Would you date a girl/guy the same height as you?

Im kinda interested in this guy.. everything seems to be going good except I can't get over his height... i know it's stupid and shallow. I'm 5'8 and have always been attracted to taller men, and have only ever dated taller men (at least 2 inches taller) The guy I've been talking to is also 5'8. I'm not the type of girl to wear heels often so that isn't the problem. it's that I feel more feminine and protected by a taller man. So far it doesn't seem to bother him and I know he really likes me. Byt this is the ONLY thing holding me back. Am I being completely shallow? Would this be a deal breaker for you? opinions? advice? Thanks

925

Most Helpful Guy

• I was talking to a young woman, same age as you. She is 6'1" and very lonely. She would be happy with any height man, but most men are shorter than she is and won't consider dating her.

I've had a couple of girlfriends almost exactly my height and dated a few other women who are taller than me. All but one of those does professional modeling. It didn't bother me.

I will say that your looking at height is shallow and also common for American women. The top five desired traits in a man by American women are: Tall, good looking, athletic, and physically large (not penis size, bulk). None of these say anything about the person. Meanwhile, there are other cultures who have as top five: Intelligent, good career, educated, kind, same religion. These are all about the person. Think about that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, it's so difficult to find someone that you have that connection and spark with. If you think you found that in someone, don't let a silly thing like height stop you.

What Guys Said 24

• That's pretty shallow, can't do anything about height. I'd date a woman that's as tall as me, would be crazy to see! I'm about 6'4 so a woman my height is a RARITY! haha, but I mean, If it's a deal breaker for you, no one can change that. It's your own taste/opinion so go with what you want

• No, I wouldn't look at height as a basis for an entire relationship, marriage, and possibly kids.

Only all women base their whole future on shallow stuff like that.

• Age is never a problem. Neither do height. Only love is the question. At least he is not shorter than you. Think of that: making love can be easier.

• "I feel more feminine and protected by a taller man"

Stefan "The Skyscraper" Struve is the tallest fighter in the UFC at 7'0''.

He has notable losses to 5'10'' Mark Hunt:
    www.smh.com.au/.../1369449576510.jpg

And 6'0'' Roy Nelson:
    cdn2.cagepotato.com/.../...n_Stefan_Struve_KO.jpeg

So all things being equal, I'm sure there's plenty of taller guys out there that your guy could knock out, and by the by, there's plenty of guys shorter than him that could knock him out. And that's just all there is to it.

• i find it stupid to make that a deal breaker. its something he can not change. If you really like him, look past it. If not, don't lead him on

• I'm a rather big man (6'6", 270 lbs), my ex wife is a very small woman (5'2", 95 lbs). Worked for 15 years, so height or size is something neglectable.
    My "little" sis is a tall women, too (6'). she has been dating shorter and taller man.

I observed, there seems to be an "average height per couple". Really tall men are pretty often dating very small women, while "normal" height persons appear to look for people of round about equaly "normal" height.

"... i know it's stupid and shallow... "- well, if you know, then why is it such a big deal for you? Give it a try, worst thing to happen is you wasting 2 or 3 month until you find out, things will not work out for you.
    Love is the art to like somebody, not in spite of his flaws, but because of these.

• Ur being shallow, give it a chance.

• Nope... I wouldn't date anyone the same height as me. I wouldn't date anyone shorter than me and I wouldn't date anyone taller than me... I'm aromantic and asexual.

• no... you are just picky not saying it is a bad thing cause I am beyond picky but I suggest you think hard about being in a relationship. Also I am 190 cm and I can tell you that height has nothing to do with protection so get that crap out of your head.

• nah, im pretty tall already, i'll leave the abnormally tall women to the 7ft giants that play basketball or something

• I would date a girl the same height as me, my preference actually.

In your case, you're obviously way too reluctant towards this guy, so I can't imagine anything serious between you two ever working.

• Sure

• Give it a chance. Give it 50+ years y'all just end up shrinking.

• Yeah I would.

• Would and have, its never bothered me.

• Ya i would if she was cool with it, generally doesn't happen tho i'm 5'11

• The same height yeah sure but

• I dated a girl who was an inch taller than me. I'm 5'10" lol

• Yes, that would not be any issues.

• no probs not

• Yes why not. I've seen a women taller then her boyfriend. My uncles wife is taller then him

• yeah

• I'm 6" 4 so, hell no!

• height is really a non-factor, but I enjoy short girls.

What Girls Said 8

• I wouldn't have a problem with it, but height has never been a thing I'm specifically attracted to. While it could come across as shallow you can't really help your preference when it comes to attraction. If everything else is really good though I'd make an effort to see if you can overcome it

• Yes, my man is just a LITTLE bit taller than me, maybe like 2 cm (which is nothing) but i don't mind, HE IS HOT <3 i don't care about height honestly as long as he treats me HIGHLY with respect ;) that's the only height i care about..

• Nope. I'm 5'2 and I wouldn't date someone my height, male or female.

• Yes.. I really don't go for tall guys

• yes I would

• Yeah I would

• Sure, no problem

• I wouldn't date a guy the same height as me, but that's just because I'm 5'2".