What should girls expect when dating German guys?

*German insight to be greatly appreciated πŸ˜™

89

Most Helpful Guy

• We're talking about stereotypes here, obviously. Most of them are nice and gentle guys. But unfortunately you may find them boring as they tend to always occupy themselves with the same few hobbies they have. There is a high chance that the guy you'll meet will either want to spend his free time in nature, walking, running, working out or in a beer hall drinking until the house is closed. Which is fun if you do it once in a while or during a traditional festival, but every weekend it's becoming boring as hell. That's the reason I don't spend much time with my German friends. The only thing they do is drinking in a beer hall. And I personally don't like alcoholic drinks.
    When you're going to watch a movie with him you must expect it to be dubbed in German. Like 99% of Germans watch their movies like this which I find ugly and stupid. If you'll insist to watch a movie in the original sound he will probably complain that the sound is bad while in reality he doesn't know English well enough and subtitles in non-English speaking movies are also something he cannot do. Something else they like to do is travelling. Germany is in the centre of Europe and you can quickly go to any of the neighbouring countries with a train or car (usually the Czecj Republic for cheap holidays)
    I repeat, this is all about stereotypes. If the one you'l meet or have recently met seems to be something special, then good for you.

Most Helpful Girl

• @TheFlack38 she needs u on this one hahaha

• @TheFlak38 mistyped sry :(

• @Yumix Says the 28 year old student who hardly ever read a book that wasn't assigned to him by his marxist university teacher. By the way I suggest you go and think of some new labels, because words like "intolerant" and "racist" do not work anymore. Not just on me but on White people generally speaking.
      https://za.pinterest.com/pin/389842911471465244/

• @TheFlak38 whatever makes you happy. not gonna waste more time with someone like you.

What Guys Said 8

• Germans are full of surprises. You can nazi them coming.

• They are a nein/10 in bed.

• Guys are pretty serious in Germany, there aren't as many guys looking for one night stands and the like. Sure there are some, but it's not so common.

• Should I expect for them to still be texting other girls even if they tell me they like me? What do German guys expect from girls dating-wise after they tell them they like them?

• Oh wow cool! Then no playing mind games with German guys then? Wheew!

• You'd better not feed their stereotypes about US girls or they'll tell everyone in sight what you did...

• 0|0
  • well, I study in Germany but I don't date them lol but if you have specific questions I will try to answer them lol

• Should I expect German guys to text other girls too aside from me when we've already gone on a few dates? Or do they tend to focus their attention on just the girl they're dating and expects the same from her?

• I don't think that this differs a lot from other countries. If someone finds you interesting enough to go on multiple dates, then they'll focus their effort on you. I don't know anyone personally who dated multiple girls at the same time. But there are 80 million Germans and my friend circle is limited, so that's of course to be taken with a grain of salt

• Expect a lot of beer, sausages, and purification.

• What do you want to know about us? lol

• I've read about Germans being true to their words. Like you guys don't say things to anyone just to be nice or polite.
      If you meet someone from far far away and you say you like them and would want to meet again, do you guys actually mean it?

• Oh and one more thing...
      How does dating usually transition to officially being a couple in Germany? How can we tell if this guy wants to be exclusive?

• Well, usually you're friends first and when you start kissing or holding hands you know you're in a relationship or at least are open to having one. Or you just ask directly if you want to be in a relationship.

Do you already have a job offer? Is it close to where he lives? Do you already know which state in Germany you'll be moving to?

What Girls Said 7

• I don't know many Germans and haven't met many. But when I was 16 I was sexually harassed by a group of tipsy German men (and one of them touched my butt).

• I think young German people tend to be pretty liberal and open-minded. I lived in Berlin, and there is a large number of hipsters there, but I think that's not representative of the whole nation. Also beer and dΓΆner are culture, you better like thoe two babies :D

• interesting.. never met a German before and never dated one either.

• They are pretty kinky and open minded

• I am used to date germans, what d you want to know? :)

• So how do you know if you've already entered the exclusively dating stage? πŸ˜ƒ

• The problem is that they are very reserved so they will tell you this things when they feel very comfortable around you or when they text you drunk at 3 am. The germans that I have dated, I usually had to make the first move, text them first, etc because they are used to German girls making the first move.

• And if they text other girls it depends how serious he is with you, after 3 dates i guess you can say is serious.

• I don't know about dating but I do have a friend thats german and he's like very very nice and thoughtful. He has said some things that confused me at first but I later found put it was the language barrier.

• I've heard generally german guys don't do house chores and are machos. Is that true?

• no lol, okay some maybe...

• thank you for understanding... yeah, it's just the expectation I don't like, and the hypocrisy... but if she doesn't expect it I'm happy with paying. I come from an old-fashioned family and it just feels natural to me that the guy pays for dinner and drinks... so I always do that... but there are also lots of people who believe in total equality in everything and splitting every bill (not a fan of that, but whatever floats your boat, right?)... the splitting bill thing is becoming really popular in Europe, lots of people do it now... did he pay for you when you met or did you split?

• @menan111 he paid for both of us. I was very gracious for the thoughtfulness of course but I wanted to make sure he didn't get the idea that i expected him to do it. I had no problems splitting the bill but he insisted he was happy to pay for both.
      The problem I think nowadays is that everyone's too obsessed about social norms which just makes everything so complicated.
      If someone wants to do something nice for you, let them do it. Don't expect them to do it. Let them do it on their own accord. Just remember to return the favor even if they don't ask you to :)