The Truth About Finding ''the One''

I'm sorry that I have to disappoint all people currently in a relationship but...you didn't find ''the one''.

I'm not writing this myTake to disappoint people. I want the people who are currently looking for a partner to feel less pressured.

The Truth About Finding ''the One''

There isn't just one person that you can marry. There are thousands that you are capable of having a relationship with. They just seem to appear that rarely because of all the people that you aren't capable with.

If you wouldn't got into the relationship with the person you are at the moment, you probably would be with someone else. And it would work just as good as it does right now.

The Truth About Finding ''the One''

This is also one of the reasons why people cheat. They just found a diffrent person that they are also able to have an amazing relationship with. Of course that isn't an excuse for cheating but it's a reason. And the relationship doesn't work out most of the time.

With the growth of population, there will be more people that you can have an awesome relationship with.

With all that said, I need to say that you still can find the perfect partner for you. Just that there are multiple perfect partners.

I really hope that you enjoyed this myTake and that you tell me your honest opinon about this topic :)

1217

Most Helpful Girl

• I completely agree. I don't believe in "the one" I think it's an extremely silly idea to think there is only one person in the world that's your perfect match. If that were the case, that there is "the one", how many people are with the wrong person? A whole freaking lot. It would be damn near impossible to find "the one" out of several billion people.
    As for your thoughts on cheating, I could see that being the case for a small portion. I don't think that explains it for every case or even most cases. I think people cheat out of boredom or because something is lacking in the relationship they're in. I think cheating is about opportunity. Of course, some people plan to cheat but I think it sometimes 'just happens'. My point is I don't think it has to do with "oh wow I really like this person AS A PERSON, so I'm going to cheat with him/her" I think it's more like "he/she is hot, and willing so why not". I don't think it usually has to do with an emotional connection is what I guess I'm trying to say.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've always said that there's no such thing as "the one," but rather "a one." Seriously. 7 billion people on the planet, and some there are two people meant to be together. Let's break down this lunacy.

That person you probably are with that one thinks is the one-and-only, unless they meet online in a long-distance deal, they probably met at school, or at work; maybe a local bar, or college party? Yikes. The sheer fucking odds of those two lovebirds being in the right place, at the right time; and probably of the same race in many (not all) cases.

Jesus... No wonder it's generally religious people that think that because that kind of luck really would require a divine hand to make it happen.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 11

• I have mixed emotions in this. I’m a remarried mother. I got married the first time for a Marriage of Convenience, I was also pregnant (I was told I could not get pregnant). I felt like it was an arranged marriage, but I put all my effort into it, until I realized he never would. I ended up being celibate for 4 years after the divorce because I didn’t want to date anyone, however, I kept flirting with a guy over the course of 1.5 years. We had everything in common. As soon as we started dating, we knew we were the one for eachother. ILYs were exchanged within a couple of weeks, and we married a year later. Husband had similar experiences with exes.

If anything happened to him, I’d likely go back to being celibate. He said he’d prob just be a player with no attachment.

I have never connected to anyone as I do my husband. I used to believe there was no such thing as the one or true love. I had prior relationships that were LTR, but something huge would break us apart and I never had that connection. Now that I’ve experienced it, I believe it.

And we believe it was fate. We are both from the west coast and moved to the Deep South in the same town...

Just because you don’t experience it in your teens or 20’s doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

Also, searching for the one doesn’t excuse cheating. Some people cheat because they’re unhappy and don’t know how to get out of the relationship, others because they want their cake and eat it too.

• U can't say to everyone that they haven't found the one yet because they possibly could have. Yes there are more than just one but they might have found one of “the ones”

• I think it's a good thing to feel that way, because a friend of mine who believed in The One and thought to have met him when she was 18 had an unstable on-and off relationship with him.

• So true. I share the same POV as you. Great take. Short, concise, to the point.

• No shit sherlock ;)

• Not everyone knows this.. When I was young my type of girls were really narrow and superficial. Like they had to be interested in hobbies I liked or had a certain look. When you're older, you're a lot more experienced and you look at personality, cultural values a lot more than superficial things.

• But there are so many different ratios of fun:attractive:interests etc with all the different people out there over the whole world.

• What about

THE CHOSEN ONE?

• Good

• This made me feel happy reading it 😊

• "The One" is definitely the one you put effort and commitment towards. They are special because you selected them and only share moments between each other. BUT it can definitely be anyone in the world. A relationship just takes work and it makes it easier when priorities and aspirations are similar. Possibly chemistry.

• Well thank god. We would be f$** overwise. Also I don’t understand the concept of “the one” . The one in my country? The one in my state? The one in the world?
    If it’s the one in the world , for eg Africa and i never meet him , does it mean that I’ll never get fulfilled?
    I know it sounds stupid but seriously, could someone define the one?
    It sounds like a made up short word for a “perfect partner “ that sounds cute and unrealistic

• I love this takes and honestly makes me feel better knowing this..

What Guys Said 16

• Couldn't resist.

• Agreed, although you are talking statistically. It's vain for anyone to imagine that someone was meant for them. It's just not how our world works.

• There isn't just one but there is hopefully one person out there who will be the one.
    https://youtu.be/f1ZplGDnXpI

• it's like with neo. if he's the one or not depends entirely on his acceptance of the role. as soon as he chooses to accept the role, he becomes the one xD

• Yes, multiple partners. But that special feeling we felt for the one never going to change. First love is always stronger than anything. It is harder to completely open up to someone for the second time.

• There is no finding "the one." It's about CHOOSING the one.

• Yeah... I thought she was the one before I reached to finger her and she had a clock rather than a pussy. My festivals and man hood will take that memory to the grave.

• I refuse to believe in what you said, and I don't trust you, and all of that for 2 reasons:
    1) you are under 18
    2) you are hiding behind anonymous

• Yeah some of use get fixated on a particular person, it's hard to snap out of it.

• no such thing as "the one" the entire idea is ridiculous and unnatural

• INTROVERT + EXTROVERT USUALLY GOOD RELATIONSHIP :)

• Amazing myTake

• Intriguing

• not fucking likely

• THe idea that there is someone for everyone is a myth. Just ask shy people.