Do guys like being called sweet?

How would you feel if you ask a girl why she's interested in you and she said because you seem like such a sweet guy. Is that a turnoff? Would u dislike the fact that she use the word "sweet"? Is it too girly? For the record, if all goes well, I do NOT plan to friendzone him. What other word can I use if it's not a flattering word.

• Yes
  • No
  • As long as I'm not in the friend zone then I don't mind
    Vote C
  • I'm not sure
    Vote D

04

Most Helpful Guy

• sweetie cutie handsome there all fine if you use it in the right context

What Guys Said 3

• Personally, it's a mixed bag. I love when someone thinks I'm sweet, but I've had too many rejections that start with, "You're really sweet, but..." As a result, it's a complicated feeling to me.

• Some guys might not like it but I'll accept pretty much any compliment

• In my experience it feels emasculating to be called sweet by someone you are not already romantically involved with.

• Emasculating! That was the word I was looking for! That's what I was afraid he'd think I was trying to do.. emasculate him. Not at all. I think he's nice and I want to give him a chance to see where things could go

• Given the cliche of friendzones it's hard to compliment thoughtfulness without making guys feel emasculated. Perhaps the compliment with a nice peck on the lips would give better indication of your meaning.

What Girls Said 0