I recently saw a comment from an anonymous female GAG member in her 40s who stated that men her age she met when dating were threatened by her career. The purpose of the Take is to explain why that was very unlikely and also to explain what she may have misinterpreted.
Reasons Why a Guy Likes It When His girlfriend or Wife Has a Great Career.
1) She contributes more to your joint finances/he doesn't have to pay for everything
Let's face it- the cost of living is high these days and it's great if you can share expenses when it comes to dates, vacations and other activities.
2) It's a feather in a guy's cap if his girlfriend or wife has a good-paying job.
This is signaling- if he can attract a high-earning girlfriend or wife, he must have something on the ball, especially given the relatively high prevalence of hypergamy among high-earning women.
3) She's more confident/not insecure about losing her man
4) She can help him expand or strengthen his professional network
So what might a guy not react positively to?
1) If she's arrogant about her career- indicates she might think no one is good enough for her (except of course to pay for the first date).
2) Signs she is hypergamous and isn't really interested in him.
So what do you think? I don't think a guy that has a problem with a woman having a professional career would even make it to a first date with one.