Attractiveness in the Dating Game

hi this is dogfish and he's going to tell you about the truth surrounding attractiveness. i seen so many misconceptions about attractiveness on gag and its about time to debunk them.

Rule number one about nines and tens

nines and tens are rare. nines and tens are people who considered conventionally attractive and look like models. nines and tens have the highest number of people attracted to them and of course ugly people have the lowest number of people attracted to them. there are people who are too insecure to date them and ask them out, but there is always going to be a high number of people who are confident enough to show interest in them. if you are not getting a lot of attention and you don't get a high number of people showing their attraction and interest towards you in some shapes or forms then you are definitely not a nine or a ten. i know the truth sucks.

Attractiveness in the Dating Game

We are all ugly to somebody

there are seven billion people on this planet. its not possible for everyone of us to think that one person is not ugly. there will be at least one person who thinks that person is ugly. not everyone is going to be automatically attracted to the nine or ten cause they might not find their brown eyes and brown hair attractive. for some people, green eyes and blonde may be a big turn off even if the person is nine or ten according to conventional standards.

Big gaps in attractiveness between couples are rare

you rarely get to see zeros to threes dating sevens to tens. you might think you are seeing that but its most likely cause you're overrating the attractiveness of one partner and underrating the attractiveness of the other. you have most likely saw a nine guy/girl dating a seven girl/guy. its more common to see people date someone within their own attractiveness rating which is somewhere around two points below or above them. people especially, girls, might say that looks dont matter or they matter less but if you look at the actual results they give a different message.

Attractiveness in the Dating Game

It doesn't hurt to try, give them a chance <3

if you see someone you are attracted to then dont be afraid to approach them at least. again nines and tens are rare and, for the most cases, they can't just limit themselves to nines and tens unless they are famous or rich. if you are a seven or a six then you might have a chance. if you are too insecure and unconfident cause you're afraid you're not good enough or will cheat on you then better luck in your next life :)

710

Most Helpful Girl

• The thing that I don't get is when people who aren't the best looking tries to get on someone else's case for not being attractive. I think people should date whoever they want, but if you're not good looking, don't expect your partner to be either.

Most Helpful Guy

• Am I the only one who thinks extremely attractive people are NOT intimidating?

Btw: I don't use the 1-10 scale becaus it's unscientific as fuck.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 6

• I think sometimes a 9 or 10 may remain unapproached or single because of people getting intimidated by the.

• Or, end up with losers

• I know a few 9's and 10's both male and female, that have ended up with a partner that most considers below their league. How did the so called below their league partner win them, it was simply that their partners were not intimidated by their looks and took a change and asked them out or accepted a date.

What I have noticed, is how so called mismatched are looked at. Men will accept a unattractive guy with a hot girl, and be damn wish that was me. Women on the other hand, tend to lose their minds when they see a good looking guy with a plain looking girl.

• @Hal2002 I'm not talking about leagues-I'm talking about how girls tend to get mixed up with drug addicts, abusers, cheaters... scum.

• I think 7's and 8's get the most attention. People are intimidated by 9's and 10's

• Agree-be honest with yourself, take chances.

• I'm intimidated by super good looking guys. xD

• yes we won't lose anything by trying

• What if the only type of attention I get is:
    *me walks past a group of people* *group starts talking about me being pretty* ? 😂

What Guys Said 9

• I wish people would be more open minded instead of judging every single person by their looks but sadly here in the U. S everything revolves around them people here don't change it's why I've been out of this dating game for about 6 years

• Thank you! Finally! A male on this site with a damn brain!

• @LolaB28 you understand this too huh I never thought I see a person who actually with this thank god I'm not the only who thinks like this

• Yeah, people don't seem to understand that looks CHANGE and the person's personality does not. Dating or rejecting someone just on looks alone doesn't go a long way but what do I know?

• Girls that are are 9s and 10s don't get approached as much as we think! I have known some girls that can be considered 9s and 10s. They get looked at, gawked at, but majority get approached by douchy assholes.

• Interesting take. I honestly threw out the whole "numbers rating" a long time ago.

• Man, I'm like Goku.
    My base power level is low, but when I use my super saiyan swagger, I get ALL the ladies.
    Messed with an 11 once, she was my Buu.

• My problem is that I'm just too sexy.

• Nice myTake boii. I love the brutal honesty.

• Okay then how do I feel confident or "good enough"

• Easy, get to know yourself and love who you are. Once you know who you are and you stop comparing yourself to others, confidence naturally follows.

• I'm a 10

• Sex is meh