I think the most awful first date has got to be the "let's just stare at each other over a plate of expensive food and try not to get any in our teeth while we make awkward conversation about our lives" date. And nobody wants that, so let's see how we can make it a little less dreadful, and a little more glitzy, glamorous, and, of course, goth-y. I might use a few images of Morticia and Gomez Addams, since they are couple goals. Boys, treat your girl like he treats her, 'kay?
Obviously, you most likely won't be able to go to an actual funeral, but my ideal date, listening to Nine Inch Nails as we kiss to the beat of closer outside in the dark, might be doable for you if you're also into that. Here are some other first date ideas:
- Ski-ball/laser tag/paintball
- Amusement parks or fairs (roller coasters are exciting, hardcore, and, girls, if you act like you're afraid, he might hold your hand, comfort and cuddle you, or even steal a kiss~)
- (Of course) Going to see a favorite band or bands and going in the mosh pit together
- Museums when there is an unusual event (like Tibetan Sand Painting Monks or whatnot)
- Wandering across town to wherever we end up
- Exploring old burned out factories together and taking artsy pictures
- Going to the theater or a dance show, which supports struggling artists and, at least to me, there's something much more communal about a live performance of anything. You get an intermission to talk and get a drink, and if the show is good, you'll both leave feeling energized and excited.
- Hang out at one of your houses/apartments/dorms/townhouses (whatever your situation is):
I'm getting my room ready for a date with my girlfriend this Friday, here's what how I'm setting up in my (huge) room: I've set my bed against the wall and pulled out my sheets so that my bed is now a kind of sofa with big blankets (as well as adding extra pillows). Facing my bed I've made an altar, but I'll take all my stuff off and put a T.V. and a VCR (you can all see where this is leading). What's more, I've got a red lava lamp and candles for lighting and some incense and ambiance music (Enigma) to give more of an ambiance (although the music will be kinda pointless once the movie starts). I'm thinking of renting a new release or a movie she's been dying to see and after that it's your classical walk or we might meet up with some friends to end the evening with a little more excitement (and mischief, hehehe).
- The user spiderman on a gothic forum i go on occasionally
Keep in mind: the date ideas are coming from me, a kind of weird girl, so yeah.
What to talk about/getting to know your date
Personally, I don't like guys who walk up to me, or sit down for a date with me, for that matter, and the first two things they ask within the first five to ten minutes of the convo-interrogation is, "hey. What's your name? Is there a chance I can get your number?" That just tells me that you are only thinking about one thing, and I don't want a guy who only wants to hook up with me and nothing else, like, "poontang first, personality later".
Ask your date about herself. What kind of music does he listen to? Who are her friends, who are his role models?
Side-note: dating goth girls
Okay, so online, I've seen a lot of people going "I'm a normal guy, can I date a goth chick?"
Like, yes, just don't fetishize us. We're like any other girl.
~ Mrs Manson