How soon is too soon to move in together?

Moving in together is a big step, but at what point should it be considered? How soon do you think is too soon to consider moving in together?How Soon Is Too Soon To Move In Together?

Most Helpful Guy

• i think if you are in love with the person and have both begun to see each other as partners for life that's when you can start to consider moving in together. so as this typically takes time i'd say as early as 6 months i guess you could consider but for me after 10 months is when i would start thinking about moving in together.

Most Helpful Girl

• Anything under 8 months is too soon. That's just past the honeymoon stage and your just getting to really know the person. I think ideally after a year of dating it should be talked about

What Guys Said 10

• If she said something like ".. why we bullshitting?" after the third date, I am taking off.

Moved in together after 3 months with my ex. I'm kind of surprised, in retrospect, how short of a time it actually is. I just got lucky, I suppose. It takes months for me to develop genuine feelings for someone, so moving in together should miles away, still.

• 😂Why we bullshitting? You KNOW this is DESTINY! Don't be scared. We should fly to Vegas. It will be romantic. Don't Deny Your Feelings!!! 🤣

• I have met women that have their "go to" story they try and make me buy so I would "soften up" or something. There was this woman that said she dreamed about me (well, someone remarkably similar to me) for years, then someone claimed we have met in our previous lives.

.. if it wasn't so fucking hilarious, I wouldn't play along, but god damn, curiosity sometimes gets the better of me :D

• OMG... this is rich! Thank you for sharing!

• Moved in with my girlfriend after 18 months, things couldn't be better.

• Living with someone 3-6 months after meeting them is too soon.
    I would believe in waiting at least a year before moving in with someone.

• I believe moving in together after marriage.

After meeting someone and dating after two weeks both should already know will they get married or not. Otherwise both are just wasting each other's time.

• In two weeks?
      If I would have married the guys I dated for two weeks, I would already have been divorced 10 times. Two weeks is not enough time to truly know someone.

• @redeyemindtricks: Early happy anniversary.😊

• Thank you ♥️

• Well to be honest I don't think it's ever too soon for me. But for most people too quick is a week to a month. Thanks for the invite

• RedW88xxx Would you move in with someone after one date if it is still less than a week of knowing them?

• This is really a relationship to relationship perspective. Some people are immediate, some take years. Don't rush into anything in a relationship. Just let it happen in time.

• Some people takes few months, others need years, anyway I would say at least one year/one year and a half, in order to get a certain amount of certitude to know most of your partner's habits well enough .

• A year before you move in with someone. A week or 2 wouldn't do it as you would hardly know the person.

• unless it is 4 months

• together

What Girls Said 10

• Honestly if you barely know em', don't do it.

However in my situation I moved in after 5 months because that's how things worked out. My then room mate got engaged and wanted to live in the apartment we shared alone with her new fiance. She wasn't booting me out but I wasn't in the best financial state to get my own apartment in the city, it's expensive here. I could swing it but it'd be hard to save money.

My boyfriend invited me to stay with him, and I intended to make it temporary. However in the following months we got on so well that he wanted me to stay, so I did. We were lucky in that we communicate well and don't really argue, we listen to each other and made it work without much of a hitch.

• I completely understand. My situation with my husband was similar. We moved in together after 6 months. My roommate was moving, he was already staying over a lot, and it was time for me to either get another roommate or for him to move in. It worked out, so yay!

• Anything under 6 months is to soon, even under a year is to soon but you have learned each other's bad habits so should be used to it..

• hm I don't know maybe if you feel like you're ready to share your personal space with your so

• Less than 6 months.

• Before marriage. There's no reason to be in the same house before. That just makes everything complicated if you ever decide to break up or etc.

• I think after 2-3 years would be good. Either that or when you're engaged

• when your married...

• a few months

• before marriage is too soon

• I think it varies from relationship to relationship. I know a couple who moved in together after 1.5 years together and I know another who lived together under five months of dating. Personally if I was seeing someone for six months or more and suggested it I would consider.