1 mo

Dating in modern days - What's the deal with situationships? #relationships #situationships

Romi93

Dating today is confusing! Am i the only one?

I do not understand why people send mix signal or start a relationship when they aren't ready for one. When you start getting to know someone and you start acting as if you want a committed relationship, why act shock when the other person brings up the subject of being an exclusive thing? I personally do not understand the problem with commitment or tittles. Dating but not being in a relationship it's still a label, you are in a grey and very confusing zone. I applaud people that can live in that zone.

If you do not want a relationship then act the part, have a booty call or very casual thing.

People wanting the benefits of a relationship but the freedom of playing the field it's completely absurd to me. If you are dating a person for an extended period of time and behaving as a couple then give it your all! try being in a relationship, if it works out great and if it doesn't too bad.

I think it sucks to be in a relationship limbo. If you want casual then act casual and if you want a relationship then be in one! You can't expect the best from both worlds

Dating in modern days - Whats the deal with situationships? #relationships #situationships
18
5

Most Helpful Guys

• Reaperbot666
    • modern hookup culture and one night stand culture.
    • mixed with the modern internet, social media, dating apps/sites and smart phones.
    • have all lead more people to look for short term - situationships.
    • rather then trying to find long term - relationships.
    • why many guys avoid the topic of marriage in western culture.
    • because modern marriage is no longer a guarantee. that either person will remain loyal and committed to their partner. over half of first time marriages fail within 5-10 years of the couple saying "I do's" and roughly 70% of the time it is the woman that files for divorces. because many people rush into marriage now without getting to really know their partners true self.
    • recent studies show that typically. the woman is the one to get bored of her partner sexually first. even more so if she has been with many partners over the years. because she'll tend to compare all her former partners to him.
    • http://pauldavidphd.com/wp-content/uploads/Pair-Bonding.pdf
    • https://www.medinstitute.org/articles/pair-bonding-and-the-brain/
    • https://www.webmd.com/sex-relationships/news/20131125/how-the-lovehormone-works-its-magic#2
    • https://www.psychologicalscience.org/news/releases/a-48-hour-sexual-afterglow-helps-to-bond-partners-over-time.html
    • https://www.thetrumpet.com/7750-the-emotional-corrosion-of-casual-sex
    • so once the man stops being able to get any from his partner. he starts to think about out sourcing for his needs. also likely she will start out sourcing for her needs over time. as she becomes board with their sex life.
    • if you get divorced the guy is likely to lose roughly half or more. of his money and resources to her in court and legal fees. more if they end up having children together. because 75% or more of the time. the woman gets full custody with child support or 50/50 custody with child support.
    • only ways a guy can get more then 50% custody. is if he can claims she is an unfit parent. while having the proof to back up his claims in court. or she passes away for whatever reason.
    • so until the legal system is removed from all forms of relationships. I don't see any of this getting better for either side.
    Rebecca Lynn is a former match maker. who became a marriage counselor. because so many people have unrealistic expectations. as to what they want or are looking for in a partner.https://www.youtube.com/embed/34qX6tEoJ1Y
    Is this still revelant?
  • RagnarRedbeard
    I think it's retarded, but there's a simple fix for it: as a woman, don't deal with guys who expect you to date non-exclusively for anything beyond the first two dates. On the first two dates you're just getting to know each other, and you're both probably talking to other people.

After those dates you should have a good idea of whether or not you like the person and want to keep dating. Sure, you don't know if it's gonna work out, but you know you like the person. I know that's how I think as a guy. I know on the first date whether I'd consider something long-term with the girl or not.

I think that women will tolerate a situationship with a guy they're really attracted to in the hope that he'll decide he wants to commit, but also because they're afraid that expecting him not to be talking to, dating and having sex with others too early will make them "too clingy". But really it doesn't often work, the guy often doesn't change his mind. He wants you to think that way so he can keep fobbing you off with the "let's see where this goes" kind of thing, knowing he doesn't want a relationship. And you should want to scare those guys away.

It doesn't matter whether you're a man or a woman, you should be upfront about what you want and what you're looking for early, and if they don't wanna play ball no matter how attractive they are, you should be willing to walk away and move on. Sometimes you've got to think with your head and not your feelings.
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girls

• MzAsh
    That’s why you have to lay it on the line. They’ll reap the benefits of screwing around with others based on what you’ll allow. If you want a relationship, you’ve got to really break it down for them. “I want an exclusive relationship. Is that what you want? Yes or no? Because I don’t share.” Give them the choice but leave no room for them to kick the dirt around in that grey area. Any man worth a damn will respond favorably to this. If they don’t then at least you didn’t waste a bunch of time on someone who just wants to screw around.
    Is this still revelant?
  • FreyaRed
    Everyone wants to be loved but considers love as weakness. That's why people aren't emotionally constant in relationships.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

316
  • Phoenix98
    Dating is confusing only because people make it confusing.

Make it simple and it'll be simple.

The simplest solution is most likely the correct one.
    Occum's Razor

I have always tried to make things as simple as possible by being very clear about what I need and want from the individual and the relationship. By being clear and upfront about things and communicating you cut out a lot of the confusion and get straight to the point. Clear and concise.
  • YHL6965
    Yes!!! I agree that so many people make this harder than it should be. Dating is already not easy so I don't understand why some people make it more complicated.
  • bamesjond0069
    Well today you can. In the past women didn't sleep around half as much so if you wanted a girl you would either bang the town slut or get married. Simple.

Today, essentially all girls will have sex with minimal commitment, so there is no need to worry about marriage or anything serious at all. Why buy the cow when the milk is free? The average or typical girl gives away nsa sex and therefore most men can expect nsa sex.
  • 20yearsolder
    I couldn't agree more, and if you are in a relationship then you should be in that relationship. There's no need to play games,
  • SelflessMe
    I can't answer for other capable adults and neither will I ever try understanding their
    rationalizing the irrational. I'm personally
    not about wasting my time or the time of
    others for the sake of wasting it.
  • RingOfFire
    "I do not understand why people send mix signal or start a relationship when they aren't ready for one. "

Two words covers the whole topic:
    SEX

(Okay one word, I miscounted.)
  • UncleJessieRabbit
    I think that in older times any sex outside of marriage was taboo and forbidden (at least to the average working-class person at the time), but men and women also dated and got married quicker and especially for men, there were more better women.

Why don't we trade today in some respects for back in those times?
    • Be4rdy

Because " I'm a strong independent woman who dont need no man"

• MissDawn7961
    both men and women should stick with their high morals and do not have sex with anyone except your opposite sex spouse
  • mrgspoter
    Yea but most so called man wants more and more and thinks they are something special to deserve what ever they want if lady's let them they will do what they want even if they don't want them too sometimes.
  • talulahbee
    I don't think that's just modern day and more just... People.
  • MannMitAntworten
    Dating... relationships... have been a brain scramble. Alas, like a moth to a flame...
  • God knows wish I was back in the 80's actually falling in love with someone no mind games no social media standards just me and her.
    • Be4rdy

According to your age you wernt even around in the 80s so how would you know.

• Heartonmysleeve88
    Because 99% of men online are full of it and are not on there to find long term relationships. You are kidding yourselves ladies.
    • Be4rdy

Replace men with everyone, hell some of you are just looking for someone to feed you

• nousername26
    You never know if someone might just fall into your lap someday. You know. Like dating apps. Dating websites. Chance encounters.
  • Joeharbor
    I think people are insecure, so they want a main girl while being able to fuck around.
    In other words, they found a way to have their cake and eat it too
  • JamesBlackDragon
    I don't think dating really change that much people are just more opened to what they want now then what they were in the past
  • dreamstar72
    Because they have more choices and now time
  • SuccessfulHornDog
    Its not just you. Its absurd these days
  • Anonymous
    Luckily I haven’t had to worry about this drama because my life is too boring for women