugly cousin Pink Pony South near the airport.)
      The Cheetah – Very classy spot. Located in midtown. Lots of college students dropping in due to GA Tech and GA State being nearby.

• ... Everybody seems to recommend going to other shittier strip clubs first so you can fully comprehend the contrast.
      Magic City – Located downtown. I’ve personally never been but I’ve heard it in so many songs that I had to give it mention. Mostly black girls here and you might just see your favorite rapper’s favorite rapper.
      The Verdict
      All things considered, Atlanta has broken in to the list of best American cities for men. There are a few downsides, of course, such as not having a beach (Atlantic Ocean and Gulf Coast both 4.5 hours away) but the quality of the women, the upscale but affordable lifestyle, and the anti-PC culture the south is known for have all come together to make this city a top-tier destination. It is absolutely one of the best places for living up your bachelorhood as well as settle down with a family in the surrounding towns if you can find that unicorn. Good luck.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 7

• The girl in the pic is so beautiful, are these cute black girls common in Atlanta?

• You are so damn thirsty, haha. "We can taste what we want instead of having to commit to one meal" Not saying that's bad, but I just don't get if you want a relationship or not? So many conflicting hints.
    I live close-ish to Atlanta, so many beautiful black women, like models or a women off an instagram page.

• I'm just glad to see some dirty south love. And mention that you should take your date to The Vortex in little 5 with all the homosexuals and do some shopping. 😜

• wow she is so beautiful

• Lesbian secks

• @yourmom89 yeah, and saying that doesn't make me lesbian lol

• exactly. I've seen this dude attack other people too. he attacked another girl on here because she supports the LGBT group

• One of the more interesting myTakes. Go Hotlanta.

• why are many of the men gay there?

• Interesting take. Figured it was a primarily "black area" and hip hop was big there but had no idea about the other tid bits.
    If Im ever there Im sure I'll head to a strip club or two. 😉

What Guys Said 10

• Oh my god, what a myTake! Atlanta is like the greatest city in the US if you're single. Like earlier in my career when I was young and probably made a little too much money for my own good, I would do weekend trips to Atlanta. Most of my co-workers would opt for Las Vegas on the weekends and thought it was weird that I would choose Atlanta. In fact, they were so confused that they thought that I was going to Atlantic City or Atlantis in the Bahamas.

But yeah, if you're from the west coast, forget those San Francisco or Los Angeles women and go off to Atlanta for a weekend. Those might be the greatest women on the planet!

• wow that sounds awesome.. makes me wish I could move to Atlanta.

• I guess Atlanta is the wrong dating place for me. Except for being a guy none of those things appeal to me.

• I this my take, also who is that gorgeous woman in the picture?

• I've always wanted to visit Atlanta. Plus Atlanta has a great metal scene and great restaurants from what I hear.

• Holy moly who is that hottie... wowsers

• I wish I lived in Atlanta

• I like her feet and boobs 😊

• i'm straight but hooked up with the hottest shemale in Atlanta!

• The girl in the picture looks pretty. :)