Why are so many college girls so shallow?

I admit I'm not a 10. I'm more of a 7 or 8 to most girls but I never even get a second look from most girls despite having many positive qualities such as confidence, charisma, compassion, and dedication and other stuff such as being a smart guy, good cook, and I don't go for sex right away. Why do I still have so many issues finding girls?

1514

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe you are too focused on how "good" you are that you could be missing out on the flaws you have. I notice this with many personal friends and acquaintances of mine; they'll claim to be an amazing person and partner, yet have very unfavourable behaviors, opinions, and worse - an undeserved chip on their shoulder.

However, assuming that's not the case, you could just be running into the wrong girls. It may have nothing to do with shallowness, but more of a general lack of interest. After all, college students are in college, and may be more inclined to keep things casual or not even involve themselves with romance.

It could really be a number of things.

Most Helpful Guy

• 1) People in general are shallow, not just college girls.
    2) I'm not sure why you're correlating your looks to how much attention you get from the ladies. I know tons of less-fortunate-looking guys who date some very lovely women. You might want to reassess your situation.

What Girls Said 14

• Well, all people are shallow. I doubt you would actually be down to date unattractive girls. Also, how are you certain that you're a 7 or an 8? If you were a 7 or an 8, you would have no issue getting girls, unless of course you're doing something entirely wrong when it comes to how you approach them.

• You know what's unattractive? Someone being negative about others. So you're not attracting anyone right now? Shit happens. Deal with it. If you turn the issue into being about women, women will be turned off more by your negativity.

You're also not humble. You should know your worth but if you have to tell us your worth then you're just overselling yourself and you're coming across as arrogant. You sound quite full of yourself. Chill out, get over yourself and be comfortable being single for a bit. If it's right then it's right, don't worry if you're not meeting anyone yet. There's time.

• You are thinking to hard about it and worrying about it to much. Stop letting it be the certain of your focus.

• Thank you finally some good advice

• You're going to have a difficult life if you don't accept the fact that there will always be someone smarter, more attractive, more charismatic, more dedicated, more romantic, or the occasional person who is all of the above. Some people won't want to date you and thats fine. I already know that some people won't want to date me. Some people will want to date you but they won't want the same things. I want someone that doesn't want children and wants to travel the world. For some people those things are deal breakers. Again, thats fine. People get to choose their path in life and I won't get mad at them for choosing something different.

• Do you get to know girls at all? I know that I really have no desire to even say hi to guys because almost no guy has ever taken time out of his day to get to know me. Also, if you look at girls with your eyes popping out of your head, try stopping. In other words, relax your face. To me, googly eyes come off as just viewing her as an object.

• I usually start off with a cheesy pick up line the proceed to ask her about herself so yes that's one of the first things I do.

• Try something more casual than pickup lines. They don't work unless if you're already with the girl. Try saying something, such as, "Hi, I just wanted to tell you that I really like your [insert your own complement, but only say one thing, such as earrings or shirt or ensemble that you're wearing ]". You could also say to her, "I've seen you around, and I just wanted to say hi/meet you. What's your name?" Be smooth, and don't let her know that you're interested right away. At the end of the conversation, say something like, "I really enjoyed talking to you. We should hang out sometime." If she says yeah, then ask fir her number

• You must be looking in the wrong group if girls if your having trouble... From the way you discribe yourself you sound like a catch don't worry about it! Try getting your self to be more known and get out there! Girls will start to notice you.

• If you believe all the girls around you are shallow, you'll attract shallow girls. Look into the law of attraction.

• How do you say you have confidence but rate yourself as a 7/8?

• i dont get it, are you saying firls are shallow for not giving you a second look?

• well talk to them. Maybe they're shy too. That's my problem, guys don't talk to me.

• How can girls tell that you're all these wonderful qualities by just looking at you? Sounds like you need to spend more time getting to know them and letting them get to know you. I don't mean by telling them you are all of those qualities but by demonstrating that you have them.

• Because they can be.
    Being shallow isn't illegal. Get over it lmao

• Self praise is no praise my friend.

• In college a lot of girls are usually looking to have fun before getting a job and settling down.

Also I think it's important for people to remember that just because you feel you have a quality, doesn't mean people will see it the same way and a lot of the stuff you says require that she knows you in order to even find those things out.

What Guys Said 13

• I think it gets much easier for guys as we age since guys peak later in life.

• If you were a solid 7 or 8 then girls would be all over you. Lol you realize and 8 is model tier right? Don't abuse the rating system.

No 18 year old college chick is going to want to talk about your pintrest cooking recipes or their feelings for two years straight before you have to courage to actually make a move and fuck them.

College girls are fresh out of the house and want to have fun. Stop taking yourself so seriously and go have fun with them.

• You compalin of shallowness while saying what a great catch you are in the same run-on sentence.

It could be you are arrogant, conceited or narcissistic and this is turning people off you.

• So telling people I have good qualities and making a case for myself is arrogant and conceited? What an asinine statement.

• You wanted opinions, that is how you come across based on what you wrote. Your response only seems to confirm it. By all means, be a great and awesome person, but don't let it go to your head.

• how do you expect girls to notice all these "qualities" just from looking at you. It takes time to get to know each other on that level. everyone lacks certain qualities specifically yours is being humble which is a huge factor. if you walk up to a girl and say hi my names Bob I'm smart, confident and don't go for sex right away your going to sound like a douch bag. your going to have to start of getting to know the girl first before they start to notice all your "qualities"
    A no brainer girls love too talk they don't want to hear some random guy brag about himself.

• So you're confident, charismatic, and a 7 or 8, but you can't get any girls? Yeah, I call bullshit.

• 0|0
  • Don't listen to these rude bitches bro. You just simply haven't found anyone who has been interested yet. Just keep looking. Keep in mind tho that life is unpredictable and you may never find someoe, you never know

• girls have the upper hand when they are younger cuz they are in their prime, just hang in there and get a good job when you graduate, u'll be able to date girls in college well into your 30's if you're smart

• lol, because women have no rules. They can taunt men, assault men, lie about men and on and on. Still if they are halfway good looking they have endless amount of guys wanting to bang them.

• You're full of yourself, overvalue looks, have a victim mentality, probably boring. Go for sex right away and give it to her better than she's ever had and she'll never forget you. All of the bullshit people think women want is just that, bullshit. Sounds like these girls don't want why you are offering.

Deep down (for college girls especially not so deep down at all) women love sex. It's fun and feels amazing, how could you not love it. So just be in the moment and make more moves.

• If you are charismatic then I have no idea why you aren't getting girls. It's the number one quality that attracts girls to guys. And confidence is the second. So yeah, I have no idea what's going on.

• Women in general are shallow. They just get less shallow when they get older because they're not good looking enough for Chad anymore.

• Same here, I would say I'm a 7 and I don't looks either, they are just really picky these days