1 mo

A cute pet increases your chances in the dating market

Dawty

Many of us love animals, whether we are lucky enough to call ourselves pet owners, or whether the dream of that title has yet to come true.

Now it turns out that having a little furry friend at home can bring better things than most of us thought. At least if the furry friend is a dog. Dogs proves to be a way to more love and here we are not only talking about the unconditional love from the dogs themselves, but from others on the dating market!

Selfies with dogs attract more matches
Figures from the dating app Tinder show that the clever trick of including dogs in one's selfies, increases the chances of obtaining new matches. A survey of 1,000 users shows, among other things, that 29% of users have tried the dog trick, and that people with a dog in their profile picture achieve 5% more matches on average.
If you are not part of this percentage group, and if you have a dog nearby, there are good reasons to do your experiment!

The New Tinder feature makes it easier to match with other animal friends
If your Husky, Golden Retriever or your German Shepherd is your everything, and you want to find a date who understands that the dog comes first, then a good tip is to make use of Tinder's brand-new Explore function.
Here, users who are fond of dogs can interact and match with each other and perhaps meet for a dog date. If your furry friend is going on a date, then here is four ideas for activities you can do with your new match AND your faithful companion.

Tinder's four ideas for dates where the wagging tails can be invited along
1. Beach date: Take your best friend and your date for a trip to the beach and enjoy the weather and the ocean waves together. There are many dog beaches around the country where dogs can cool off and swim in the sea with you – and your date, of course.
2. Legend meeting: Find a friendly park environment or visit a dog playground with your date, where dogs are welcome and where you can play freely with other dogs, while you also get time to get to know each other better.
3. Picnic in the park: Buy takeaway from a food truck and find a good picnic spot in a nearby green area where dogs are welcome and can run around and play freely while you enjoy your takeaway on a blanket on the lawn.
4. Dog-friendly Cafe: Meet your date at a dog-friendly cafe and enjoy both drinks and friendly company simultaneously. There is a sea of covered farm cafes, and if the weather permits, you can enjoy the sun's rays under the open sky.

source: https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/tinder-launching-singles-dogs-dating-23908481

28
9
9Girl Opinion
28Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Girl

• Monica1984_

Yes their chick magnets and ice breakers.

LikeFunnyDisagree 6 People
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

828
  • TrueConfection

We have a dog friendly cafe/bar and a LOT of men take their dog as their obvious "wingman".

I was there recently and a guy was sitting with his dog, cradling it like a baby in his arms and talking to it. The women gathered like a flock of seagulls on a bag of chips.

Reply
  • Guffrus

Yes, we all like animals more than people, this isn't news.

Also, you shouldn't date someone who owns a dog because some of them, more than you would like to think, are fucking those dogs, yes, the women too.

So, there are a number of variables to consider.

Reply
  • Adam1978

I can't agree, it's only a plus if the person likes the same pets. So a dog is big negative for people like me that doesn't want a dog in our lives. Cats on the other hand is cute but it's really not something that increases her odds. A person that dislike animals is a no go but there is no benefit to have them in the picture.

Reply
  • Massageman

It shows that you can relate to others living beings, and care for them as well.

It provides a good ice breaker/starting point/ common middle ground/ topic for discussion for those with whom you might want to create a relationship.

I miss our Boston - - - - - -
    I miss our Boston - - - - - -
    Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • Wade12345

I want a relationship (and sex) with a woman, not her pet. I don't want an animal in the conversation between me and her. You're going to talk to me face to face and put the pet out of the house. Your'e not going to talk to your pet and emote through your pet.

Reply
  • Fireguy17

It doesn't hurt, but now you have to take the dog into consideration.

How long can you be gone before you have to let the dog out.

Things are going great at her house but you have to leave to take the dog out.

Things like that need to be thought about.

That's why I have cats.

Reply
    • red324

I've noticed this problem as well. I've lost a lot of pussy since getting my dog between him trashing my house and me not being able to spend the night at her house because DJ needs to go pee pee.

• Fireguy17

@red324 I had a shi zu that I used to watch for a friend, and then he became mine full time.
      He was a chick magnet, but I had the same issue, but he was small enough not to cause an issue.
      I made it work, but it did take extra effort.

• red324

What do you mean? You just cleaned up the poop and pee the next day?

• captain_voidwalker

I don't realy think it does but ill tell ya this bitch is the best bitch I ever had in my house

LikeFunny 4 People
    Reply
  • TenderFantasy

I didn't get a dog to increase my chances with dating. That's just immature.

I didn't get my dog. She was a part of my family already. Actually it was my brother who had this mindset lol.

Reply
  • MelvinGeek

I disagree personally.

I would rather the person I'm dating have NO pets, and if they do, it will be one that we both adopted together. Kind of like having a kid.

Reply
  • BlacklightShade

Not always

Funny 1 Person
    Reply
  • hahahmm

And the list of things women say a man needs to have gets longer.

Funny 1 Person
    Reply
  • TheSpaceGnome

I prefer women with cats or terrarium pets like tarantulas.

I don't dislike giving attention to dogs, but they are too high maintenance, too messy, and they break things often.

Reply
  • MikeInHawaii

One of the news magazine shows did an experiment and a guy got more phone numbers while walking a puppy than he got while driving a Jaguar convertible.

Reply
  • LexiXide

No it just shows how ugly you are compared to your cute pet lmao jk

Funny 1 Person
    Reply
  • red324

They usually tell me how cute my dog is and never get any compliments about my looks. Shit that dog gets all the attention.

Funny 2 People
    Reply
  • ODC2112

A person who posts pictures of animals while attempting to search for men only means one thing, which is emotionally unavailable. So it's there to tease you and waste your time. Please avoid.

Reply
  • Screenwriter

A pet only increases your chances with other pet lovers/owners.

Those who aren't interested in dogs, cats, exotic birds, or who have allergies to them don't want to commit to a person AND a pet.

I enjoy OTHER people's pets because I see them infrequently, don't have to take them to the vet, feed them, de-flea them, wash them, tend to them when they're sick or entertain them. Having a pet means you have to take care of something else and they cost money.

Don't get me wrong. I grew up with dogs for 18 years and had cats for 40 years. But, I like my freedom to come and go, and the savings in time and money. For those who want to take care of something, I suppose it can be an attractant.

I'd rather take care of friends and family.

Reply
    • GlassTop

I agree. After having pets for so long, taking care and spending money gets tiring. It’s basically a child substitute. I prefer getting weird animals now like insects. Only feed once a week, nothing much to clean, and they still live 14 years or more. Just more eye candy than an actual pet.

• @GlassTop Do you REALLY think they're a child substitute? Pets don't speak, never grow up and you never see the fruits of your labor as after raising a child. Sure, there's the chance your child experiment won't go well, but how often does that happen. 80 percent of the time, kids turn out fine.

• GlassTop

Pets aren’t child substitutes. But people treat them like their own flesh and blood. That’s my point.

• monkeynutts

I am cool with it, because dogs are an important part of my life, I like them more than most people, If a woman didn't like my dog she would have zero percent chance of dating me.

Reply
  • backdoorman

Yes, I think so. My motto has always been never trust someone who doesn't love dogs.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • worldscolide

You're not wrong, my cats are a huge reason I got laid as often as I did before I got married.

Reply
  • Show More (16)