Why Refusing to Date Bisexuals is Either an Insecurity Issue or Bi-phobic

It's insecurity issues if they think bisexual people will cheat on them, or if they feel they have to compete with more people, or they feel they won't satisfy their partner.

Bisexuals aren't programmed to cheat, the ones that cheated would've cheated even if they were straight. I'm bisexual and once I like someone to the point I want to commit to them, I don't want anyone else even if I wanted them before.

If a couple bisexuals cheated on someone it doesn't mean all or even most are like that. That's like saying "I dated a (insert race ) person before and they cheated on me, so I'm not dating anyone in that race anymore, they cheat." You could apply that to any race.

If thinking you have to compete with more people is stopping you then it's also insecurity issues. Just because they added another demographic they find attractive doesn't mean you don't have a chance of securing it. If you're worried about that, you have bigger problems to worry about.

Its like if you found more than one race attractive and someone said they wouldn't date you because "I'll have to compete with all the other people in those other races. I feel like it's too much competition for me to win. Even if I get you you're so much more likely to cheat because you find other races attractive besides mine." That's insecurity.

If you feel you won't satisfy them because your only a guy or a girl while they like both. It's like saying " my SO found a perfect model attractive, if he likes all those perfect features then I can't satisfy him. I'll break up with them because of it."

Or if you found out your SO likes some random trait like people who play music or sing, which you didn't have and broke up with them because you didn't feel you could satisfy them. Even though they love you and it's easy to give it up for everything they find attractive about you.

It's homophobia if they think the two people of the same sex finding each other attractive or hooking up is so disgusting to them they'll break up with someone for it. At the very least it's a bias against homosexual behavior.

It's as if someone said they are disgusted at the thought of someone hooking up with or finding a person of your race attractive. They said it's to the point they would break up with someone they fell in love with if he or she told them they found people in your race attractive. They said they would end the relationship out of disgust, then claim they have no bad feelings towards your race at all.

Would you think that person has no negative beliefs or biases towards your race?

The same thing applies to homosexuals who are disgusted by bisexuals finding the opposite sex attractive, then refuse to date them because of it. You have a bias against heterosexual behavior.

Either way once you're together it doesn't affect you. They aren't doing it when you're together. It's not immoral. So why should it matter?

All this issues put together is biphobia. Individually these issues all have separate names, insecurity, homophobia, implicit biases, even heterophobia, all with different levels of the issue. The fear and disgust of the hetero or homosexuality in this case is mostly a bias rather than the "I hate all gays" kind of phobia.

All these these put together are directly targeted at the bisexual. This is why it's considered biphobia. It's a bias or prejudice against bisexuals in terms of dating, or just flat out insecurity issues.

2936

Most Helpful Girl

• So it can't just be that you're heterosexual and want to date another heterosexual?

Being uncomfortable with gay sex or the prospect of it is not homophobic. Exercising hate, prejudice, and fear based on sexuality is homophobic - not being turned off by two people of the same gender having sex. That's ridiculous.

I wouldn't date a bisexual because the thought of my man having sex with another man is a turn off to me. I support everyone's rights to do what they want, I don't care how much bi or gay sex you have but I don't have to be at the side lines cheering you on while you plow another man to prove I'm not homophobic. I feel awkward even seeing straight couples makeout. Lol.

I think this is silly. It's not homophobic nor an insecurity for a heterosexual to wanna date another heterosexual or a homosexual to want to date another homosexual - being bi doesn't entitle you to be wanted by everyone without them being persecuted or labeled negatively.

• >but I don't have to be at the side lines cheering you on while you plow another man

https://i.imgur.com/PvcYlsp.jpg

That's pretty funny

• I agree it's not homophobic unless you treat pepole different as a result though to me it seem strange it would make someone uncomfortable when it's the other gender that's having same sex sex?
      If it's your own gender 2 other guys or girls I can understand being uncomfortable with it but personally when it's lesbians or bi women it can be pretty hot.

• I love seeing people make out, especially if they's any good.

Most Helpful Guy

• That's a ridiculous claim. It's not an insecurity if someone wants someone that is not bisexual. We want a partner that shares our same values. If someone was religious then dating a bisexual would go against their values. That doesn't mean they are insecure. It just means they are seeking someone with similar values. This is coming from a guy who is dating a bisexual.

Bisexuality is seen as a huge turn off to a lot of women when it's in the guy situation. Most girls would get turned off at the thought of their boyfriend taking a dick up the ass. That's common sense. That doesn't make them insecure.

You can be bisexual all you want. Throwing your lifestyle down someone's throat by saying they are insecure of they don't want date you is just down right delusional.

• The religius reasons and the belief that guys having gay sex is gross is homophobia. If your religion says gay sex is wrong it's a homophobic belief. Society conditioned us to think guys having gay sex is a bad thing and unmasculine. That's why the people who are the most insecure about appearing gay are straight guys.

If a girl thinks its less masculine to for a guy to fuck another guy , the whole belief that it makes you less of a man is rooted in homophobic values of society. Same thing with disgust for guys making out while most guys like watching girls make out or have sex. Lesbians and bisexual women are highly sexualized in society. Bisexual and gay men were looked at as a bad or disgusting thing. Those reasons are all attritbuted to homophobia.

• @Anon1256 You care enough to keep spamming my notifications apparently. Just let it be. I'm done.

• 😱🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 28

• The entire phobic everything is an absolute joke. I just want to date someone with similar beliefs. There is nothing wrong with that. My body, my choice 😉

• What do beliefs have to do with not dating a bisexual?

• Going back to definitions again, an abomination is defined as: a thing that causes disgust or hatred. So it would depend on that religion, the rest of their beliefs, and their heart. If that were truly their religious beliefs then no, I can't say that it is "racist" as racism is defined as believing one race to be superior. They may not believe that they are superior, just that that is a sin and races should stay with their own race. So even while I find that ridiculous, I can't exactly call it racist.

Just as homosexuality is seen as an abomination, other things are as well such as a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, someone who sows discord among their brothers. And there are even more things, but none of these things mean that you hate that person but that you hate that sin. And I also believe that sin is sin, homosexuality isn't any greater of a sin than stealing or lying or lusting all of which I've done, but it also says to "go forth and sin not"...

• ... now obviously we are all going to struggle with that, but it is my belief that while we struggle we do our best to be Christ like and to "go forward and sin not". It also speaks of being unequally yoked which I would be doing if I were to marry someone who was bisexual. It would be me choosing to walk hand in hand with someone as they continuously sinned the same sin which is not me "going forward and sinning not", that is not me being "a seperated people", that is not me being equally yoked. So that is why in my opinion, it is just a different belief them them. It isn't hate or fear. I have just as much love for them but I also have to follow my own convictions and beliefs. All of that being said, if you have seen me on here at all and some of my comments, I probably sound like a hypocrite. I admittedly have a lot of work, I am sometimes lukewarm which is worse than even being non believer. But it's baby steps, and honouring my now convictions and beliefs.

• Like it should matter to you who people want to date and for what reasons.

Why don't you try to be more tolerant towards other people's way of doing things.

• I'm not forcing you to date bisexuals. I'm telling you the root reasons you're not.

• "Don't tell me what to do. I do what I want." Right after you told me I'm pushy. That's easily percieved as saying I'm pushing you to do something.

So what are common instances besides this take that people were so "pushy" towards you that you won't date bisexuals?

I'm asking because this is the only time I've heard of someone calling people out for it dating a bisexual.

I can understand rebelling against something that's being forced on you. If people were trying to force you to date a demographic you'd probably start hating it and go for the opposite. It's in human nature to rebel when getting restrained like that.

• *not dating a bisexual

• Call me what ever... I still won't date a bisexual. It isn't going to make a difference to me. I dont want to be with a guy who sucked another guy's dick.

• You don't have to. If not dating them for the examples in this take or similar, then I'm just stating the truth. This applies to religious reasons that say gay sex is bad and the fact that society labeled guys having gay sex as a bad thing or unmasculine. So if it's a masculinity thing it's rooted in homophobia.

If there's other reasons let me know. You are free to avoid guys who like dick as I am free to avoid girls who are like you.

• What makes 1 lie better than another?

• @Clock-Yom-Kipperloo Because this lie would disgust me. The thought of him sucking another guy's dick is a huge turn off to me.

• It may be biased but you can't force people to be comfortable with something they aren't. Plain and simple.

• I never said I'll force them or pressure them. You jumped to that conclusion.

• I'm merely spreading awareness that most of these reasons people give for not dating a bisexual is rooted in bias or insecurity. Only 1 or 2 people gave a legitimate reason for not dating them that didn't fall under the categories I mentioned.

• To put it simply, most people find this extremely repulsive

• I honestly dont really care what it is. Im not the slightest bit attracted to a guy thats willing to stick his equipment where another guy shits. If that makes me insecure or bi-phobic, then im totally cool with that.

• Personally I wouldn't date a bi person. I mean its bad enough that are the ghosts of vaginas past, which most have to deal with, I don't want to deal with the ghosts of penises past as well. I have absolutely nothing against bi people but that's just my preference.

• Ghost of vaginas past 😂

• Oh, wahn. Shit, I WANNA KNOW who all they been with, how good it was, how good it wasn't, what their parts were like - all of it!

• People who are so vehemently against it, I'm finding it interesting how none of you have brought a valid explanation to the table as you why you're against it that doesn't put you in either one of the categories OP has put forward.

• What someone does should not matter to those who are not impacted by it.

• @Ahsthen who are you and why are you commenting on such old posts?

• Who can tell? Topics get the days past rubbed off after a week.

• I don't think preference has to go as deep as stemming from insecurity or phobia. If I am athletic and prefer to date someone who is also athletic due to our commonality, it doesn't necessarily mean that I am insecure or that I am biased against people who never played sports. It's just something that is on the list that I look for in dating partners.

• If it's purely for commonality then it's personal preference.

• @Alexzktrafied

I don't understand what you mean.

• Well, there will always be people out there who are scared of anything that is different. Those aren't the kind of people who you want to surround yourself with anyhow. I have dated two bisexual men and also one who was a crossdresser. My biggest complaint is that none of them were honest about it from the beginning. It's not cool to date someone for a year and then drop something like that on them. Just be honest about who you are from the beginning. I would have dated them anyway. But the deception? Not cool

• Why i don't care.. call me bi-phobic, I'm still not doing it lolz

• And i don't want a dude who likes dick, sorry just no.

• @Anon1256
      She may do it in secret. Not all people are open with you about everything.

• @Clock-Yom-Kipperloo Thank God, I'm not with her. If I found out, she'd be out the door.

• Ah! A new pc word; bi-phobic. Yes, because refusing to date someone who isn't hetero is SUCH discrimination and has everything to do with insecurities. You know what, I'm going to tell you from experience. Most people who claim to be bi-sexual are confused. They're very confuses. These are the same people who claim to be attracted to both males and females yet only date the opposite sex. Having a crush on the same sex doesn't mean you're bi sexual. Everyone has been there and done that.

• So this is supposed to make me date bi? I don't date bi because I'm against homesexuality and I'm the jealous type so if I have to worry about both guy and women it wouldn't work.

• you are against homosexuality? it not being a preference is one thing but that crap belongs in the 1st century

• @guysaskgirls555 homosexuals are like banned books… they burn in a fire in the end

• The point here is she is aware of herself and open about.

• Good take. And I'm sorry for the immature people in the comments.
    I wouldn't mind dating a bi guy, I don't see how him also finding men attractive would somehow ruin his attraction for me. Or how it would affect our dynamic as a whole. Maybe we could compare notes lol.
    People are so uptight when it comes to sexuality. Ok if you don't want to date a bi person, but at least don't try to justify it by rude and completely false accusations, such as them "really being gay" or "cheating more".
    Seems like it hit too close to home with some of the people who have responded aggressively here.

• Did you just delete my comment?

• @lumos
      While there are no major studies that I could find on the subject. The few articles I found pointed to more promiscuity among bisexuals.
      STD Tests aren't reliable unless the subject refrains from sex 2 to 3 months before the test. An HIV test can yield a false negative up to 3 months after infection.
      Just looking for intellectual honesty here.

• @I-am-a-nobody but were those articles scientific or anecdotal? Not to mention that they could just be based off of the stigma, not actual facts.
      What's your point? My point is that testing should be taken seriously, no matter how long it takes to get it sorted out. Many STDs/STIs can also be carried by het people. And het people should be just as cautious when having sex with a new partner. Doctors suggest you should get tested every time you get a new partner, regardless of your sexual orientation. So your argument there doesn't hold much water. If you care enough about your health you will wait those few months that it takes to get accurate test results, and you will keep yourself updated.

• Speaking for myself, I can agree that part of my apprehension is insecurity. A man has something I can never bring to the table. How can I compete with that? That's like an invisible enemy. Also, it adds to the number of people he can find attractive or maybe interesting enough to leave me for. I don't mean to be so negative, it's not like bi people are less trust worthy. As a straight woman though, I would feel less secure of my hold on my man, if other men could also catch his eye.

• As Bi person I just find sad that so many people focus on being judgmental rather than focus on making good and being happy. I'm Bi. I dated girls. How does that fact alone define me as a person? No. I'm not attracted to just any person. I'm not just my sexuality. I still try to make good, I still try to help others. I try not to judge anyone, and I'm very open to hearing what people need to express. Don't be hateful. I don't have a religion, I don't believe in God. But fuck... I don't think any form of God would be proud of your existence if you reject and hate your brothers and sisters. Happiness and spirituality (religious or not) come when you love and accept every creature and allow yourself to be you.

• I don't want a girl who likes to lick another girl's vagina or even kiss another girl, it's just my preference.

• @Anon1256 It doesn't look like anything because thank god I'm not near your petty existence. Mature answer for mature people. Educate yourself and take care mate

• Thank god, I'm not near you either. I care less about what you think anyways.

• It's a preference. Not everything is a bias. To me, it's a turnoff knowing my partner may be interested in the same sex. I find that gross. I don't hate or dislike anyone from the LGBTQ community but when it comes to dating they aren't welcome to date me. Date and marry whoever else you want but I won't be one of them.

Sorry that you've significantly shrunken your dating pool but that's on you. Not everyone is okay with conforming their own dating standards to include you. Sorry, get over it, move on.

• I actually don't know whether I would date someone who is bi because i've never been put in that situation, but i do get a little put off by the idea of a guy I'm with having slept with a man. I know that might sound a bit offensive to some people, but sexuality is such a personal thing. If it doesn't turn you on, it just doesn't. I have friends who are bi and when I'm with them it isn't a focal point, they're just normal people with a preference. I do have to say that the post comes across a bit aggressive. I am not scared, or made uncomfortable by bisexual people, neither would i be insecure about them cheating in a relationship, loyalty is loyalty no matter who you are. I guess I'd have to be put in that situation to know really.

• The issue with being offputted by gay sex so much you would reject a partner you liked because of it means you have something against the behavior. I'm not saying you hate all gays and bisexuals. It's at least an implicit bias against homosexual behavior. Meaning even though you don't conciously think lower of bi people, you have a subconscious bias against some of their behaviors.

Ex:
      Say which one's you think are racist:

1) Someone don't date your race's people because you don't find their facial features attractive, they would also date someone who finds your race's people attractive.

2) They don't date your race's people because you openly think they're inferior to them. They have a strong disgust for them as a race.

3) Someone doesn't date your race's people and they find it repulsive that someone could find anyone in your race attractive. If someone they fell in love with & dated for years said they found your race attractive, they would break up with them out of disgust.

• I don't think the first one is racist because your preferences are a biological advantage for survival. It's like an analysis that your brain does within seconds on someone's features to see if they bring anything new and advantageous to the table. In reference to the bisexual thing, right now I guess it's just because I'm not putting the subject onto a person. If I had feelings for someone and it was mutual I guess I probably wouldn't see it as an issue. But not being in that situation and seeing it from here as purely physical, I suppose it is quite shallow.

• "I guess it's just because I'm not putting the subject onto a person. If I had feelings for someone and it was mutual I guess I probably wouldn't see it as an issue. But not being in that situation and seeing it from here as purely physical, I suppose it is quite shallow."

Can you rephrase that? I'm having a hard time understanding it.

• I couldn't do it. I feel like it makes him less masculine and not sure about his sexuality. I dont know why but its a major turn off for me. I want a man who ONLY likes women and is very manly.. Being Bi must be just curiosity, there must be one sex they like more. Its very confusing.

• No, it just means they don't want to date them. You can't tell others what to do.

• When did this take imply you have to date bisexuals?

• Eh, my bad. I kind of invaded your post, sorry about that. It was just a particular thing I saw him write here that I wanted to address to him, I didn't read his whole take.

• I think I mostly agree with that- I'd feel uncomfortable dating a bisexual person and I'm well aware that it's because of my insecurities. However, I don't know if this is true for 100% of cases. I think it's possible for someone to simply feel the most comfortable dating someone with the same sexual orientation as them.

• Bisexuals are more common than most people think and there are a lot of misconceptions about them like they are prone to cheat or go around looking for group sex and other weird swinger stuff. The ones I know are monogamous minded and just happen to have the capacity to live either male or female. Personally, I think they are better off pairing with each other since most people don't understand them or object to them.

• I think it's wrong if you to think that it's wrong for people to not want to date someone who is bisexual. I prefer men who like women and only women. As I'm sure many gay people would prefer someone who is strictly gay. There's nothing wrong with having a preference. For me it's not something I'm insecure about but if you look at statistics and facts men who have sex with other men are more likely to have STD's and HIV is more common among them.

• I might date a bisexual under the condition if he is not skeptical, has the basic criteria of what I look for in a man, and lastly, he doesn't fit the stereotype of 'bisexuals are more likely to cheat'.

• That's nonsense.

• Prove it, Break down each of my points and logically explain what's wrong with each of them, including the analogies.

• First, your premise is that people who aren't attracted to Bisexuals are Bi-phobic. That is garbage. I am attracted to a man who is into women, specifically ME. I have a lot of friends across the LGBT spectrum, and I am not attracted to them, as they aren't attracted to me, a straight girl. Come up with something more compelling and not quite so insulting.

• That you're straight doesn't mean they aren't attracted to you. They may not express about it.

• it's about the prevalence of HIV amongst men who fuck men and the nature of the anal tissue and how the disease spreads. spend 100 hours reading medical journals on the topic and report back to me.

• Yeah, isn't it weird that homo dudes are still the market leaders in the anal-inflicted-death-sentence? ((Bonus points for folks knowing where that comes from - though a hint is in my avatar...)) Is it just that they're always hot in the balls and gotta be poking somebody?

• Excellent post-- great job on this!

• Unless you consider that most people find this repulsive so therefore would not want to date someone like this. Would you date someone who loves to eat dog brains? Why?

• @kickme hey crazy fun fact if u look up "false equivalence" in the back of my logic textbook there's a picture of what u just wrote... ur famous! incredible!

• i just want straight one

• I will never date a bisexual man. That is a turn of for me.

• I'm still not dating a bisexual 😛

• lol... same XD

• Don't be a defensive listener and assume I'm trying to shame people into dating bisexuals. Literally only 1 person who disagreed with me did so in a secure manner.

• 😂😂😂😂

What Guys Said 35

• Na they are just not my type. All these equal opportunity sexualities can't seem to realize that people can be neutral and just not care. Poeple like you just keep pushing and shoving us so much neutal poeple turn against you.

Just cause I don't like spiders does not mean that I'll always try to crush every spider I see. Stop calling every one phobic of you. It might make you feel powerful but it really turns people away from your cause.

• The spider analogy isn't correct. What happens when a bisexual gets rejected because their bi even though the other person has gay or bi friends is like saying you don't like spiders and you wouldn't even associate with someone who liked them because of it, but claim you don't have a emotional fear of spiders because you don't smash them. Your claim is you just don't like looking at them.

That's more than just feeling uncomfortable looking at a spider, you would even reject relationships you wanted because purely because the other person liked spiders. You have a lot more against spiders then that queezy feeling most get around it.

• Well your right the spider analogy is wrong a bit. Cause it does not take into account a person wanting to eat that spider or keep it as a pet. Not to mention the friend who is allergic to spider bites and the girls screaming at the spider on the wall.

• In my analogy, the person who likes spiders doesn't talk about them or keep them when their dating you. They don't do anything rash involving spiders. It's just they like spiders, or they used to own one before they met you. Spiders would never come up once you start dating. If they saw a spider they would move it out of the room because you were afraid of them.

• Why is it necessary to label everybody? What am I if i don't date anybody under 5'6". How about dating only women with a good tan? maybe only blond hair? Don't bother writing back, I won't take the time to read it. I don't date Bi's because I don't want to. It's just that simple.

• Preaching tolerance while wanting to shame people with a preference into dating certain people.

• There's a difference between personal preference and not dating someone because you have something against their demographic as a whole.

• You asked me "Logically explain why 3 doesn't have anything against your race."

You never asked me to explain why #3 is a preference. So stop twisting my words.

• When said preference, I mean personal preference, as in nothing bigoted like racist or negative biases towards that race.

Think personal preference like not dating tall, or short, or blondes, or muscular, or skinny, or brunettes. Logically explain that.

• Well in my personal experience, bi-sexual women are much more likely to have mental health issues like depression or anxiety and tend to be quite promiscuous. obviously not every bi-woman is like that, however, the ones I've known (yes, known) were like.

So, you can try to call it a phobia or whatever, but in reality it's just simple logic.

• Where do you get this tomfoolery from? If someone is bisexual then there are some things they seek sexually that you can't provide. So yes, they are more likely to cheat. The stuff you mention about race is not comparable. Liking either penises or vaginas, or both, is considerably more significant than what color they happen to be...

• Thinking you're not good enough to provide for them is insecurity, which I mentioned in the take.

• It's not insecurity to not want your sig other to be fucking other people while in a relationship.

• I totally agree with you. I don't know why so many people have a problem with dating a bisexual because bisexuals are not that different from heterosexuals and homosexuals. I don't get how being bisexual would affect the other important things in a relationship. Ignore all the opinions on this myTake. They are just a bunch of nobodies...

• So many new phobia are discovered these days! A few hours ago I heard about penisphobia from a lesbian.

And... Oh, yeah, bi girls. Dated two of those. Was there a problem?

• If they don't like biphobia they can just call it the name of the individual issue you have you a problem with. It could be insecurity issues or a bias against the type of sexual behavior, if that will make them feel better.

The reason why I call it bi-phobia is because all these reasons are usually only an issue when concerning bisexuals.

• Yeah.

Well, I still don't give a shit. If she's bi... well, good for her! How about exchanging tips on cunnilingus? I mean, I can't blame anyone for liking women... Can't blame anyone for liking men either, after all I'm one LOL

Funny thing is, the "tolerant" ones (ie, liberal retards) are usually the first to fling shit and get into flame wars with the bis and the trans and the feminists and others. Recently I watched a mud-fight of this kind on Tumblr. It was... quite epic.

• I would not date a bisexual person.
    I have nothing against them but its not for me.

• What offputs you about it?

• It's okay it's a bias or minor phobia against bisexual behavior. It's just not strong enough to hate them as people.

Scientists find bias against certain races from people who aren't directly racist and don't have a conscious racist thought. It changes how they judge and interact with people of that race compared to others. Most people have at least a moderate bias against African Americans in America over white people, even though they don't think racist thoughts. I even got tested and I have a bias for white people over African Americans and I'm black.

It's a subconscious bias that runs its course before you even make a conscious effort to evaluate the situation. So they way you analyze or judge someone is changed before you even make the judgement.

So people who like black people can actually have biases against them. Just like people who are nice to gays and bisexuals can have biases against them.

In this case the bias effects your opinion about them as relationship partner.

• Pretty deep answer :D
      Well maybe.. you asked and I answered :D

• I don't want to date a bi girl, period. If I'm relationship with a girl and she admitted she's bi, I'd dump her within a sec.

• Why would you dump her?

• I may be biphobic but the world isn't all sunshine and rainbows.

• Haha it's okay

• Lol Its hard enough that men have to compete with other men too and now you're asking us to compete with women too? Sorry bro, call me biphobic but only straight girls for me 😊👌

• That's insecurity which I mentioned in the take

• They can label it in whatever way makes them feel better, but I still wouldn't want to date a bisexual girl. And it's not like I would ever specifically tell a girl that I am rejecting her for being bisexual so I can't see how this would ever be an issue anyways.

• Oh and in regard to the bisexual cheat more/sleep around more argument.

As far as I am aware there are not any studies that have compared the rate of infidelity or promiscuity of heterosexuals to bisexuals. So I will admit that I can’t objectively prove that they do sleep around or cheat more. However, you also can’t objectively say that they don’t. It’s still up in the air at this point.

• Lmao I understand this. I don't think I've ever dated anyone Bi before, but if they were I wouldn't give a shit. You're fucking staying exclusive to me or fuck off. Same for anyone that ever dates me. So what if they like girls and guys at the same time. If I love them. I love them. I can't fuck with these fake love people

• Hardly immature. You assume people think with their head and not their heart, personally I've dated bisexual women and when it came to taking things to the next level it just didn't feel right.

• What made them different from straight girl? Was something about their character that was offputting or was it something to do with the fact that they were bisexual?

• I would never date a bisexual girl - that doesn't make me "biphobic". Just a personal preference.

My reasons are simple. While I have no problem with bisexuality and I find bisexual porn arousing, I have done enough dating to know that girls who identify as bisexuals to be a liability.

"Men nowadays are pigs, all men want is sex. I need emotional attachment in order to orgasm. I had sex with another girl - it was amazing! We truly felt a connection!" (6 months later she's back to the men smh).

I've experienced too many stories like this now... and in the long run I just don't have to time or care to deal with this

Just my 2c of course :)

• "Bisexuals aren't programmed to cheat, the ones that cheated would've cheated even if they were straight." This made me laugh.

• I'm not sure what you mean, it could be in a way you agree with me or you think I contracted myself.

I meant that as being bisexual doesn't mean they are automatically programmed to cheat, the ones that would cheat would've done it even if they were straight. The straight people who don't cheat wouldn't cheat as bisexuals either.

• Wouldn't biphobia be the irrational fear of two?

• It's all the issues bisexuals face put together. The uncomfortableness with someone liking both sexes would also fall under bi-phobia.

• Oh I thought that was a typo for irrational fear of people liking two sexes. Were you making a joke?

• I wasn't making a joke. This phobia thing is getting out of hand.
      Phobia means an irrational fear of something, and bi means two. Thus biphobia is the irrational fear of two.

• Preference does not equal phobia.
    I don't "fear" bisexuals, I just don't feel the need to be sexually attracted to them, just as I don't feel the need to be sexually attracted to dogs or cats or black people or trees.
    If I'm still viewed as "bi-phobic," however, I'll wear that badge with pride.
    Just as I wear the badge of "homophobe" or "racist" or "sexist" with pride, simply because I don't view queers or non-whites or women as intrinsically superior to their peers.

It can thus be established that refusing to date bisexuals *may* be an insecurity issue or *may* be a result of your proposed "bi-phobia," but 9 times out of 10, it's going to be due to the fact that particular bisexuals have done nothing to earn the favour of those who won't date them.

• So why aren't you attracted to bisexuals? Given that the bisexual was hot, had a great relationship material personality. That's what this take is about.

Of course if you don't find them physically attractive or they have a bad personality you won't be attracted to them.

• Apologies. I had figured you were attempting to impose that all people who aren't attracted to bisexuals are either insecure or just have a phobia.
      Of course I'll be attracted to someone interesting and inspiring and sexy, whether or not they're bisexual. Conversely, I'm also saying that I'm not going to be attracted to a person merely because they're bisexual; a boring person is still a boring person, whether they be heterosexual or bisexual.

• why does everything have to do with insecurity? why not just plain and simple dislike?
    seriously these shaming tactics are so old,,,,
    i dont want to date a bi girl because i dont like being with a girl that also likes women. i dont want that. plain and simple.

• There's still plenty of time for someone else to win the title of "Fuck-Dumbest Thing I Read on the Interwebz Today". So you may not have your crown very long.

• My thing issue with dating someone who is Bi is dating the "Bi". The party Bi, they use it as an excuse to be all over everyone at a party and say it isn't cheating when in reality the LGBT community isn't like that in anyway

• I would not date a bisexual woman.
    It just wouldn't work, not the type of woman Im interested in.

• As if all bisexual women are the same, or even similar in personality?

• @Alexzktrafied
      I dont care, not what I like

• @Alexzktrafied : well they are. They all need to laugh and have a good time with people, usually daily, else they feel bereft and unwanted. That's enough for me.

• Personal preference, if someone doesn't want to date a bisexual that's their choice, don't demonise them for it. I understand biphobia is way worse than homophobia as they are treated far worse than homosexuals. But if someone doesn't want to date a bisexual person so be it, they are not harming anyone whilst doing it.

• I think people tend to overthink on bisexuals because they get the idea that "threesome" or "cheating" comes easier to mind, while this is exactly not the case at all. Bisexuals want to be as faithful as hetero or homosexuals. It is just a stereotype that is completely false by just the fact they don't mind which sex they date. It is a shame, really, as I find bisexual women the hottest type of people on Earth, in my opinion. I know it sounds weird, but when I meet a girl, I sort of secretly hope she is bisexual, just because I find it a big turn on for some reason. I can't explain it, but oh well...

• Seems like the Opinion owner is disliking everyone else's opinions. Not going to say too much, other than it gets to the point where stubbornness plays a big role. The first step to fixing a problem, is to identify that there is a problem...

• of course they'll fear a bi person would cheat on them! it ain't like we can switch are gender by balling a fe magic words.

• Do you really think human sexuality is based on logic? Newsflash, no it is not.

We can't change what turns us off and what turns us off. Do I have to be homophobic or insecure if I don't like other guys? No it just means that I'm straight. Same way if a girl is turned off by guys who like dick that doesn't make her biphobic or insecure either. She is just extremely turned off by the idea of him being with another man. Same with guys who don't like bisexual girls.

I'm so annoyed at people trying to shame others for their sexual preferences. Sexual preferences CAN be affected by bigoted views or it just might be something that is a part of you no matter what you try.

• "We can't change what turns us off and what turns us off."

Well, there are a lot of folks where there HAS been a change.
      Are you going to shame them now?

• @I-am-a-nobody Well maybe you can choose what turns you on and what doesn't, but I can't and I believe that's true for most people. For example I simply couldn't be attracted to guys no matter how fucking hard I tried, and it's because I'm straight.

• @Maik567
      OK, I can relate to straightness and think it is attainable by anyone who truly wants it.
      The other way, not so much.
      Just because someone reports being attracted to the same sex, doesn't mean they can't change.
      Hearing the story of Rosaria Butterfield tells me that it IS possible to change/be changed.

• I just schemed through your text, and I think you're forgetting something: many men will see a woman being bisexual as hot, and might want a menage, but a lot of women would never, ever, date a bisexual man. I know this partially because I've seen the comments from female friends and colleagues, and partially because one of my oldest pals is bi. It seems that, at least with heterosexual women, girls tend to see bisexual men with perfectly masculine attitude as being effeminate. Maybe they think the guy is passive with other men and since that's the female position they see him as effeminate... I dont know if that's the reason, but bisexual men do have a hard time if being honest in dating.

• Lot's of what you say is true, but it is completely untrue to say that refusing to date Bi-sexuals is Bi-phobic.
    Refusing or resisting to date bisexuals can be based on a respectful understanding of what bi-sexuality is. It is not just based on the ability to be attracted to people of either gender, but also the ability to be attracted to both genders.
    The more than subtle difference there is that for someone dating with an eye on the long term may be a legitimate worry that they may, or may not be able to satisfy a partner who is into both genders, rather than either gender.

• I'd date my dog or my grandfather rather than someone with this severe and disgusting mental defect.

• Worst MyTake ever !

• Show more from Guys
    5