Guys, If you compliment a girl on her clothes.. do you like her, her body, or both? Or do you just like her clothes?

This guy compliments me at church a lot. He has also been giving me hints that he likes me. We did a duet once and he said we could gaze into each other's eyes from across the room. That surprised me. He compliments me everytime he hears me sing a solo. I gave him my number in a Christmas card but he hasn't called me. He seems nervous around me... can't look me in the eyes when he's talking to me. He is either looking at the floor or he looks away and is looking around. He always looks back at me though. He has complimented things that I have made... like a crochet scarf (gingerbread men), and crochet top (pink). He has complimented me on a pink dress (I like the pink.) and complimented me on a red dress (I like your red dress). He stares at me sometimes too when I'm not looking. He came in and sat by me in Sunday School once and he kept moving around in his seat... crossing and uncrossing his legs, touching his hair, dusting off his jacket, fixing his jacket. He also was breathing a little deeper. He asked if I was busy once but didn't make a move. I added him on fb and he immediately accepted. I told him we missed him at church, that he can chat with me in the chat if he wants to. I don't mind... and to have a good week.. one Sunday he wasn't there recently. He said thanks! he missed being there. He won't be there today either so have a good couple of weeks. I said you too! Then I said I hoped he wasn't stressing or anything and that I hadn't said anything before now becase I didn't know if he was busy or not. I didn't want to bother him. Then I said I know that he's nervous and I wanted to let him know that it's okay and he can talk to me. He didn't say anything back to that. If you compliment a girl on her clothes.. do you like her, her body, or both? Or do you just like her clothes? I don't have much experience. Help?

5

Most Helpful Guy

• Mostly it's the body being complemented in an acceptable social way but sometimes just the right dress enhances even that and is the catalyst for the first or more complements.
    For me it was this C-D cup blonde green eyed gal that got the most complements from me with that fabulous yellow/white striped dress that hugged her breasts "just right" but made her look stunning all over.

The rest of church-guys mannerisms telegraph his erotic daydreams about you, afraid you'll understand these "tells" and be scared away too soon.

• In other words... he wanted to take his jacket off?

• Jacket? Not talking no stinking jacket here... lol
      Well, something's holding him back & also missing church, so expect he has not yet let go of a lover or family in order to pursue you... at least lust is in the air, maybe more.
      There's got to be a church/other event you could invite him to go-with, feigning that you'd love to attend but not alone & thought of him FIRST, so please "take me" "it will be fun"

What Guys Said 4

• Ok I got half way through and I couldn't take it anymore. Yes it pretty obvious he likes you, but is neither too shy to say it or there is another reason. A complement is a complement, doesn't mean that he likes you, but the amount of time he does it sure does say Al
    lot that he does.

• Sounds like he has low self esteem and social Issues. He def likes you but he may feel that you are way out of his league. so in his mind he may feel unworthy. You may have to make the first bold move of you are interested. Ask him on a date in person. Let him know you like him. Just be blunt. We honestly like bluntness like that. Although there is a chance he may feel Demasculated. But that could be the lick in the butt he needs.

• he likes you a lot and want you to feel good. but he is shy and afraid of rejection. i think you can take the next step. ask him to walk with you or eat together ☺

• I rarely compliment people for their looks. If I'm complimenting her clothes, its because its orced from all these stupid dating sites tell me to compliment on her clothes,"because she worked so hard to look good" for me.

Yeah, I do think he likes you. Guys especially don't compliment that often like girls do.