3 Women Who Are Massively Valuable To The Self Esteem of Black American Females

Teyana Taylor

I've dated my fair share of black women and one of the struggles I've sometimes had is that the world compares them negatively against their European counterparts that there is a missing connection in healthy self esteem. Because women are judged so much more by their physical beauty, this seems to really make it difficult for some black women to feel extremely beautiful and not just "beautiful for a black girl." There can be no compromises or caveats with true self esteem--either you think no one is a threat or on some level you fear others around you have a one-up. Sure, one can give up on being hot all together and be fine on simply thinking there beautiful even if no one else does but the key to being extremely sexy to others is not actually being extremely sexy but naturally assuming you are and that everyone can see it.

Teyana Taylor helps this by leading women, on some level all women, towards attaining a body which is very attainable for a black women and redefining female fitness by it.

Tinashe

Tinashe has no musical talent and a really terrible personality. But I like Tinashe. Not because I'm attracted to her, but because I recognize she's a spoiled brat and actually see it as a good thing. She breaks the myth of the hard-cold black women who's singularly ambitious as well as rather emasculating in her pursuit for respect in the female community. Tinashe is none of these things. She's spoiled. She uses sex to sell herself and then complains that she's not taken seriously. I know a lot of real life girls like Tinashe and they're very entertaining to listen to talk and complain. Yes, some black girls are just as bratty air headed and entitled as your favorite blond girls.

Beyonce

Impossible not to mention even though it's too obvious. Yet, what's most interesting to me about Beyonce is that she's always been so well loved by the mainstream even though none of her values and views are mainstream. She's always discussed heavy feminist concepts that border on militant and no one seems to care. She's appealing to a vast majority of white women even though her latest album discusses heavy racial concepts that if any other black person said them would create fury and boycott.

Beyonce created a mysterious version of black female sexuality. A made up light complexioned women who invites you to worship her and her beauty from afar while she smiles cutely from a distance. Again, it creates a more complex portrait of a black woman than the uncomfortably pissed version mostly associated with the demographic. NOTE: I'm equally if not more attracted to dark complexioned black women as light complexioned so i didn't mean to offend by favoring light complexioned black women in this Take.

1113
pavlove is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I've totally lost respect for Beyonce due to her negative attitudes towards whites. Her kind of narrative isn't healing rasicm, it's creating a deeper divide. Someone with her position and voice could really do a lot in the way of peace amd unification but ultimately she's chosen a different path. You can build up black women (which is a great thing) without tearing down white people.

• what did she do?

• what did she say : O? which song

• I need to know this too because people were bitching about Formation and it wasn't anti-police. That was a black empowerment song and was not bashing the police in anyway.

Most Helpful Guy

• Blame Teyana... She is so hot she makes everyone look bad!

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 10

• Just because someone is proud of their unique features and defend them against haters doesn't make them racist against white people...

• i said she discusses racial themes when did i say anyone was racist?

• I'm not talking about you, it's a response to these girls in the comments who seem to be insinuating that

• true, i agree with you

• Good take. I don't know that Tinashe girl, but based on your description of her, I don't think she should be considered a role model. I mean yes, she's hot, but if her attitude and personality is what you say it is, I don't see how she'd be someone to look up to. I'd include Michelle Obama instead. She's attractive, successful and respected.

• The fact that Teyana had abs a week after birth and then did that video a bit after... lord *cries into pillow*

• You're aggravating racism with this continuous emphasising of racial stuff

• You just jealous of the donk lol

• Just about anything has to be about skincolor.

Its getting worse and worse on gag

(Donk? What?)

• Not really. 😑

• lol of course a fatass like you would say that

• Oh I meant sexually attractive black females

• So the women I said aren't sexually attractive?

• Beautiful women

• tinashe is pretty

• Was this written for you personally or for black women who actually have self-esteem issues, because this would not be the list I would hold up and point to and say this is going to inspire black women of all shades, of all genres, of all anything.

We should be inspiring young black women to see themselves as not just objects for men's pleasure or to be honored for their sexuality or their beauty. Beyonce is a start, despite the stereotypes she still projects, but so much of the issue with black women is that only a certain type of woman is portrayed as beautiful which you've shown in these images. She is more European looking, light skin, light eyes, a thinner body. This is not all inclusive and still perpetuates the stereotypes that black women can only be one thing to be acknowledged.

Why not someone like a Michelle Obama or an Oprah Winfrey who have used their voice and their brains to advocate for pride and strength and education for all women. The vain world is always going to be vain, but we need to encourage all women that they are more than just an outer skin that needs to roll around on the floor half naked in order to be seen and heard.

• The first ones.. I never heard of. But Beyonce... no. She is to racists.

• good take

What Guys Said 12

• Are they really massively valuable to their self-esteem? I mean Maybe Beyonce, but Ion know about the other 2.. This is the first time I'm hearing about Teyana, and I didn't know Tinashe had that much impact, or that she was that bratty.. LOL.. But, I wouldn't put any of these as my daughters role model.. Even Beyonce..

• s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...4fb5db930c.jpg
    Is that a doll or her real face?

• Coming from a white guy I think many black women are beautiful. Black women do seem to rank lowest in popularity when it comes to looks which i never understood.

• And all three just use their body to get through life. Yeah... great value right there!

• So you're saying media hungry individuals are good for the blacks? Media is horrible for everyone. They only show what they want. These women feed off of image, so I'm not sure where you're getting this "good for..." thing. They look good and they sometimes try and say the "image quality" correct things, but either than that, I don't believe they are the ones people should look up to. It's the ones out of the lime light and that are still providing quality of life for the people around them, who should be the ones to admire and follow.

• Was unaware black women had low esteem. Can you do a take about men that raise white guys self esteem.

• There all so damn sexy... alll kiiiiinnnndddssss

• I thought that Oreo Barbie was important.

• Bey is the only one I've heard of...

• is she choking that pink person?

• First two are gorgeous, but beyonce does nothing for me.

She's also quite the racist.

• Oh my god, Teyana is so freaking hot it actually hurts! lol! Though I'm not so sure about how valuable she is to the self esteem of black women. I mean--she basically just proves the point that if you have a SMOKING hot body, well--that's pretty awesome!

• Did you read?

• LOL! Sorry--too busy staring at that bod! But I've read it now and still don't think I agree. Teyana's body--while ball-tighteningly amazing--is the result of a combination of dedicated work AND great genetics. I'm pretty sure the vast, vast majority of women--black, white or whatever--couldn't look anywhere near as hot even if they all they did was train, sleep and eat right. Having said that, I think I agree with you that everyone should at least try. But yeah--Teyana's body is something special!