1 mo

What I Learned From The One That Got Away

If you like someone, tell them

Life's too short to play games (unless it's naked twister) and they will almost always backfire. If you want someone to know you like them, just say it. All this time we waste dropping hints and trying to work out if someone likes us ....the quicker you let that person know that you're into them, the quicker everyone has their answers, and the quicker you can both move forward.

The one who cares the least does not "win"

You will never regret caring too much, but you will forever regret caring too little.

Treat someone like you don't care and they will believe you, and when they're gone, they're gone, and it's in that realisation that you'll long for the chances you wasted.

So many of us are so afraid of losing face, but it's nothing compared to the loss of that person who was everything to us. You may still have your "cool" in tact, but that is a hollow, lonely "victory"

".....You knew what you had, you just never thought you'd lose it"

nothing is granted, and certainly not forever, and yet we treat the best people as if they are.

You will never miss anyone like the one that got away.

That pain, the regret, the what-ifs will last a lifetime. You don't get over it.

You will move on. If you're lucky, you will love someone else, but it won't be the same kind of love. The person you lost, the person you could've had leaves a void in your heart that no one and nothing else can fill. You're never the same person after they're gone.

You're happy, but you could have been happier.

Shoulda Woulda could've are the last words of a fool.

I wish this could have been a cheerier take, but I see so much dating advice about playing it cool & not giving too much away, and making the other person chase us, and we act like we have all the time in the world to mess around with that and make up for it later, when, in reality, life is rarely that simple.

If you're lucky enough to have someone amazing in your life, make them feel that way. You're not guaranteed another chance. You don't know what will happen tomorrow.

Thank you to anyone who reads this

5
2

Join the discussion

Most Helpful Guy

• larry69

This happened to me about 10 years ago. I tried to play cool. She was my dream woman. I blew it and not one day has gone by that I wish I would have just been more open. She suddenly stopped caring and I tried days and weeks later. She found someone else and happily married while I am still single. Great take.

Is this still revelant?
    • Anonymous

I'm sorry to hear this. I think it's one of the saddest things about life. The one thing you do come away with is the lessons. It puts you in the best position you can be for that next person, even if when they eventually do come along, it's slightly bittersweet.
      There is never anyone quite like that person, but sometimes a person surprises you with what you didn't realise you needed.
      I wish you the best.
      Thank you, and thanks for reading.

Most Helpful Girl

• kelly101180

If a guy wants a girl he should tell her talk to her it works both ways

Is this still revelant?
    • Anonymous

Absolutely. This wasn't aimed at a specific gender. It's just what I took from the whole situation xx

14
  • Truthatanycost

The advice in this take is only beneficial if you're living in a world where the ego has been tamed... but you aren't.

Firstly ''If you like someone, tell them''

In a world that lives through the true self, this is fine and will be appreciated. But in an ego dominant world, it will be more likely looked upon as being too obvious, lacking in challenge, and boring.

''The one who cares the least does not "win" ''

Again, what sort of world are you living in?

This take is nice, but unlikely to be realistic until the collective has reached a higher state of consciousness. It's why you have women wanting to divorce their husbands for being too perfect, and why you have men pretending to be something they aren't just to get laid. Dominant ego!

There will be exceptions, but not many. Want to know whether you're ego has been tamed or whether you are living through the calmer, wiser gap in your thoughts?

Ask yourself this simple question. Can I stop thinking? If you cannot, then it's likely your ego is in the driving seat!

• MM442

Your very right, I was interested in several girls at different times, I let them know aIwas interested and they never tried, or made excuses. Some of them never even told me their name or no information how to get ahold of them. Then some of them blamed me for not responding to the girls. I even asked them how to get ahold of them and they said they would think about it then never followed through, then blame me for not getting with them again, so I moved on.

• MM442

I even asked one girl how would she feel if one of us died and we weren't together, it would be too late. Didn't matter to her at all, she never made me her man. She went her own way. Even though I wanted her to be my girlfriend then my wife!

• I think this is good advice 👍👍👍

• Anonymous

Thanks xx

• Marinepilot

I'd say you're very right.

• Anonymous

Missed opportunities always hurts the most.

• Anonymous

Absolutely. Nothing haunts us like the chances we didn't take