I'm a 14 year old Freshman, and I recently found out the girl I had a crush on is in sixth grade. Would it make me perverted if we went out?

A girl I thought was pretty caught my eye at a local park, so we got to know each other. It's been established that we both like each other, and we only have a 2 year difference (She's 12). Turns out though, she is in sixth grade.. Now I feel dirty and try to avoid her. She usually stares at me when I'm walking down the street or I'm on the other side of the park, so recently I decided to text her saying this "Hey. Just so we're on the same page, you're too young." She responded with "Ok. Idc". But I'm at least 80% positive she was lying. Her friends tells me she likes me too. I feel really uncomfortable when we are around each other now, and I act like I'm not interested. I still can't get over her though, because when I see her I genuinely can't explain the excitement. Is that wrong? Should I keep avoiding her? Should I let her know we should just be friends? Would I look like a pedophile if we went out? I asked my friends what they think and 1 said that he doesn't care, but it would be a little weird, another friend says that he thinks we'd be a cute couple. The internet says that I should wait until I'm a senior and she's a freshman. What should I do? I really like her, but I need to know if that is wrong. Hopefully someone has had a somewhat similar experience? A girl maybe? I already understand what conceqences may occur, but I'm only concerned with the morality of the situation. I know she still likes me, and is waiting for me to make a move. Any advice or opinions are welcome. You can tell me the harsh truth if you'd like. Don't try to sugar coat.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honesty if you guys really wanna date, wait a few years.. I mean when you hear 14-12 dating, it's wrong but like eventually 19-17 dating doesn't seem weird now right? My parents have like 4-5 years difference but of course they were in their 20s when they dated

Most Helpful Guy

• Nothing wrong at all.

What Girls Said 1

• it would be wrong to date her

What Guys Said 2

• Pervert. Touch her, and you'll get your ass kicked.

• Hit that pussy hard

• Lmao, you right. But real shit, statutory rape much?

• It's not a crime unless your caught and if you marry her first it's legal as its law that you can't have can't have sex with a minor that isn't your wife.