1 mo

The deleted scene from "Hitch" that would have made the movie GREAT!

The deleted scene from Hitch that would have made the movie GREAT!

For those of you who are fans of HITCH the movie I wanted to share a deleted scene. This Mytake is inspired by a question I just answered in the "dating" category that reminded me of this movie. So thank you for the inspiration.

For those of you who don't know the movie 'Hitch' I will give a brief synopsis below.

Dating coach Alex "Hitch" Hitchens (Will Smith) mentors a bumbling client, Albert (Kevin James), who hopes to win the heart of the glamorous Allegra Cole (Amber Valletta). While Albert makes progress, Hitchens faces his own romantic setbacks when proven techniques fail to work on Sara Melas (Eva Mendes), a tabloid reporter digging for dirt on Allegra Cole's love life. When Sara discovers Hitchens' connection to Albert -- now Allegra's boyfriend -- it threatens to destroy both relationships.

In one of the beginning scenes, Alex Hitchens AKA "Hitch" finds himself being the needy insecure guy that nobody wants to be. The clip is below:

The deleted scene I am about to show demonstrates how to handle people who are self absorbed and strive for internal validation by bragging without acknowledgment of the person sitting across from them. In the deleted scene you will see it's the same girl who basically screwed over Hitch in college.....14 years and a couple of months later (which Hitch knows by heart because this woman changed his life forever) Hitch has the upper hand. He has the knowledge and expertise on reading signs of disinterest and 'what's in it for me" type of people.

In this scene....Hitch's credit card gets declined because a very happy client took care of the bill. The very next scene...Hitch sees a newspaper headline that concerns one of his clients on a newspaper held by none other than the girl who screwed him over in college.

Throughout this engagement there was many red flags she started showing that led Hitch to ditch. After asking about what she's been up to she never reciprocated back or showed any genuine interest of wanting to know about him, hence the brief pause, showing herself to be very self absorbed, and on top of this... Hitch did her a solid and helped her by booking the venue for her and her clients for which she never thanked or showed any gratefulness...displaying her sense of entitlement.

The nail in the coffin was when Hitch was addressed as Adam, implying... I don't know your name but am arrogant enough to make a stupid guess as to somebody you barely remember but was useful in some way, for which her response to that usefulness was the pat on the knee and Hitch being called silly, finally showing her nature to be condescending.

In this quick engagement it reinforced to Hitch (when he smirks) why he is where he is and does what he does because of terrible women like this showing these destructive qualities.

We can't know what's in everyone's heart but we sure as hell can see and read the signs.

7
20

Most Helpful Guys

• SomeGuyCalledTom
    For a mainstream feel good romantic comedy, Hitch had some pretty good scenes showing the sexual-social dynamics between men and women. I think it was based on Adam Lyons or one of the other dating coaches, and the "pickup scenes" show they did some homework, although some of it was pretty staged to move the narrative down a typical romcom path. (Why does her just leave that girl at the bar? In real life he would get no second shot once he walks away, but in the movie it sets up a second meet-cute.)

Sadly the film never really takes the red pill and instead ends with an easy answer of "just be yourself", and in doing so undermines what a good dating coach actually does. ("What DID you do?" "Absolutely nothing." Are you kidding me? Lol).

But taken as a piece of entertainment i enjoy the film a rewatch it several times. The characters are likeable even though they tried to give Hitch some "tormented inner child" complex which could only be fixed by a numpty like Albert Brenamin being himself lol
    Is this still revelant?
  • genericname85
    i think the movie would have been great if it didn't tell the story of "hey with the right skills even a fat fuck like Kevin James can score a hot chick".
    it should have been about him adjusting his freaking standards first and then knowing his place finally finding some girl that's naturally attracted. that would have been the message to send.

don't get me wrong i love Kevin James and i know not everyone goes for dates with similar body types but you shouldn't create the illusion that how you look doesn't matter in your ability to attract a mate.
    Is this still revelant?
    • That is true but without that type of fantasy "Hitch" wouldn't of come off like the super dating coach that he is in the movie. I agree with your point in "the real world"

• you know the movie "Shallow Hal"? that guru who makes him see a persons character and not their ugly body. that to me is a way better dating coach. the story says "look character does matter but before you go into the world to pick your date, better also take a good hard look at yourself" because he was relatively unattractive and was trying to go for the hottest chicks before and failing and that chick he liked after the hypnosis knew she was not someone that can usually attract people like him because she was even less attractive. that's how it should be. that's what i'd actually respect as an outstanding dating doctor.

i get what you're saying though. hollywood isn't always about being realistic so whatever.

however this brings me to yet another personal question about you :D sorry if i keep doing that to you but you told me you were actually working as a professional "dating doctor" yourself. there was another thing in "Hitch" that i often see happening in reality that i actually liked about that movie and i guess that's what you wanted to show with those scenes also.

it's that people who do genuinely give good advice for dating and relationship often struggle really hard themselves. did you also experience that? are you maybe saying that "this shit is what everyone goes through, don't expect to be better when you try first".

• Most guys I deal with don't want to put in the work. They want a magic potion or slick lines to give women which of course I don't have. Most young men I speak too are so afraid of rejection that hasn't even happened yet.

They haven't even tried and they are 24, 25, 26 years old. So when I say you got to put in your dues... take your lumps like me and everyone else they say "what kind of advice is that?" I don't give out magic potions... I just hold people accountable for the dating life they desire. It's much like being a personal trainer really. I force them to do the pushups!

Most Helpful Girls

• BlackRoseFairy
    I didn't know of this scene.
    Well I guess she showed her character right at the beginning so I don't know why someone would expect her to act differently in the deleted scene...
    by the way if you liked "Hitch" check out "He's just not that into you", has some good points too...
    Is this still revelant?
    • That is a great movie!

• Watched it a long time ago and HATED it, all the women end up with the guy they want and one of the main guys, the one with a HORRIBLE wife and forceful mistress ends up alone and I remember another guy ends up alone.
      I don't condone cheating but in a world that looks at "Lady Chatterly" as an iconic novel and movie, I really want a man with a horrible wife to be happy in a movie. The only ones that do this are gross-out comedies and one tiny scene from 50/50 which doesn't even affect the horrible wife because they don't do it in front of her.

• @shephardjhon then you probably watched a different movie... Hitch specialises in helping GUYS winning over the women they want. Not the other way around...

• Anonymous
    Uh huh, nice try of pretending you wrote this take by your own thoughts and words. Caught your lie, by you copying and pasting from other people opinions on YouTube comment box.

Proof in the pudding...

Is this still revelant?
    • Ha Ha Ha not trying to fool anybody!

• Lol special thanks to Kajan Nathan in update.

• @Creepazoid Ha yeah I totally stole his words because he said it so well... shoot me! lol

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

518
  • lernulo
    This movie and the Tao of Steve are two of my favorites of this genre.
    I don't know if this is what that scene says, but it reflected to me the radar block problem.
    When you date more for superficial reasons that for " fits to you" reasons.
    And yes, I think it should be there, because when you see a woman like that, you understand more easy that on a date, you have the time of a date the rest are just imaginations, so it's much better to get a good time instead of being insulted at every step.
    • Not too many people remember Tao of Steve. It's been a while since I have seen that one!

• Blitzkrieg_88
    Good my Take. Years ago I used to chase women like this and was majorly guilty of putting the pussy on a pedestal until a guy dating my sister set me straight.
  • Likes2drive
    That was good, I never saw that scene, I liked that movie, I wish I had a coach like him
    • That scene never made the movie! It really should have!

• Yeah I hate when they edit out a scene that has significance, I’ve seen that before a few times on other movies

• luvstoned4him
    It was a great movie. wonder why they cut that scene..
  • DamnSam
    Middleclass movie, typical for Will Smith

But, you know how old the movie is... I think I watched it at the time I was 15, and the movies was a few years out at that time... now I'm 30... there are definitely better movies from that time
  • Jamie05rhs
    I watched the video first and then read the commentary afterwards.

Damn. I missed all of those signs. Maybe I'm just not cynical enough.
  • Red-wolf
    What did the guy in the car mean by. you're doing it right now?
    • He was trying to tell HITCH quit being a needy guy.

• Red-wolf

Isn't that kind of a normal response when you see you're girl cheating.

• Yes but he didn’t read the tea leaves... she didn’t see them in that way... he projected that relationship!

• 😂😂
    • Weird I thought I was replying to your comment. But overall it was a great and interesting take. Glad I was able to watch that deleted scene.

• Definitely give it a bit of a different perspective and who the hell doesn't want to run into an old flame that screwed them over and now YOU ARE THE MAN!

• Spade is a spade.
  • NeroClaudius
    It was so great I don't even remember what it was about...
  • Poppykate
    It’s not just women who do this! But men too!
  • ShiblezNBitz
    Very funny movie
  • slurreyboy
    Nothing could have made that movie great
  • MidaBushka
    This movie changed my life
  • elizamichale1
    Haven't watched it
  • I like this movie a lot. :)
  • UncleTouchyFingers
    I have never seen the movie
  • dhruva13
    Kick ass mature reply from hitch
  • cheer4life_xo
    I love Hitch lol
  • MrBurke
    One scene won't make a bad movie good
  • harunxp
    O think ibd
  • Anonymous
    I walked out of this movie when he was trying to chase that girl down at the end. It made me want to vomit.
  • Anonymous
    An entitled, self absorbed woman. Hmm...