Relationship Advice: Partnerships #1

Hey person reading myTake, I thought it would be nice to share some advice I was told by my parents to keep me in perspective of what a relationship is, which has benefitted me greatly.

Relationship Advice: Partnerships #1

The advice is never forget that you’re in a partnership when dating. I know that sounds a little obvious but you wouldn’t believe how many people I see in a relationship where there’s none. In order to be a healthy partnership, you need to remember that they’re human too. So if ever you get upset or annoyed, just remember we’re not perfect either. So instead of yelling and arguing just let them know. If the behaviour repeats, again and again. Then that’s definitely an issue, that you need to measure as of factor of whether its worth ending it or not. These issues can range from small annoyances to breaking the relationship kind.

For example, I have a friend who has been with her boyfriend for two years, he’s unable to clean up after himself. As in she makes the food, cleans up after him with both dishes and laundry, and also still goes to work. This may not seem like such a abd thing at first, but after being together for two years, and he still hasen’t helped out. That’s a red flag. Major red flag. Her job isn’t to take care of her partner. If you know your girlfriend/boyfriend is still at work and it’s 6pm, take the initiative to make food for them, clean up the house. Do something nice, the little things are really the things that make you realize they are the one. Most people who love each other and want to promote the best their partner can be, will do this automatically. (There are exceptions but make sure your partner is the one).

For today that’s all I’m going to write but don’t forget you’re a team, remember that. There are no sides when arguing, just ways to improve each other.

47

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree. No one is perfect in this world, and I'd even argue that no two people are perfect for each other. However both individuals need to put in the effort and the work to keep the relationship going, preferably equally. Improving and growing in a relationship will come with time and both of you will become better people, but only if you two properly work for it together. Should be the both of you vs the problem, not against each other.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 6

• That issue of cleaning up, who does what, it's a big one and it relates to how people were raised. It's another stressor, inequality, energy issue. May tolerate it early, but will get old.

Used to be the woman stayed home and did domestic duty. not anymore, share the load. Try to do the things that are fun for you, do them together, take a load off the other person at times... surprise them.

• Why u use that pic, I hate dykes with a passion gay ass bitches

• Lol I didn’t even know it was two girls, I just took the pic real fast. Surprised u hate lesbians since I thought the male fantasy was to see two women together.

• My partnership is ideally perfect on this w bitchier world than you

• I mean empathy is the first step to caring about anyone...

• it's part of the partnership. I just didn't name it. There's only so much room to write. If I could I would have made a full on 5 pages with introduction, body paragraphs and conclusion. At this point after being in Uni. I'm an essay expert lmao

• Very well said!

• I didn't know it was 2 girl either: but it good: an got message across to me at least! Xoxo

• mmmmm

What Girls Said 4

• Well he is _able_ he chooses not to and I would have dumped him way back. If it’s been two years I’m guessing she’s accepted this as her role.

I do agree take a deep breath and talk before losing your sh*t. Guaranteed you’ve done something comparable absurd - at least once- to whatever is annoying you about someone else. if it happens reiwatedky then yeah, bad news.

• He lazy but it’s not up to you it’s up to her. I had an ex girlfriend like that didn’t last more then two weeks.

• She has bordeline personality disorder, so she most likely will stay in the toxic relationship.

• :) :)

• Good take