Dear Ex Boyfriend...

Dear Ex Boyfriend...

“A guy out there was meant to be the love of your life, your best friend, your soul mate, the one you can tell your dreams to. He'll brush the hair out of your eyes. Send you flowers when you least expect it. He'll stare at you during the movies, even though he paid $8 to see it. He'll call to say goodnight or just cause he's missing you. He'll look in your eyes and tell you, you're the most beautiful girl in the world, and for the first times in your life, you'll believe it.” - Quote by Nicholas Sparks

We may be separated right now, romantically. But my love for you has never disappeared. You still exist in my thoughts, in my dreams, and in my hopes for the future. I know our circumastances weren't the best, and we had parted ways due to that. However... I hold no animosity towards you. There are positives about you, just as there are negatives... but I believe that none of us are perfect, and there are a lot of things we all need to work on, individually to help us grow and mature. You don't feel you're good enough, or special enough for me. You don't see yourself the way I see you... which dearly hurts me, because in my eyes you are incredible.

The way you smiled at me and looked deeply into my eyes. Your curly, beautiful hair, and that handsome face. The way you called me, "princess", and always called me beautiful, although I'm so insecure. The way you held me tightly in your arms as we cuddled underneath Heaven's stars at night. Your goofiness. Your bad boy ways- when you'd swear and drink alchohol but still be such a loving sweetheart at the same time. Your protectiveness... the times you'd get angry at the idea of another man touching me or even looking at me.

I miss kissing you in the rain, sharing a strawberry funnel cake and salt & vinegar fries at the fair, dancing like weirdos with you, me being clumsy and falling everywhere, every song we've ever claimed ours, sharing heartfelt emotions with each other at night, promising each other a beautiful future, the tickle fights we had, grocery store runs and indulging in junk food as we watched Netflix, the crazy carpool karaokees, babysitting and dealing with whiny children together and taking on the "mommy and daddy" role although I was the one who spoiled them and gave them what they want; you being the strict dad figure who'd sit the ground rules down. The time we went to Reunion Tower and watched the stars at night, our runs to In & Out and the times we both indulged in Chick-fil-A meals together and obsessed over their Polynesian sauce and lemonade.

Thank you for being a part of my fairytale, and also fulfilling my every dream and desire. You've taught me so much about myself and the things I need to work on as an individual and grow through as a person. I still think about you, and I still have love for you in my heart. I hope you've been taking care of yourself. I hope that you've been becoming a better version of you, as I've been working on becoming a better version of me. Because you taught me that.

If we are indeed meant to be together in the future, then within the right timing, we will reconnect and be together forever. Because, we'd originally spent nights promising one another this. The day you asked me to marry you... whether you were sincere or not, I hold the memory close to my heart. And if it's meant for our future, I am dearly holding onto hope for that. You are the Prince Charming every girl dreams of, and despite your flaws in maintaining a relationship right now... I believe that when you become the best version of yourself one day, you'll be all the more alluring. Until then, I wish you an abundance of happiness! :-)

Sincerely,

The girl who always has your best interest at heart.

105

Most Helpful Girl

• That was lovely and I’m sorry things didn’t work out for you guys. I’m glad that despite it all you can still focus on the good times. Hugs :)

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 5

• It's a lovely sentiment. Not sure many people feel the same.

• I heard girls don’t even care about Break iOS and move on right away. To be honest guys are the ones who cry over girls... not the other way around which people are so inclined to believe.

• That's weird! Is that really true? Because I've cried over him a lot. I didn't feel he would feel the same way because he's the one who broke up with me.

• @PeytonIsMe girls don’t care as much and that’s just how it is.

• "girls don’t care as much and that’s just how it is."

Where's the study showing this. If there is one, let's see it. I think that would be fascinating.

If there is no such studies supporting this observation, then stop trying to pass off your opinions and observations as facts. What does it take to write "In my opinion," or "I believe," or "it's been my experience, " at the beginning of that sentence.

• Hopeless romantic huh. Me too!

• That's pretty.

• I just accept reality you don't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC3ty9zwwPA

• I'm did you watch the entire video you posted because damn you are lucky this space has loose moderation.

• Meant Um* not I'm sorry.

What Girls Said 9

• Dear ex boyfriend, what was the name of that noodle dish you made me on our first date. I'm going to a potluck friends giving and I need to make something.

• That is from the depths of your soul after crying I understand that pain too well

• This is too sappy and sounds like a movie cliche.. Just kidding. You're lucky that you only have positive memories of him

Dear ex boyfriend, you're the biggest douche on earth!

• Erm... that’s not a soulmate. You pretty much just said how beautiful he is and you find him attractive of bad boy nature... that’s not love, that’s lust... you learn to tell difference trust me.

I’ve known my best friend since we were 6 years old, we have so much in common and I could tell you everything about him. Ranging from when his birthday is to every thought and feeling he has.

We grew up together and can’t stand being apart. It’s a connection that came from knowing each other for years, not something you gain over night or in a couple of months.
    He is my soulmate.

• I think we are soulmates, but we just haven't known each other the longest. We reflect each other and mirror each other. It'll take time of course for this connection to develop if we're meant to be but soulmates come in all different shapes and forms.

• Dear Ex boyfriend fuck you..

• Nice take

• You had me at the $8 movie tickets. 😧

• Whaa?

‘I know our circumastances weren't the best’.

‘Your bad boy ways- when you'd swear and drink alchohol.’

‘the times you'd get angry at the idea of another man touching me or even looking at me.’

‘You are the Prince Charming every girl dreams of, and despite your flaws in maintaining a relationship right now...’

Yea... No.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
    And you guys deserve each other.
    Cause obviously you see beauty from this guy. Lol

• Those were literally just little things I personally found attractive. I always felt that way about the opposite gender. Not that it's necessary for guys to be brusque or be rough around the edges to be attractive but it's simply what I found myself attracted to. I'm very feminine and typically the polar opposite so I guess opposites attract in that sense! Things like those are only attractive to me in moderation of course, because when it's a bit over the top that's when I'm turned off. It just has to have balance and substance.

• Nothing, you think about him all you want and dwell on him and obsess over and write about him to the public all you want. Then get annoyed of others opinions what you chose to put out there.. everyone is different and doesn’t think like you do.

• This is exactly why I am never posting publicly on social media platforms like this again. This was simply an open letter like the ones on Odessy, and I only wanted it to be as loving and heartfelt as possible. To inspire others that they don't have to have negative emotions about their ex. I'm not "obsessing" over him by pointing out the good qualities about him and for cherishing the memories. And you're honestly one to talk about getting annoyed at opinions when you're literally downvoting all of my positive ones. Please get a life.

• I loved that and I wished everyone had that attitude towards an ex. 😭

But you guys are so lucky your cinema tickets are $8, in the UK the cheapest you’d find is £11-12 which is equivalent to $14-15. I go to the better cinemas so I have to pay roughly $20 excluding the popcorn and drink. It’s so expensive here 😂