Relationship Advice Everyone Needs To Know!

Relationships

It seems amazing that humans have been on this Earth for more than 200,000 years and we have yet to figure out the opposite sex. There are thousands of books, courses and specialists that tell us what the other person might be thinking, or why they're doing what they do. But even with all of that most relationships fail or end badly. I'm not saying that I am the all-knowing relationship Guru, but I do have some knowledge that I'd like to share. Up ahead 5 relationship advices everyone needs to know.

1. Pick Your Battles

A relationship is mainly built on loyalty, compromise, trust and communication. In order for your relationship to work you need to be able to compromise. Part of that compromise is learning to pick your battles. If you and your partner are fighting over every little thing that bothers one another being with each other will be hell. If there's something that bothers you then that's where communication comes in, but there's no need to argue over everything. Also, remember that it isn't you against your partner. It's you two vs. the problem. Most of the time it's not what you're saying, it's how you're saying it. If emotions are involved you're not going to be able to have a calm discussion. You should take some time to clear your head and once you are centered talk about the topic and try to reach an agreement with your partner. If it's a small thing that bothered you, just try to have a conversation with them about it and let the problem die.

2. Admit When You're Wrong

No one likes to admit when they're wrong. In fact, everyone wants to be right. So much so that we defend our point even if we know we're wrong. But you know when you have fucked up. Once you realize that you have done your partner wrong you have to admit it and apologize. It's not easy but it's something that you must do in order for your relationship to flourish without any resentment going forward. Apologizing when it's due will save you from many petty arguments in the future and passed mistakes being brought up in new arguements.

3. Work On Your Relationship

If you have a garden, and you forget to water the plants they are going to dry out. Playing on that metaphor, the same thing will happen to your relationship. Just because you're with a person it doesn't mean that you have them secured. You should always work on making each other happy, and loving each other over all the downs that you may go through. There's a point in the relationship where things aren't going to be as they were in the beginning but you should never let the sparks die. You should strive to make your relationship fun, lively and interesting. That way you will both be invested. Always be romantic even if you're with the same person for over 50 years. Care for them as if it were the first date. Never forget what you saw in each other.

4. Manage Jealousy

Everyone gets even the slightest bit jealous. Some communicate it verbally and others show it with their actions. There's a normal amount of jealousy that you can't help but have if you care deeply about a person. But there is also the irrational amount. If there's a legitimate reason for you to be jealous then you should talk to your partner, but if it's all in your head you need to check yourself. Gather your thoughts and think about your situation clearly. Most irrational jealousy stems from insecurity. Your partner chose you because they want you and no one else. They could validate you all they can but as I always say self-love is very important in a relationship. You cannot give what you don't have. If you don't have love you can't give love. Work on your insecurities before thinking that the problem lays in your partner.

5. Know Your Worth

You should never be with someone that treats you less than right. Period. So know your damn worth and know that you deserve to be with someone that loves you with their whole heart. Not someone that gives you crumbs and expect you to give them your whole world. Demand to be treated how you should. You don't have to beg to be loved, because if that's the case then that's not the person for you. You can try as much as you'd like to make it work, but if for one reason or another things just don't, then let it go and move on. Don't stay hung up on one person when you could be having the time of your life with someone else. Take it as a learning experience for the future and level up. Better yourself because what's to come will be a thousand times better. Find someone that will value you as they should. You don't deserve to be miserable, because someone that makes you miserable isn't the person for you. Lastly remember to have self love before anything else. You're the main thing, a partner is just an addition. A compliment to the main platter. You don't need your partner, you want your partner.

Thanks for reading this take

-The End xo

P.S. This was not meant to offend anyone, it's my humble advise and opinion. As always thanks for reading.

920

Most Helpful Guys

• 1 mo ago

The most important relationship advice is knowing when to say goodbye.

If you feel like you're forced to pick your battles because you get "punished" for voicing your preferences, say goodbye.

If you're making all the effort and the other acts like that's the way it should be, say goodbye.

If you're getting cut off from family and friends, say goodbye.

I could go on, and if asked to I will, but I think you get the point

• 1 mo ago

That's mainly what I tried to get across with Point number 5. You should always know your worth, and know when to leave a situation when you aren't being treated how you should.

• 1 mo ago

I like your take. But it shouldn't be so confrontational. Battles with what if she wants to do something and it is not going to matter go with what she wants. Jealousy, why she is not exclusive to you she has friends of both sexes. Share them with you and her , you can build a picture of what she likes and dislikes. So steer away from the dis likes?

Most Helpful Girl

• 1 mo ago

I'm actually pretty good with the opposite sex. It's my pen sex I don't understand. Women are mysterious and terrifying yet beautiful creatures.

Join the discussion

818
  • 1 mo ago

Very good advice.

• 1 mo ago

Is tha weird that im not jealous at all about my GF?
    Even tho she is jealous as F about me

• 1 mo ago

It's not weird at all. It just means that you're not insecure about your relationship.

• 1 mo ago

If anyone needs relationship advice then listen to George Michael's song lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izGwDsrQ1eQ

• 1 mo ago

What exactly are YOUR qualifications to provide relationship advice?

• 1 mo ago

Experience, not just my own but that of those around me as well. I said in the beginning that I am not a relationship guru but I've been told that I give good advice. Also, because I felt like sharing it in a more general way. Many questions on here can be solved by referencing one or more of the points I wrote on my take.

• 1 mo ago

I never did say that I had all the answers, and I quote "I am not saying that I am the all-knowing relationship Guru". I respect the fact that you don't value my opinion considering that you are almost three times my senior, there for it makes sense for you to have much more knowledge and experience than I do. However I have to say that I am not an unqualified blowhard, since I've had my fair share of experience to know what I am talking about. Perhaps you don't find my advice useful at all, but many people that I know have relationship problems that center around those that I mentioned above.

• 1 mo ago

I wish you great success.

• 29 d ago

I wish I would find soneone who is that much enlightened... That is all my ex girlfriends never had. Admit you are wrong! And water your plants and CommUniCation!

• 1 mo ago

Life wasn't so cozy and privileged for us to need to understand each other. We had to just take care of each other and worry about the baggage later.

• 1 mo ago

This is a very well-written and thoughtful take. Thank you.

• 1 mo ago

This is relationship advice that everyone needs to know

• 1 mo ago

Admitting your wrong is losing a battle, US GUYS MUST NOT LOSE BATTLES, WE MUST ALWAYS WIN!

• 1 mo ago

Good job man, win your single life back in a heartbeat ;p

• 1 mo ago

I think you should watch Tim Allen in home improvement. The only way we win is let the women win say sorry it was my fault anyway , they know you dont believe your wrong , they know you still think your right but it brings a happy balance. If you dont do this , ultimately you will lose everything

• 1 mo ago

So true all points are

• 1 mo ago

Truth!

• 1 mo ago

Well put!

• 1 mo ago

Agreed 💯

• 1 mo ago

Very good advice thanks

• 1 mo ago

Good take

• 1 mo ago

Great advice

• 1 mo ago

Tnx now I get an idea💭

• 14 d ago

Well said!

• 28 d ago

Surprisingly simple and good advice!

• 1 mo ago

Simple and precise

• 1 mo ago

#1 Don’t settle

• 23 d ago

''It seems amazing that humans have been on this Earth for more than 200,000 years...''

That's because the dominant ego has been around for longer. Every single suggestion in your list will only make a slight difference if a person never learns how to ''dissolve'' the ego. Even walking away would result in the person walking into arms of another... with the same dysfunction.

A dominant ego needs a mind full of compulsive thoughts. There is no room to ''dissolve'' the ego until you have learned how to cease all thoughts.

• 24 d ago

- Don't snoop

- Don't ask for passwords

- Don't use the silent treatment

• 1 mo ago

The best advice would be to not date the world would be better if people just focused on themselves

• 1 mo ago

What to do when you FEEL rejected by the opposite sex?

• 1 mo ago

Me annoyed so I can't even absorb this advice :(

• 1 mo ago

Find someone new. Like I said in point number 5 know your worth. If you feel rejected by someone or like you have to beg for their love then their not the person for you.

• 1 mo ago

Yep, and I have my own standards as well. Thanks. I am just frustrated that I have yet to find a girlfriend before graduating college in a few weeks.

• 1 mo ago

Blah blah blah not taking this advice tldr