Girls, have you developed feelings for someone you weren't initially attracted to?

Let's just say you meet a guy and the idea of dating him initially disgusts you a bit. But you go out with him because why not? You're still not really into him but he seems to really dig you and you feel kinda bad about that. Has it turned into you eventually falling for him over time, or did you not develop any feelings at all and had to break up with him as a result (or you sucked it up and stayed with him anyways)?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• Happened a few times. First with my first boyfriend. Knew each other from 10 years old as he was my brothers friend so didn't see him that way. But the more we were talking as we grew up we got closer and closer...
    My ex also started as a rebound hookup (from the first boyfriend) but again, the more time we spent together the more I grew feelings. Though that was more complicated since it never really ended, just fizzled because of distance.
    And my current boyfriend, he knew I didn't want a relationship (and he looked like my ex) when we met. But as we had similar interests we started hanging out. And. I started to realise he was a pretty good guy. That and he was persistant to change my mind... and now we live together :)
    So yeh, do think personality counts for a lot. As it makes the person more attractive.

What Girls Said 21

• yes. There was a guy who I spent a lot of time with a few years back who I really enjoyed hanging out with and being around, but felt no attraction to as more than a friend. He did ask me out, which I declined. A few weeks and a lot of thought after that, during which we continued to hang out on a daily basis, I realized that I did care for him. I asked him how he felt about us being more than friends and we're still together, three years later. :)

• When I met my current boyfriend, I wasn't disgusted by him, but I also wasn't attracted to him physically nor did I think we would be compatible. But now we are three years into a happy relationship.

• Yes, my boyfriend. I wasn't physically attracted to him, he was overweight and overweight is a big turn off for me. But his personality and persistence won me over, I really started liking his personality at first, so we used to be friends, later he confessed that he likes me, I rejected him several times but he didn't give up and we started dating. Now he started losing his weight and my attraction stared growing on him too

• Yep I was like this with my ex. The reason I did chose him was because he was really good to me. I eventually fell in love with him but things didn't work out unfortunately.

• Yeah it happened to me with this guy I met last year who I JUST posted about. I've seen his photos and I met him once before I met him last year and I thought he was unattractive. But then last year I met him again at a party and I've literally been obsessed with him since then... it's insane. I want it to go away.

• I usually just go with my first gut. I'm not attractive to the person. Listen to that voice don't even waste your time with the person. All your doing is misleading them.

• Honestly, my boyfriend and I started our friendship totally hating each other. Somehow, we grew on each other, and now we're together.

• yes u can. dosent have to be love at first sight. I've met a guy and not fancied him straight away and then couple days later liking them a lot

• current situation, now we're engaged to be married with a son on the way... life works in mysterious ways

• nope. never.

• Yes, I had no initial attraction to one of the guys I ended up dating. I actually turned him down at first, but ended up falling for his personality. But it the end It didn't work out for other reasons. I gave him a chance and ended up liking him. So it can happen.

• I had that once , 2 years ago haha
    I couldn't , i just couldn't. I really liked him, he was really funny but no feelings at all. I ended it on my birthday. He than told me his feelings and i had to stop it and be honest to him

• A ginger guy. And now I think he's the most handsome guy I ever dated.

• I'm in that situation right now. I started out with guy and we were just casually hooking up and I could tell he was way more into me than I was into him. I was using him as a rebound and was really attracted to him. Now over time it's become clearer that he's really into me I've started to like him more and more everyday. I think it depends on the person but at least for me he's started to grow on me to the point that I'm starting to like him, but not necessarily fall for him.

• I often loose interest in the guys I liked initially because even though they're good looking I'm not attracted to their personality. what met girls fall for is personality

• nope.. it sounds so so shallow but i need that physical attraction in a relationship, or else i won't be happy.

• My current boyfreind, no physical attraction on the first date but he relaxed a little and by the third date things developed. No point of dating a guy if you don't find hi. physically attractive to begin with.

• yes, but after a long relationship, I started seeing the same things again from the beginning.. the infatuation faded, and it didn't last.

• Yes first impression isn't everything

• I dated a guy who I wasn't attracted to before. I realized how nice and caring he was. He's personality made up for he's looks. Sadly once we were getting down to business everything went down the hill😂😂🤷🏽‍♀️

• it depends, my friend went out with a guy that didn't initially like but then she grew to have feelings for him, after that ended she went out with another guy she didn't initially have feelings for but she recently broke up with him as she still liked the first guy so it depends but you'll never know unless u try so be like you normally would in a relationship and see how it goes

• Why did she break up with the first guy?

• Ouch lol. Wow even ugly guys can be jerks

• lol, yh