Do girls even realise the power they have?

Do girls actually even realise the power they have over guys? Guys literally live to get girls and sex, this allows girls to manipulate or get the guy to do almost anything they want. Since in dating girls are the ones with all the power boys constantly buy girls things, do generous acts and more just to impress and potentially win the girls heart while she just has to be selective and take advantage of such.

Most girls can literally flirt and say sexually suggestive things and through that get guys to do whatever they want. Also guys are soooo much more polite and willing to do things than girls are for guys. Do girls even realise the power they have? They are constantly overwhelmed with attention and specialtreatment.

6360

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• It doesn't matter, all of that power goes as they age. Besides, a lot of men do not realize that a woman only has as much power over them as they allow her. If you guys stopped being so desperate things would be different.

Turn down sex as much as you have it... then you will see how different things can be...

What Girls Said 62

• I do. That doesn't mean I like it. It sucks that guys are so easy.

• I'm not easy :P

• Right...

• I find it humorous that people can't believe this. Lol

• I don't know if that's us having power, or y'all being super easily swayed.

• Whats the difference? So you have noticed this power?

• You are generalizing way too much, what about the men who POOF right after the first date? Basically the MEN who stop texting you all of the sudden.

The men who get cold feet before getting married?
    Men who just stop giving the right attention to a woman because they might prefer another one?

I agree with what you say, but it goes for BOTH genders, both have things under control, but IT TAKES TWO to make a bright decision and it TAKES TWO to get attracted :)

Thank you <3

• 1. An even larger percentage of women use men for a first date to get a free dinner and never call or realise they aren't interested.
      Even if after the first date the guy realises he's not interested and doesn't call her back, he still shouted her a free dinner/ lunch. Also keep in mind in order to get her to accept he probably went through a lot.
      2. The man literally gets on his knees and begs her for her hand in marriage, that is a completely showing higher power from the females end. Also again, just as many if not more women get cold feet before mariage.
      3. Just as many women cheat as men.

• @estoydorado1 ok I get where you getting at and yes, men can simply say no. You are right in that sense. But then we saying no to sex, love and Intimacy. So we don't have to chase women or pay women, but then we will die virgins. That's our choice.

So in terms of sexual power, women have that. Everything else is fair game.

I used the prozzie argument because it's blatant evidence of the sexual power women have over men.

• @Scrambledagain Lol, yes. I've seen some men do some highly regrettable things over a smile. But there are a lot of women out here that don't enjoy men's suffering. So it's always baffling to me when men get involved with wicked chicks, who asked men to do crazy things for small sexual favors, and then those guys go around acting like every female is manipulative, and selfish.

• Yeah, maybe. However, that's a double-edged sword in my opinion.

In case you haven't noticed, most of the guys a girl has 'power' over (solely because she's a girl, at least) are the ones who want nothing more from her than to get their dicks wet. Seeing as how I'm not, nor have I ever been, interested in casual sex or anything of that sort, I think it's safe to say that this 'pussy power' has never worked in my favour. It's made me have to deal with a ton of creeps and have to put up a front with EVERY guy I develop an interest in just to make sure that we're on the same page.

• Some guys on here act like it's so easy for women to get what they want. If it was so easy for women who wanted relationships to get one, then all the girls who want a relationship would be in one

• @thepathtonowhere exactly! Sure, it might be easy for most girls to get some action, physically speaking. However, these same guys seem to forget that doesn't negate the fact that not only do girls have standards, but that most girls (as a result of biology not to mention ideas society has put into our minds as we grew up) would prefer a guy who wants them in a relationship-sense; not solely as a place to put their dicks.

• Women only have that power over weak men. Strong men.. the kind of men most women want... can easily tip the balance of power in their favor.

• Upvote-worthy honesty is upvote-worthy.

• sorry, not "up-vote" worthy. The fact is that with all young men, they are after sex. But that doesn't mean it is all they are after. Most men are looking for a relationship also. But ultimately, at least early in the relationship, men are going to do whatever they need to do to show her he is sincere to get sex. Unfortunately, young women place WAY WAY too high an importance on the meaning of sex and treat it like it is some ultimate sacrament. If they just had sex and got it out of the way, they would be much happier in relationships. It is important in any relationship. If a guy bails right after, he wasn't worth having. So why not find that out quickly. Luckily, when women get in their 40's, they turn into men in their teens. Women I date are sexually ferocious and most times sex happens by the 3rd date at the latest.

• @godfatherfan I'm not sure I understand how that relates to anything

• Lol, this is amazing. You really don't understand how this happened? First of all, I don't disagree that women have the upper hand in some aspects of life, but then again so do guys. Secondly, the irony of this entire argument is that men give that power to women. Your talking about women being able to make men jump through hoops like women have mind control or something. A lot of guys give women that sort of power (no one is holding a gun to your head), and I stay hearing men lament all the trials females have put them through. You guys that constantly complain about women's "unfair power over you" are effectively putting yourselves on blast.

• I agree its men that give them that power.
      But thats it, im aware of it and dont stand for it but that doesn't mean 90% of other guys feel the same.
      I don't know why men are like this, maybe they are just more attracted to women than women are to men, I don't know but its definitely more geared toward eomen in regard to relationships and dating.

• Yeah, I feel like it's a cycle too. Women (not all but some) can get really snotty because guys are lining up to pander to them, especially if the girl is really attractive. As a result, guys have to bend over backwards to get any attention from these women because that woman will have several other guys lined up. It's a vicious cycle.
      I've always really respected guys with standards and who stuck to their guns where it counted, though. I've never had any use for yes men/women, I want my life to progress, not stagnate.

• Does it not occur to you that some of us don't want just sex or immature guys just chasing us for the sake of it? Who cares if women have more "power" to manipulate men into sex or simply to give us attention, when there are plenty of women who are actually looking for the that all-elusive decent man, who values loyalty and integrity, and wants to hold onto a good woman when he has her, not "test the waters" to see if she's actually the "best" he can get. This so-called power you think women have doesn't do us any good when there seems to be a huge deficiency in decent men.

• Well the girls who im friends with, whenever i read their messages or notifications it really makes me realise how much more polite, helpful and willing men are to buy stuff for women in comparison, as well as the difference in attention they get.
      I check her messages and she literally has hundreds of gaying trying to get will her and she just half of them, guys get no where near this level of attention.

• Why does she have to be nice and sweet to every guy who harasses her or asks her out? Guys are persistent, the only way we make it clear seems to be by blatantly ignoring them (which according to this site guys think means she's interested. Dumb) or we are blunt and to the point. But asides from that, there are plenty of guys who get overwhelming attention and plenty of women who get none, so it does absolutely no good to generalize when that just isn't everyone's experience.

• Girls have power when guys give them that power. Noone tells you to buy presents, act generous etc. to get a girl. If that's how you play the game then good luck. You're only going to find girls that take advantage of the power you give them.

Most girls can flirt and be suggestive? Yeah sure, and then in some cases get harassed or worse because the guy will be like: she pulled the trigger.

So I disagree with you. It's guys that give girls the opportunity to take advantage of the power given. You don't need to shower a girl with presents or pretend niceties to impress her. If that's what you want to do then expect someone to take advantage of that. Grow some balls, love isn't grown from presents and 'acts' of generosity. Be real, be yourself, value yourself and respect your and her/his boundries.

• Nothing wrong with presents and acting generous

• @Brah63926 I never said it was wrong to give presents and act generous. It's just that men and women will in some cases take advantage of it. Just keep it in proportion. He doesn't need to shower her with gifts if all she does it shove him deeper into the dirt.

• I think lots of girls don't. I always wondered why... like some girls can be so anxious about pleasing him in bed w/o even knowing him, like it's a new boyfriend or even a hookup. So it occurred to me, maybe they got anxious because it was a really hot or popular guy instead of a more average guy. So I'd say with the really attractive guys, girls can feel really helpless. And it's a shame too, since lots of guys like that can have issues or not care about her at all. Players are evilll. But also sexy. Until he betrays you.

• I have yet to date a guy who truly would do anything for me. They do when we start dating but as soon as they as you say "get what they want" then the tables turn, and I've found myself being manipulated by the guy. Then when I speak up for myself they are the one blaming me for their actions.

• That's why i don't look forward into dating anyone.

• Girls have complete power in dating, guys are more easily attracted and often go out of their way to impress/ win girls over.
      Girls even when interested (no where near as often) dont go near to the extent of men.

• Women only have the power that you give us, just as men only have the power than we given them.
    In other words, grow a spine.

• Men dont gove women thag power for no reason. They give it because they so much more/ easily attracted to women

• I don't think being more "willing" to do things for leverage for sexual favors is what being "polite" means. Like that isn't polite at all in my opinion, that's being manipulative.

And sure we do, that's why i try not to talk to men. I don't assume that EVERY man who's nice wants to bone me, but if they make it explicit they do, then I'll avoid them at all costs.

• I don't know why men complain about the "unfairness" and then continue doing this dumb shit. And what's worse, is y'all get mad at US, like many of us don't even want it to begin with. Blame it on your fellow thirty men for making things so "unfair".

• @TripleAce that's not kicking men while down. Lots of men are genuinely being creepy or disgusting.

• @amphet11 so EVERY man who's nice to women (who aren't relatives I assume) is merely trying to gain access to our bedroom? That sounds extremely cynical and ridiculous tbh

• Attractive women = yes
    Average looking women = maybe if they really try
    But ugly women? = hell no.

• stop repeating this tired bullshit. it is false.

• Yeah, I realize the power, but I just don't use it. I know how to keep my legs closed, even when all the guys are swarming around me. 馃槉

• The fact that you know you can if you wanted? How does that make you feel? You could make them do anything for you and they would without hesitation. Whats ur opinion on it?

• I know, but I don't use people. 馃槉

• 0|0
    • This was fucking hilarious for some reason.

• No only the pretty ones.

• What a wimp lmfao

• Yeah i do know that. But i just don't usually fall for those guys who do those kind of things, i just don't like guys who are willing to be my "pet" or treat me as if I'm some kind of godess. I don't easily fall for anyone who buys me super expensive gifts on every occasion or willing to pay for dates everytime (I'm not saying those things are bad, I'm just saying that it'd be useless anyway since i really don't need or crave those kind of things) What i want is somebody who is able to realize his privilege and self worth, but at the same time being able to know how to treat me with respect but also know how to respect himself ( let just say that i don't want them to lower themself or anything like that, I want to date someone who is able to act like themself, i don't want to date a guy who is always tolerants me towards things )

• I don't use my "power" to manipulate guys lol, its either I like you or I don't, I don't want to play with you. And girls risk things almost as much as guys if not more sometimes, we not all manipulative

• Its still more power than guys have.
      Girls simply need to be average and up on looks and guys seem to swarm them with attention and special treatment. Most guys seem to be attracted to girls who are friendly and moderately attractive.
      Where as most girls aren't even attracted to handsome guys, they need to meet all these requirements before they csn feel attracted and have the power be equal.

• Like I said a girl can get played in the same way, and it's not bad to have a preference everyone likes what they like and that doesn't mean we all have impossible standards

• I realise. Makes me a bit wary and uncomfortable though because most men misinterpret my niceness as flirting and I don't want to lead anyone on so I try my best to make my intentions clear.

• 1. Are you straight?
      2. Do you feel like girls have more power over guys?

• very few women can get guys to do things that they truly dont want to do, and in those cases when they can they usually had to make the guy invested in her, typically by putting out and having sex with him before. After that she can probably ask the guy to do significant things for her.
      If they dont know each other and are just flirting, women might be able to get a free drink at most, but i wouldn't call that having any significant kind of power.

• all women are bi

• First of all I have never done anything on the list that you said. Second I usually get the guys that attach themselves to me who are immature and live off of drama or act like they are in high school still. Also a guy doesn't have to buy me anything all the time every once in a while I would probably just want flowers but that's about it. I would actually want a decent guy who really cares about me not use me and lie to me just so he can have his fun while looking for someone better then me when he doesn't see what's in front of him is a decent person that doesn't need to treated like trash.

• I don't I tend to not know they are like that because they like to put up an act like they are a nice guy but once they get to the there motives they end up doing a complete 360 on me and start to treat me like I'm dirt beneath their shoe.

• Yes. More women should realize this as well.

• So your aware of it? How does it make you feel?

• it really doesn't matter, most women cannot use this "power" of attraction for anything significant anyway.

• You make the assumption buying things for women helps to win her heart. That's bs, and actually an insult too.

I don't know for anybody else, but i don't want a complete circusact trying to get laid. Because al those generous things you do is just that: an act.

Just be yourself otherwise it's just fake.

Either there is a click or there's not. Buying things or "acting" generous don't matter.

• I don't have to manipulate to get a man... this is wrong and incorrect on so many levels. I was brought up to never go chasing after a man, and to never throw myself at one either. i know that if I'm meant to be with a guy , it'll happen naturally. if you have to manipulate to get someone then you're better off working on yourself or being by yourself. before trying to be with somebody.

• That is the biggest problem with women today. You want equality. But you have been told not to go after men. If you want to be equals then you should have to go after men like we are expected to go after women. I would love to have a woman do that with me. I have basically stopped dating. I put myself out on POF, OkCupid and Tinder. If a woman sends me a message, and I am interested, I will pursue it. At least I know she is truly interested and not just out for free dates. I have had a number of women that just wanted free meals.

• Girls only have power and control over males if they're deemed attractive.

• Girls only have power over pathetic boys.
    Wealthy, handsome or intelligent boys are not that pussy kind of people you are describing.
    I don't really use that "power" unless it's something I find harmless to the boy, like homework.
    I wouldn't ever use it to get free stuff or a slave to carry my stuff around or be my personal driver, simply because I'm not a bad person.

• Its still more power than guys have.

• Only pathetic boys. There are a lot of them, yes, but that's their own fault. They just need to stop being stupid and realize there are prostitus and sex toys so they keep they stop humillating themselves for sex.

• Guys who are financially mid-class and/or average looking can be smart in that regard as well.

• Another bitter question by the same loser who is jealous of the girls he is trying but can't date.

• U deny girls hsve power over guys?

• Haha that is so funny because to me it seems the guy has much more power! He is the one to usually make the first move and the girl has to sit back and wait for it. It usually isn't the girl who tells the guy she like him first, it's the guy. Right now I'm in a situation where I like this guy and I don't know if he likes me back. I want to tell him but I don't know how. It's so unorthodox for the girl to make the first move and then it is nerve wracking to see what happens after it.

• That's how we guys feel. There is no rule who should make the first move.

You like someone? Go for it or get over it.

• I'm just curious as to what studies say girls have a higher success rate if they ask the guy out? It is just embarrassing to tell a guy you like them when you are friends and then could potentially ruin the friendship.

• @jamieswift13 you know what? It is no different for us as well. We get embarrassed too and it is so humiliating to put ourselves out there and get rejected by a girl. Especially if we really like this girl and don't want to ruin a friendship.

• How is it a girls fault if you can't control your libido? Claiming all guys are like this is a sweeping generalization that insults guys. Claiming the fact that a woman turns you on is a power she has is just strange. You have the power to get up & walk away, to leave, to change the subject, to "take care of things" before you leave the house so you don't get so aroused, to not talk to people you feel are taking advantage or arousal. The fact you think you are powerless in the face of a woman trying to turn you on says more about you & how you perceive sex & flirting than it does about any girl and her "powers".

• Im not saying it would work but who knowsnif she was coming on strong and really turning u on it wouldbe hard to say no.
      Also my main point was the overwhelming attention guys give girls to impress them which comes off like they worship them.

• I would not call that power, I would call that men willing to do anything for sex. A lot of men are desperate. So you are telling me that I can get a house and a car from a guy just by flirting. Please tell me how. Also if that was true then most girls would have an easier time dating

• Isn't that called marriage? :P

• Literally what they said. Men are just more strongly and easily attracted to women so they sre blind more

• @asker and whose fault is that? You can not get mad at something you do

• More from Girls
    32

What Guys Said 59

• https://oi65.tinypic.com/33ud4wm.jpg
    They only have power over those who lets them.

• I feel sorry for you if girls have power over you. Honestly, you need to realize how much power you, as a guy, can have over a woman. Once you do, you'll have so much fun.

• Some do, but many cute girls don't.
    I am sure there are plenty of girls who are just used to be treated well by seemingly everyone, especially in public. They probably wonder how they've never had a bad experience with the workers at the grocery store and such.

• The moment you accept the fact that the only reason they a have power is because you let them have it is the moment you will notice the tables turning. Have you ever thought how inconsistent it is of women to supposedly abuse this "power" that they have and yet at other times they are submissive and want to be overpowered?

It's because they use their "power" on chumps but let real men take power away from them - that is what they instinctually want. Nothing wrong with that - just feminine thinking. But still.

• Even if that's true (which still needs to be established) you make it sound like guys have no choice but to give them whatever they want. We are all rational beings capable of rational decisions. Ifyou consider what a woman asks you unreasonable, then just don't give it to them. Easy.

• Yep, _attractive_ girls (and in many cases, guys) have an easy time getting laid. This is an advantage - no question. They'll likely fulfill the evolutionary imperative of continuing the species, which is nice for them.

Does it make all relationships successful? Does it make for an easier life? Sometimes, not always.

Will it get them the prince from the castle to marry them so they can live happily ever after? Maybe - or maybe they'll just have babies and live in a sterile bubble.

It's a big deal. It's not everything.

• Guys are stupid and let them have that power.

• I'm sure some do.. But like others have said.. A lot of guys allow the girls to have the power over them.. If guys weren't throwin themselves at girls sexualizing themselves it would be easier.. On the same end.. Sometimes it can't be helped that the power of girls is too much for the guy only to fight.. So I see both sides..

• When the only power you got is your ability to manipulate other people to benefit from their power then you have no power at all cause when you will face someone that has enough willpower to not get manipulated then you will be powerless.

Power resides in your own true strenght , physical and mental toughness and your intelligence and skill in your work. When you have that you can crush people on your own and not rely on other to do your job.

Women get such power over weaklings that cannot stand for themselves

• I don't think some do, they need to have it taken away from them to realize they have it good. They need to go a week without a single text to finally get one from their grandma that starts like "Dear Kelly, I want you to come over and have prune pie. You aunt showed me this thing called 'facebook' and you are in short shorts and have your lips sticking out like a ducks. You look like a hussy, you will attract the wrong boy for that reason. You're a smart young lady, you can do better. From grandma"
    And have men tell them "its bros night" so all their advances will be turned down for that reason. They need to go above and beyond for a guy only to have them turned down for some emotional reason that doesn't make sense

• They have power to a point; a lot of it is illusion. Once they give it up, they are no longer in control. They are more slaves to their hormones than we are. Sex is a feed-back loop designed to get them prego. Unless they are on the pill, their hormones will drive them to fuck until they are prego. That's the whole point of sex; pair-bonding and procreation.
    A smart man/woman is selective, only partaking of the ones that s/he's most compatible with so that s/he doesn't create too many shrill and distraught former partners slandering their good name to any other potential mates.

Unfortunately for most men, they don't have as many options as most women do. Thus slut shaming as any guy knows that most women who go out expecting to get laid do, where most guys HOPE to get laid.

• Women only have power over beta orbiters, omegas or needy losers that are usually the bottom 20% of males. The men who are fat, ugly, have social issues and poor that even other men don't want to be friends with. The problem with this generation of men is that since masculinity is being punished by feminism as toxic, men are being brought up as pussies and needy.

Also with the high divorce rate due feminism, men are raised fatherless by single mothers that can't teach him the true meaning of manhood. Most of the students at my university are complete fags that look so delicate that women are more to fear in confrontation. I even see on town in bars and nightclubs, women are causing more trouble than men on a night out; they have higher testosterone than men nowadays. Lucky for me I have good masculine role models.

• the girls you're referring too are mainly above average, generally speaking.

• Well... I can't help but answer with this question... Do guys even realise the power they allow the girl to have over them?

• They do. What most don't realize is that power is not forever. Attractiveness is why men give a shit about women. Nobody thirsts after 35 year olds. Use the power wisely and don't take it for granted ladies.

• Dude stop putting the pussy on a pedestal it makes you look weak and gets you friendzoned.

• if you let anyone ever manipulate you then honestly you have serious problems. Just because a girl has sex with you doesn't mean you have to buy her a pair of shoes.

• Of course they do! Why else do you think there are such things like prostitution, gold diggers and bitches, who lead guys on and simply extract resources from sex-starving boys?

But that power is only active while they are in their teens and 20s. After that it's not as potential anymore.

Hence I do not let myself being manipulated by the "magic of having the vagina".
    But I am glad, that not all women are like that. Plenty of good ladies may be found.

• Dude just jerk off less and you won't be so obsessed with sex and therefore women. Think of it this way if a woman can read this and say this guy needs to get laid in some way you've already lost before you got started

• No shit they realize. Which is why you see rich handsome men having one night stands with average women and loving it

They can't all be 10's right

• "Guys literally live to get girls and sex".

Most guys are like that. But, the thing is, girls want guys who aren't pathetic like that, and most girls will never defeat the competition to get a guy who isn't pathetic like that.

• It takes skill to tell a woman that they are oppressed and deserve XYZ while simultaneously telling them that they rule the world al la Beyonce. But that kind of skill pales in comparison to the abilty to get women to ignore true suffering of women in other parts of the world in lieu of say... 'tampons aren't free, and my office is too cold.' (insists on wearing the skimpiest outfits while the mean are forced to wear suit and ties to work.) Oh the oppression!

• The power to suck my dick.

• Guys give it to them with their desperation.

• They only have power over you if you give them power. If you're in such a relationship where you can't say no it's not one I'd recommend staying in.

If this isn't a relationship that's very much your problem. Make your own choices.

• They only have as much power as you give them.

• The only power women have is the power that men give them. I'm a handsome fit guy but I always reject women no matter how attractive they are because women today are not worth the hassle. Believe me, no woman has any power over me. Sadly, most men today are just too weak and pathetic.

• Not worth the hassle? Lol, hmmm. Arguing against broad stereotypes by using broad stereotypes. I dont think that gives your argument strength, @Love_Is_Eternal. While I do agree that power is inherent in both men and women, it is the suggestion that to get anything from one another, we have to give away power. Fuck that. I am an attractive, fit, PhD educated woman, who can also hold my liquor, loves motorcycles, has tattoos. Paradox walking. IMHO, I refuse to engage with people who can't bring their own power to the table. I'm not going to compromise mine, I hope to see men not compromise theirs. Instead of taking away from, add to. Fuel each other, candles are pretty, bonfires are extraordinary. Women's supposed power over men... if you're that likely to change yourself completely for a chance with a woman, why are you surprised it feels like your gave away your power? I'd say, be yourself, keep your power, let the right woman match it.

• stop giving ugly cunts 10/10
    on how do i look

• Exactly, girls are constantly having their ego stroked by desperate guys

• More from Guys
    29