What is the best way to approach a girl on Tinder?

2590

What Girls Said 25

• Be original and different! Ask about a photo they have or make a funny joke to them. I had a photo up of me abit sunburnt and a guy made a joke/compliment saying "Nice sunburn 😛" I just laughed it off and we still talk up to this day!

Dont use a pick up line or say hi cause you will get overlooked

• 1. funny GIF to say hello
    2. compliment our photos (i like your eyes, smiles or even just the photos)
    3. dont be too flirty...
    4. be funny

• Notice something cute about her profile and ask her about it
    Be clear with your intentions
    Don't say something too sexual over text message unless you read the vibe that she's comfortable with it
    The more comforted and relaxed you make her feel the more likely she is to give you her number and text you back.
    Remember less is more, and that flattery is always a good gateway

• Don't be gross. Like, don't immediately lead with something along the lines of "mmmm lookin good ma dtf my place?"

Firstly, no one with more than two brain cells speaks like that, and secondly, it is incredibly unappealing as a proposition.

• My opinion is having at least one picture of you alone that doesn't hide your face and another with full body, having a bio, when you're matched, don't take forever to message (i believe in whoever match us up message first), i dislike compliments in first message but you can gamble, i dislike the "hi how are you", really common, and question from bio is starting to bore me, i think having the conversation flowing and the questions interesting is good too, but that's just me lol

• Being funny is usually a good method. Funny guys are more memorable and make some girls feel more comfortable and open to conversation. Don't open with anything sexual. It's outputting. Find something witty to say that relates to her.

• just don't ask how is her day going
    9 out of 10 messages I get are exactly this question that I don't want to answer anymore.
    Start with a compliment and a question about her.

• Yeah, thing is... I don't do that, i usually start by saying something related to their profile... 70% they still don't answer

• What makes you think 9 out of 10 messages the chick he wants to message gets isn't a compliment and question about her?

• 7d

Good Point there

• Don't come off too strong. Just be yourself and say hi. Don't say hey beautiful or hey gorgeous. Get to know each other and talk for a little bit before you start complimenting her. It makes you come off as a fuck boy, or desperate.

• 7d

still trying to figure out what "fuck boy" means. I think it can mean like 12 different things to be honest.

• 7d

In that situation to me it means "hey I'm just like every other guy that just wants to get in your pants and I already messaged 50 plus girls the same exact thing. " that's why it's good to be yourself and be unique with a conversation.

• By asking a random funny question?

• Send her a picture of a basketball and say "Woah! My basketball seems to have flown over my fence and into your dms! But while I'm here, what's up 😉" gets em every time

• 7d

What's a DMS? Sorry suck at texting lingo--have had to learn enough acronyms as a RN... never been motivated to learn more.

• 7d

Direct messages, pretty much your private chat :)

• 7d

Gotcha. Thanks!

• Don't just text her your phone number. Had that happen today.

HIM: 555-555-5555
    ME: do I call, text or is this a booty call?
    HIM: Yes
    ME: Nope
    HIM: Thanks anyway.

Douche!

• Don't go OTT on compliments. Ask them to tell you a secret or something like that! Dig deeper than superficial shit

• Say that
    You are a sexy billionaire looking for a wife and she is the one for you

• With a funny joke if you're not good looking enough :p

• Be yourself tell her the truth

• Say "I'll pay 4 dinner and drinks!"

• Say hello and maybe comment on something personal like you have nice eyes pretty smile leave it at that

• Don't.

• Messages... we always like the old fashioned approach.

• The best thing you can do in whatsoever is being yourself and to remember its not about if they'll like you is about you being okay if they don't

• In local supermarket

• Say hey " you are so pretty.😀🙆

• Say hello.

• After matching just say hey. When she replies say "how are you today" then continue the conversation

• 7d

How to never capture a woman's interest ever 101

• 7d

@front2back 🤷🏽‍♀️ you can do a complicated and over- thought process but either way, it still doesn't guarantee you a reply.

• 7d

This is why men still have to approach women. Because if women approached men, it would sound something like this.

• Maybe say hi to them

What Guys Said 90

• I always open with something about their bio. Why?
    (1.) Like 90% of men immediately jump to her looks ("hey beautiful") or ask if they'd like to fuck.
    (2.) Many men don't even read the bios, let alone mention anything about them.

If a girl on Tinder is even somewhat serious, she'll have a bio that will be more specific than "swiped right for the dog". Women will usually out important details that they WANT you to know in the bio.
    Examples:
    •Her job
    •Her school and major
    •Future plans
    •Relationship preference (casual or serious)
    •Fun facts.

Messaging a woman either with a question or compliment involving one of these things will set you apart and capture her interest. Some examples I've used:
    "You're studying to be a teacher? That's great! What do you want to teach after school?"
    "You said you like reading, what are your favorite books? Mine is the Alchemist, I loved it for its many life lessons and sense of adventure!"

Something that shows you care more about her than her looks won't work with all women, but for those that are actually worth your time on that app, it is a good strategy.

• A guy I worked with over the summer gave me his tinder to message girls he matched with for the fun of it. One of the girls I messaged had in her profile she was looking for a guy to slap her ass and kiss her forehead, so I said that I'm the type of guy to slap her forehead and bite her ass, then I asked if she was wet yet. If you read most of the girls answers here you'd think that I'd committed an egregious error because I made things too sexual too quick and that she'd never respond, but she messaged back saying that I was funny.

Point is, there are girls on tinder that will appreciate and want sexualized messages from guys and there are those that want you to be all gentlemanly and shit. My advice would be to keep it lighthearted and fun, even if it is sexual in nature (that's probably why they're even on there in the first place). Be adventurous, don't be generic and timid. Don't play it safe. If she doesn't message back then its her loss. She probably couldn't have come up with anything better and you two likely wouldn't have gotten along anyways.

• I swipe everyone right and I'm lucky to get 1 match a week. Usually a fat, ugly girl with kids or a fake scam account. The few who aren't fat or fake never reply, or give me 1-2 word replies and then stop replying forever. Effervescent still, that's only like a 1/500 occurance. I'm not ugly either so it goes to show how lucky women are.

• There's not really a way unless you're naturally funny. Because some women hate one thing while another woman likes it. Chances are, you're gonna get ignored no matter what you say. Just don't be quick to hop to sex and know how to carry a conversation. Also, never have any expectation because most women are there to simply talk.

• Ask a question that is somewhat unique - "what is your favourite pizza topping/ice-cream flavour/karaoke song?". Then provide your answer - "if it helps mine is...".

This should engage them in conversation, giving you a chance to try and win them over.

• Saying something specific and unique to each girl from her profile thats not about her looks has gotten me a response nearly every single time. It allows me to express personality, be funny, and show that I'm going to be interesting and not the other 95% who want to jsut cut to the "can we bang yet?" question... I have literally gotten into long conversations leading to phone numbers talking about Toaster Strudel...

Thats another tip. Don't do it too fast and be as smootha s you can with the question, but get her number and get off the app for the vast majority of your interaction. Chattign on Tinder should be just the opener. If she is responding fast and you guys are going back and forth pretty quick you should have her number within an hour. Way more convenient and a step into the right direction for actually dating and setting a first meeting!

• Almost every little girl. on the app wants a guy that gives them. one lines.. if that's what you're looking for then give them what they want.. however if you want a relationship I suggest going somewhere else.

• Show her a picture of your dog. If you don't have one just take a picture of your friends dog and say it's yours. No wonder dogs are called the man's best friend.

• Tell her you'd drag your wang through a half mile of broken glass just to hear her fart through a walkie talkie. That tends to work for me.

• Funny, but also provocative joke that would make her want to reply. Then after 2-3 messages if she is returning with humor you can say something that compliments her, but also hits her ego. Like - Ohh you are actually funny, who would have thought. She will probably like, what do you mean i don't look like im funny, but you also complimented her, so she will take it lighthearted. Make sure you show that you have high opinion of yourself when arranging the date, if she is not free that day, you tell her when you are free, don't be like I'm always free, the date is the most important thing for me. Keep everything fun and short, 10 message exchanges each are more than enough.

• 7d

Also dont have a boring bio. Make or even better, make her wonder what you mean by what you wrote, she could even message you first if you have that kind of bio. Just be different, fun way is to say the opposite of trying to impress.
      - im 6'2" short, 24 years young, im boring, bad looking, fat (if you are skinny), broke, live in my moms basement, i chop potatoes in McDonalds, nothing impressive whatsoever.
      Or be a player and say
      - Another mistake 😈
      That would make her think or guess and maybe ask you about it.

Pics must be good quality, not some huge pixels and bad lightings. Also at least 1 face,1 full body, 1 funny pic, if you want to show your body do it a fun way like surfing or even holding a cat and laughing. It means you are doing something else but your abs just happened to be there too.

• With a pun.

• Be casual and funny. Tinder is supposed to be casual so don't sound too serious.

Jokes are always a good way to start a Tinder conversation

• here's what i always say

• it depends, seems like pretty girls (like dayum hot) needs something very creative, and pref a pickup line of some sort. as they got x1999999 guys message them. tho a simple "Hi im hannibal, I was just wondering if your ticket system had a long answer time" might work. normal girls often work with a " Hi beautiful, how you doing". and some girls with a humor u can do some funny\nasty pickup lines like " Jeesus.. you are so beautiful i would drag my balls over a field of rusty nails full of ebola, run cross country and fight a bear only to smell the cock of the last guy you had sex with" 3/10 that i tried variations of that on laughed and we got well along, others thought me a supercreep 😅

• "Smash? (Y/N)"

• There is no way haha.

• Talk to her as a friend, get her likes and dislikes
    Ask her if she has any hobbies , interests. Always
    be gentlemen to her. Don't come on to her quickly,
    take things at slow even pace.

• Maybe a girl can confirm this. But what i like to do is after weve matched i look at the profile description and start the ice breaker that way. Like one girl i knew was going to school to be a doctor. My family is full of them so i started with "i saw you're going to school to be a doctor. What field are you looking into?" it shows you read the profile and want to talk about more than just hook ups.

• You really just have to learn how to run a genuine conversation. Like,, try to get to know her better by asking good questions, not the ordinary "what is ur favorite color" bullshit.

• Really simple, if you want a relationship, dont. Tinder is filler with pump and dump girls that have incredibly high standards.

• Ask her what she wants

• Don't.

• Don't I'm trying to save you don't chat with no girls on them dating sites they will step on your heart

• I usually just say like damn your cute as hell😏 and they reply back or they always message me hey first lol

• Dick pics and a wagging-tongue gif.

• Everyone has their theories - I would just go a simple have a good profile yourself then check out her profile and ask her something about herself or one of her interests as an ice breaker

• Playfully tease her a bit by a joke or a comment that subtly indirectly says that she is not what you are looking for.

Ask her to describe the qualities that she is looking for in a mate, and then say sorry i don't have most of those

Both create some curiosity which is awesome. Most guys are too eager to please, do you have to do opposite to be unique.

• Be handsome if you're a guy. Be beautiful you're a girl.

• Don't send dick pics

• More from Guys
    60