Lack of communication due to busy schedule is OK!

Lack of communication
Lack of communication

It's a little more complicated than people think. Breakups due to lack of communication receive little attention on analysis because people seem to think that "he/she isn't messaging me everyday must mean he/she doesn't care". I am 26 and in my first ever relationship (shocking, I know). It's his second, so I assumed he would know the "do's and dont's" of relationship.

Turns out, not so much. His schedule is way busier than mine and it's affecting his personality. His over-jolliness is getting lost amongst the heap of homework, tests and presentations. I haven't seen him for 10 days or heard from him for 2 days in messenger/WhatsApp. He sleeps and studies all day and silenced his social media to not to distract him and that means he won't even talk to me. I often send little messages to make sure he gets to talk and vent out because it's healthier.

I am a little bummed, I admit because I have more free time, but I don't want to be the bitch who comes between education and a student. I've been there where I blocked all my family and friends when I was working/studying, so I understand. Also, I am older and senior than him (he's bachelors, I am doing my masters) so I should be a little more understanding because, even though relationship-wise I am inexperienced, I am more experienced with how real-life works. If it was the other way around, I would expect the same from him.

So, 10th day without seeing him and 3rd day without any messages. But it's okay. I want him to graduate with good grades and I want to be proud of him for his progress and achievements. I hope he gets the grades he is studying so hard for. I'll just be there when he needs a good cup of coffee.

8

Most Helpful Girl

• 15 d ago

Awww... you really care for him and you seem like a very nice girlfriend. Anyway, you can just ask him about his day to let him know that you really care. Maybe it will give him the hint that he should spare a little time for you.

• 15 d ago

Thank you. In fact we just did last night and he asked whether he can do so again tonight.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 7

• 7 d ago

Wowww that’s sound like a lot like my guy and we are in a same boat girl. What sign are you guys?

• 9 d ago

You sound like a great girlfriend, I hope this turns into a step stone to a strong relationship. Remember to do some self care for yourself too!

Even the guy I'm flirting with at work, is busy and I don't see him much either but we both know we like each other. I hope I didn't look creepy when I smiled at him the whole time we were talking! >.<
    Its just cool! When someone is mutual with your feelings

• 5 d ago

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ hell nawl. I let that shit slide for months and we broke up. Im even more vocal now about the time i need. I’m trying to be patient like you but you toooooo patient. I’d be out πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

• 7 d ago

You sound like a wonderful, patient girlfriend and I hope he appreciates you! That being said, make sure you take enough time for yourself and give yourself some love. Make sure you guys schedule regular date nights or just time to talk on the phone to keep the connection.

My boyfriend is a terrible texter, and initially, I thought it was just me, until I heard his family and coworkers (sometimes jokingly) complain about how hard it is to reach him. He also has a bit of a crazy schedule and always seems to have something going on, as do I, so we always make sure to set aside 1-2 days every week to see each other.

• 15 d ago

No, it is NOT fine! You two need to work on communication.

• 16 d ago

Have a talk with him how you feel, ask if he at least he gives you one full day just the two of you

• 15 d ago

Good take