20 d

4 reasons why women might want to be with much younger men

Anonymous

Before dating my current husband (who is 16 years younger then me) I would have laughed at the concept of dating a younger man. I assumed younger men would be far to incompatible with me. However, after eventually decided to be open about dating who would eventually become my now husband (which took a lot) I found out a lot of my concerns about the age gap were not the case with him. In fact, I found out there were a few positive things that came from him being so much younger

1. Energy

I'm a very high energy woman. I'm always on the go and always am up to do something new. However, guys my age tend to want to slow down. I found that I often felt a little tied down because they didn't want to go out and do things as much as I did. That's not the case with my husband. He is fully able to keep up with me and I think the age gap has something to do with that

2. More open

While it's not always the case I do think younger men are a lot less inclined to expect the woman they're with to conform to gender roles (at least to some degree). If you're not appreciative of that being with a guy who doesn't hold onto such ideas is a huge relief. I think that's much more likely to be the case for younger men

3. Easier to have kids with

By the time I reached my early 40s I still desperately wanted children, but I knew it would be much more difficult for me. However, I've been able to have two kids with my husband fairly easily. I think that it's at least in part because younger men are often more fertile then older men. When you're at the edge of childbearing years that can be a big difference

4. Better stamina in bed- need I say more?

I get the perspective some women have that younger men aren't truly 'datable'. I used to hold onto that. I realize that it's certainly not right for everyone However, for some women I think that there are a few positive factors they may be overlooking. That's certainly the case from my experience

24
14
14Girl Opinion
24Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Girls

• Anonymous
    A 16 year difference is a big gap, but I've always been a fan of a man being a few years younger 5-10 years because of the energy difference between MOST men and most women.

70 year olds want to date 50 year old women, but what kind of shape are most 70 year old men in? If the woman is relatively active and the man isn't, she's going to be bored and there is NOTHING more deadly to a relationship than boredom.

I have personally found that on matchup sites that men who choose me are a few years older and want to "go to dinner." I'm not interested in going out to dinner/fine dining except for special occasions. I want to go hiking, canoeing, fishing, hunting: be outdoors: paint my house, DIY projects, work on the car...

Nothing wrong with a great movie, or dinner. But at my age, I want to have as much fun and be as active as humanly possible. Go places, see things, camp out! I love a good museum of art or natural history, but again, this is going out and doing, not sitting still. Also, positive volunteer work such as Habitat for Humanity and similar volunteer activities are also on my radar.

If the person has slow blood, I'm not interested.
    Is this still revelant?
  • Babygirl_S
    I agree that men look their best in their 20s. The problem with dating a man younger than you is men usually like younger women. There are plenty of younger women who can get attracted to much older men (most certainly gold diggers if there is a huge age gap) but it's not the same for men. They hardly prefer older women.
    LikeDisagree 3 People
    Is this still revelant?
    • Mary087

Nah i disagree... I've heard many say they like older women. If she takes care of herself for her age its really just a number in the end:/

• Anonymous

In all honesty part of the reason why the age gap worked for him is because I look younger than I actually am. I still look older than him, but not 16 years older.

However, there are things that some younger men like about older women. My husband really liked that I was more straightforward in what I wanted (and he thinks there's a connection between that and age)

• VIVANT

What are you ‘agreeing’ with 😐? She didn’t actually say anything about looks in her explanation. She clearly laid out the practical reasons.

Most Helpful Guys

• FinalFantasyBro
    That is really good for you, I usually hear about older men and younger women couples so seeing or hearing about the opposite younger men and older women couples is a freshed change of pace.
    Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?
    • Anonymous

It's part of the reason why I wanted to make this post. I wanted to break the stigma (at least a little )

• Well you have definitely did

• TheFlak38
    her ovaries dried out because she was too busy banging billions of men during her prime and she was ready to blame the man if she couldn't have children. Another disgusting piece of trash.
    LikeDisagree 7 People
    Is this still revelant?
    • Quigly

That's a good point, If she wanted to have children why wouldn't she have had them before she became a raisin? Thumbs up for you Sir.

• Anonymous

I actually have had 2 kids so my ovaries are clearly not dried up

• TheFlak38

you're a piece of trash who shouldn't breed at all

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1222
  • Ayanna240
    Studies have shown that BOTH men and women tend to be happier with younger partners. But huge age gaps tend to also have bigger decreases in marriage satisfaction in later years. By the time has 44 and you're 60, there is going to be sexual incompatibility, huge differences in energy. He might still be riding motorcycles while you can barely keep up with him during a walk in the park. Statistics have shown that marriages with huge age gaps tend to have a bigger decrease in satisfaction and are more likely to divorce.

I highly don't recommend marriages with huge age gaps for both men and women. One day it will just come back to bite you in the ass.
    LikeDisagree 4 People
    • what exactly is a "big age gap" according to you?

• @imbeingmyself You are very right, but if you really love someone, that is rare, and the rarity itself takes precedence.

• Ayanna240

@PositiveNote

It’s much easier said than done to be with someone so incompatible and older than you. Sure you can stay with them but at the back of your mind, you secretly know that your life could’ve been so much better

• Diodoro
    Energy and stamina are kind of the same thing. So more like three things, but that makes sense. I've been into older women since I was 15 lol. Had a thing with a 23 year old when I was 16. Pretty consistently dated older until 18-19, when I dated a girl my age.

After her from like 19-23 I dated my age or older until I met my ex who was 19 year old. After that tho I just didn't care. I mostly dare in the 23-36 range now. One girl was 40 but I was mostly being a hoe lmao
    Disagree 1 Person
  • ronaldo75
    These are all the exact same reason that men say we want younger women but when we do it we're called borderline pedophiles. Ah but when women do it, it's celebrated. Someone explain this to me?
    LikeDisagree 4 People
    • Anonymous

I think women actually get a lot more flack for dating younger men. I'm not saying men don't get it when dating younger women, but that's a lot more acceptable by society then when the gender roles are reversed

• Avicenna

It looks to me like older women are celebrated for it since it's assumed to be about money when the man is much older but that the older women did it by being more desirable.

If anyone's judging the older women more harshly, I'd wager it's other women, not men

• Massageman
    No arguments from me. The fit- of a younger male with an older female- is much more in line with human biology.
    Like 1 Person
    • Flower7

Why do you think it fits biology better?

• Anonymous

@Flower7 It's a lot easier for an older woman to get pregnant from a younger man.

Also, their sex drives are usually a lot more in sync (women's sex drives often increase as they get older)

• Massageman

Thanks. I wasn't thinking about "playing the odds" with more motile sperm cells, but this is also a good point. I was just thinking more of the "sync" of their drives as you explained so well.

• Avicenna
    Although I did have some hookups with much older women when I was a young adult, there is no way I would have dated much less married one. It's just not something many guys in their 20s want to do. If that works for you, great.

But I find it hilarious when an "older" woman thinks that men her age don't have a "high energy level" or can't get them pregnant. And the stamina in bed thing, well, I'd imagine that varies from man to man (I haven't seen a drop-off yet).
    • Usbf8deg

Wow never saw you so animated

• Avicenna

@Usbf8deg: Really? That’s animated?

One other thing to keep in mind, Asker, is that you didn’t have kids. No way is a guy in his 20s going to date or marry a woman in her early 40s who has kids.

• VIVANT

Lots of people don’t have kids.

• alpha_aude
    I met a cute 18 yo guy not long ago, I didn’t dare ask for his contact because of the age gap. I regret that now, he was so fresh and sweet it felt great to meet someone like him. Recently the guys my age I dated were all losers and pessimists, that guy was different and make me realise there’s still bubbly guys out there.
    Like 2 People
  • devilish-cutie
    for me its cause they look better lol
    butthen again im in so many ways like "stereotypial guy"
    Like 3 People
    • Justme1290

What is "young" for a 31-year old as yourself, 20?

• @Justme1290 shoot i meant younger than me, i wouldn't actually date someone 10 years younger, but 5 i ok. yet u never know maybe with 40 , 30 year old man won't seem that young...

• t-8900
    Age is a number. It shouldn't determine who you fall in love with. Consenting adults need to be respected and left alone. Celebrate their love, don't condemn them because you're too closed off in your bubble and bitter
    LikeDisagree 2 People
  • bamesjond0069
    "are a lot less inclined to expect the woman they're with to conform to gender roles" this is really what this is all about. Lets be honest.
    LikeDisagree 3 People
    • Anonymous

It's apart of it, but I listed a few other reasons too

• Sure. But it all revolves around this. You have to give up traditional roles in all or part for an older woman younger man relationship where there is a significant gap. Many men and women know this and will not be into that no matter how many other reasons for being in a relationship like this they have. Only the gender benders would do this because those are women with no care for feminine role and men who dont care to be masculine. Personally it makes me sick to even think about but thats why im in a traditional relationship.

• yrdady
    I've been into older women since I was 25 and then I started being interested in same age women. Now I'm interested in younger women. I guess I'm really inconsistent.
  • KrakenAttackin
    OK it works for you. I am willing to bet you are an alpha chick and he is pretty beta.
    LikeDisagree 4 People
    • Anonymous

Why do yo u assume that?

• Flower7
    Better looking is another reason.
    Like 5 People
    • Anonymous

My husband's muscular body was a big plus (and something very, very few guys my age have). When I saw his rock hard abs my mind exploded

• You sound like a fantasist

• Flower7

@MrPlentiful I like attractive guys.

• Kitty46
    I’m 51, I’m on a dating site, men who are 36,37 or 33 are interested in me.
    Like 1 Person
  • Quigly
    I have never dated an older woman that worked out for me. She is usually with younger guys under the idea that they are naive and she can control them easier. It always ends up in complete failure.
  • Rachel794
    Reverse the roles. The man would be accused if he wanted to date a woman 16 years younger than him.
    Like 1 Person
  • PositiveNote
    Here's the thing, a guy really becomes successful in his business and fully grows into physical maturity in his late 30s - early 40s. A girl really becomes a mature, sexy, beautiful woman—pretty much from the later teens! That's often why so many men go for younger because it's easy to impress a 19-yo compared to trying impress a 35yo.

However, I see so many old women who out live their partners by decades and it makes me sad. I really think that women marrying younger would be to an advantage for both partners, really. Although there is no guarantee to length of life for anyone, it would seem that living your elderly decades together would be much less painful.
    LikeDisagree 2 People
  • Nik1hil
    You go girl.
    You bagged that 16 yr younger guy... That's awesome..
    Have wild sex with him..
    Disagree 1 Person
  • TheAfrikan
    Young men are always lively strong and well as they make an old woman feel once again young no matter the age.
    Disagree 1 Person
  • Usbf8deg
    Im a follower and have daddy and mommy issues. I am subservient. I need a daddy figure husband not some boy
  • Zoi420
    For me, neither wants kids. I don’t want baggage. Not stuck in a their ways. Plus lot of energy.
    • Anonymous

I guess the age gap factor can work either way. For me being with a younger guy was beneficial because I wanted kids (but hadn't had them). Someone my age is a lot more likely to be done with the kids thing (or just not want them if they don't have them at this point). Also, his more fertile sperm made pregnancy for me easier than someone my age (at least from what I understand)

But I can see it working the other way too. Maybe the guy isn't worried about commitment or wanting kids and you just want a fun time.

• MzAsh
    Young, willing, able, and eager to please.
    LikeDisagree 4 People
  • dorno
    guys like milfs thats it
    LikeDisagree 3 People
    • Anonymous

I'm talking about long term relationships, not fettishes. If a guy's got a MILF fettish (and that's it) he'll sleep with her a few times and leave before any real commitment happens (not the case with my husband, obviously)

• K-I-S-S
    So now i know why my girlfriend picked me 🤔
    • Ayanna240

A 6 yr age difference is not that much.

• K-I-S-S

Often times it feels like it is, considering these points.

Although my fitness level is also way higher 🤔

• K-I-S-S

Also she did say she likes that i'm younger and had her own list of reasons. We started dating when i was 19 and her 25. Later in life it doesn't seem as much, it does when younger

• jimmy2
    Lol i looking for 40ish
    Like 2 People
  • Yahall0
    Wow😂👍 I feel confident
    Disagree 1 Person
  • WowwGirl
    Pretty much
    • WowwGirl

And trainable/ not jaded

• Avicenna

"Trainable"? That says it all... LMAO

• bulletbob555
    Good for you.
  • Anonymous
    Tbh you suck. I hate reading women’s opinions on here. They always suck for some reason. Also what the hell would a guy want with a woman 16 years older? And vice versa.
    Disagree 2 People
  • Anonymous
    They look better, fuck better and not insecure and controlling like older men
    Like 1 Person
  • Anonymous
    Like it is your choice. Go right ahead and you will get whomever you can attract and keep. I am sure that they will be real winners, but then again you will be a good match
  • Anonymous
    You can date whomever you want. But if guys want to date women 16 year younger than them, they get a lot of shame too
  • Anonymous
    I've heard women say that the thought of a younger man makes them disgusted.
    Like 1 Person
  • Anonymous
    Agree. I like guys younger only too.
    LikeDisagree 3 People
  • Anonymous
    Wanting to be with younger men and actually being able to are two different things. By your age most men have the freedom to date younger women, which is obviously preferable for most men.
    LikeDisagree 3 People
    • Ayanna240

there's always older men chasing younger women. If she's 40, she would have 50 something yr old men chasing her. If she's 55, she probably has 60 yr old men chasing her. But reality is men grow much less attractive as they hit 40-50s, so these older women probably prefer men in their 30s.

• Anonymous

@Ayanna240 They can prefer men in their 30s all they want, but as I already said, actually getting them is a different thing altogether.

• Ayanna240

some men don't mind an older woman. In fact, some men only want to date older women.