All that work to get the girl and now she only remembers part of what I did, really!

There are always two sides to a story and witnesses often forget or change details but can a girl really for get this much about how we got together?

Here is my side of the story.

I saw this cute new girl at church so I go over and say hello. I do that for about 3 months each week saying hello to her and talking with her and her close freind whose brother I have known for years and whom I have known for a year.

After a while I gave up my future girl freind was still as shy as ever and I was not making any head way. After a month we went to the same church event and ended up tagged in the group photo that was posted to social media. So I added her as a freind online a few of us were going to make our own small event so I messaged her and invited her. We got along great and afterwards we started talking regularly online and in person. I finally got up the nerve to ask her out a month latter and now we are steadily dating and are a couple.

Recently we were talking and reminiscing about us and she gave me her side of the story.

We met a few times at church when I came over to say hello soon after I messaged her to come to an event and we became online friends. Latter we then became friends in person also. She really liked that I took the time to get to know her online and was her freind a while before I asked her out on a date.

This MyTake is also a question how can she remember it so differently and many girls remember how they started dating their man differently than how he remembers, please comment below.

16

Most Helpful Girl

• Couples often have a little mismatch of events. I've been watching a bunch of those "How we met" videos on YouTube and a lot of times couples argue over the story 😂😂😂 sometimes they'll be like "ooooohhhh yeah, right, right". I guess people forget details because they weren't expecting things to turn into anything.

I've experienced people not remembering our first meeting (s) but I'm not too offended because i tend to have good memory on the random stuff no one remembers. It creeps or astonishes others.

The point is, don't be offended, she likes you and that's what matters! It's not how or where you started, it's where you ended up thatthat's memorable!
    People graduate college and take a photo but people don't ask them about their freshmen year or whether they transferred from a junior/community college.

Maybe I'm partial to the girl because I'm shy too.
    GOD BLESS ✌

• :) K thanks
      I was more hurt than offended actually.

Most Helpful Guy

• You have to remember that she probably had/has tons of guys trying to come up and talk to her the exact same way several times a week, maybe even several times per day. You only became significant to her after you established an actual friendship, and those are the times she remembers. Women just blank all those other faces out because they simply aren't interested in the guys. and have no reason to remember.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 5

• Who cares bro, you got the girl you wanted and you are together. Think you're overthinking it. She pretty much remembers you came up and talked to her a decent amount of times at church and then you really got to know her at the event. It isn't a big deal that she doesn't really remember you came over and talked to her at church every week for 4 months before you guys hung out.

Just be glad she pretty much knows the story

• I'm sorry, but where exactly is the difference between your story and hers? It sounds about the same to me, and even if there is a difference, it is just that she wasn't aware of you from the start, the way you were of her.

• My current girlfriend had no idea I existed even though I had basically been stalking her for months. That's how things go.
    Remember what James Bond said "50 no's and 1 yes means yes".

• May be that's when she really got to notice you. Who knows. Girls are weird. Like aliens :D

• I feel ya. Man I felt like this and really still do at 29. Girls can REALLY be insensitive jerks. Women should never be held to being better than men; they simply are not. Girls indeed do lie through their teeth waaaaay too much and As fucked as it is it is actually excused and even condoned. best thing to do is to not let these ho's get under your skin or in your head. Show your strength. Show that you're a man with or without pussy. Just FYI: benefits of masturbation are no chance of unwanted pregnancy, guaranteed nut, no chance of STD , and no spending on restaurants, uber, movie tickets, drinks, etc.