My new boyfriend says I'm fat and need to lose weight?

I have a new boyfriend who’s long distance but we were planning on meeting soon. We FaceTime and he’s seen pictures of me on Instagram. He told me tonight that I’m too fat in my waist, I need to get my haircut, and that I looked better in old photos because I always look stressed. I’m 120 lbs., 22 years old, with a 26 inch waist. I used to suffer with anorexia when I was 19 and I’m afraid of relapsing or throwing up to satisfy him. I’ll post a few body pics because I wanna know if I really have a big waist. I honestly liked the way I look and I didn’t think I was fat. Also do I look stressed in my face picture like he said? Serious answers only I’m considering ending things with him now.

Most Helpful Guy

• he's a fucking idiot, you're certainly not fat, not even close.

to me you look like an attractive girl. i have to wonder whether he's trying to make you anxious about your appearance to control you or something.

What Guys Said 43

• You look fine chick. I can't believe that guy said you needed to lose weight. Like WTF? How could he even begin to think you are overweight? I like a woman with a little bit thickness. You got curves. I'd be weary of this dude. If he keeps bugging you to change your weight, then I'd leave him the dust. There are guys that would love to date a woman with your physique.

• Your boyfriend is a piece of shit. Your value as a person is inherent within you. It has nothing to do with your weight, or your looks, or whatever else you can think of. By our very nature of simply being human we are all equally valuable people, you included. I highly encourage you to seek some form of therapy and to stop talking to your boyfriend. He will only bring you negativity and you don't need or deserve that. You look like you're at a healthy weight and I genuinely mean that. I wish the best for you.

• He's an idiot.

• Tell him to go jump... there's absolutely nothing wrong with you... he's a control freak saying that...😠

• You look good. It's his lost.

• Guess you need to find a new boyfriend. Good he's showing this side of him now before you get feelings.

• That's sad; I'm really sorry you're going through this. No you don't look fat at all. He sounds like he just prefers a girl being very petite. You do look a bit nervous in your pic. Him having that attitude with you I don't think has helped.

• I'd be your boyfriend... You're hot even if you gained or lost weight... You look perfect as you are now! I go for personality more but I only look for personality in gorgeous girls like you. Who wouldn't want to wake up to your hotness every morning.

• Um.. interesting posing. You're fine though. You got nothing to worry about, except finding a decent guy.

• You're very beautiful, but everyone has their own opinions on who they like. No person can tell you change, or how to change. Just be you, don't change because someone tells you, keep your body the way it is. Maybe, find a partner who doesn't judge about what you look like and focuses on mostly your personality. Good luck, mi'lady!

• Measure your BMI. If it's too high, try to lose weight. If not, don't try to lose weight. Don't listen to him. Based on your pictures, it doesn't seem that it's high, so you should be OK.

• Your new "boyfriend" is full of shit. You are at a perfectly healthy weight. Forget this guy.

• Uhm no offense but is your new boyfriend a retard? You look great girl! Don't lose any weight if you don't wanna!

• I'm sorry your boyfriend is feeding your head with lies.
    Your gorgeous and you deserve a older boyfriend who would
    love you to no end. <3 :-P :-D -Hugs-

• Ok i am not trying to be mean but lets break it down.😊 first your face, the stud above your right side of your lip is meh thats person preferences. The eye liner is kinda too dark for your skin tone. Gorgeous eyes though. Now body wise. You look beautiful i mean your a bit thinner than i prefer but again personal preference. The stressed look in your face is just the tones of your make up with your light skin tone if you prefer dark make up the find a medium bronze foundation.😊😊

• Your new boyfriend sounds like a dick. It sounds like he is very critical and unhappy with the way you look. You look fine in the pictures but if your unhappy just exercise a little more don't make yourself throw up.

• Nah, you're really fine. Anyone who says that about you is tripping.

• Your so called boy friend is a moron

• Don't go back to old habits. Ur fine as u r.

• Your new boyfriend is blind

• Don't do it unless you want to, he'd not be happy if roles were reversed

• I think you just need to lose your wrong boyfriend because you are so beautiful and awesome

• I like your eyes and he shouldn't be allowed to say things like that

• You should end it with him

• true

• You have a great figure that boy is a fool

• Your new boyfriend is a bonehead. You're not fat

• I'm prepared to give you a hardcore answer if your prepared for it I don't mean any malice just honest opinion and advice if your looking for a critical answer and not some basic answer I got it

• Alright so first off your not fat, that's not the issue. However your also not toned from what appears to be lack of abdominal exercise I can see it just looking at your belly it can use some tightening if you want some up on attraction points throwing up will not help and is not what you need.
      Your body is great it's actually ready to be toned I can see you becoming someone irresistible asfuck with the right exercises and you looking stressed out I think is literally just the camera angle I can hardly see a smile in these I'm thinking it may be the piercings obscuring the but I can't be 100 on that and your complexion seems like you stay indoors a lot I can see it on your skin.

• Now about him... he's probably some skinny weak ass twig or unfit fatass himself and is pushing his insecurities on you Well I can come up with a number of things and can easily call him an asshole but sometimes assholes give you the best info it's up to figure out if it is or isn't... You look pretty damn good but you can definitely look better. Also dont lose sight of yourself. life is about your choices and what your happy with not about some fucking guy bitching about what HE thinks about your appearance fuck that bitch do you.

• You look great

• Dude needs to get his eyes fixed

• More from Guys
    13

What Girls Said 23

• okay, sweetheart, you are gorgeous and clearly have a sexy as body and definitely do not need to lose any weight, this boyfriend however, you could afford to lose. any prick who thinks he has the right to drop shitty comments like that, can go and fuck himself. he sounds like a blinded control freak with really big insecurities about himself that he is pushing onto you. and that is NOT healthy in any relationship. online relationships are always kind of risky, how long have you been seeing him? be careful about meeting up with him cause he sounds like an absolute ass. you really need to do sth about him, or it could go on to grow into an even bigger problem. you're beautiful and i am LOOOVING ur piercings! xxx

• You don't need to lose weight, you need to lose your boyfriend.

• 1. You are gorgeous.
    2. A boyfriend should be supportive and like, then love you the way you are. You haven't even met this guy in real life and he's already trying to change you? He sounds sick and manipulative, please dump him right this second.
    3. Don't let anyone change the body image you have of yourself. What counts is how you feel about your body, and that is amazing you feel good at such a young age - some women take 50 years or more to learn that lesson.
    4. You have a fit body in no way are you fat.
    5. I'm repeating myself - but dump him - you will find someone amazing who appreciates you for who you are and how you look.

• Not only are you a perfectly fine weight and quite attractive, but regardless of that, what he is saying to you is horrible. I would urge you not to continue your relationship with him. His comments are insensitive, manipulative, and borderline abusive. It's absolutely not a healthy relationship, and it is an especially dangerous situation for you since you have a history of an eating disorder.

• He's an asshole. It's your body, do what you want to do, but it's fucked up for him to tell you that you should change yourself for him. No guy is worth it. If he really cares about you, he'd love you the way you are. Only lose weight if that's what you want to do. I think you look beautiful, but I'm not your boyfriend so my opinion probably doesn't matter much. You look like you're at a healthy weight, you don't need to change anything if you don't want to

• dump his ass and get a real man. You are too beautiful to let anyone say that to you! I think you have a beautiful body and look too sweet to be treated like that!

• 1) your too young
    2) No you shouldn't be posting your pictures you look like your 12 years old.
    3) again No your not fat

• You look great, the only thing you need to lose is him!

• You have a really nice body and you aren't fat at all. Your boyfriend is either blind or just being a jerk. I'm sorry you had to deal with this. Keep loving the way you look and don't let a guy like him tell you otherwise 😊

• 😊😊😃😃FRIEND FRIEND FRIEND she is right😃😃😊😊

• You're not overweight, you have a healthy, beautiful body. I think it's really, really low of him to ask that of you, especially given your past relationship with your body & weight. I would break this off before it even starts - you deserve better xx

• He's a fuckwad. Move on. You don't need that kind of person in your life.

• You're fine. You're nowhere near fat. End things with him.

• You look bloody gorgeous girl wtf, get yourself a new boyfriend

• Eghh break it off with him
    Such a waste of energy

• You can find better men out there who will not call you fat, will appreciate You, and who will treat you better. Your boyfriend is an ass hat

• Well he's a moron to call you fat. You look fine to me.

• you don't look fat to me. But you shouldn't go just for ur boyfriend's word about losing weight. If u want, u can ask ur physician whether u r overweight (which u don't seem to be), and what is the healthy weight range for ur age n height. U look fit n fine by the way...

• girl stfu you are beautiful, he don't apreciate your beauty then he is an ass. flames are in my eyes you are hawt ok now go and be hot somewhere

• your body looks lovely to me.

• Your fine that guy it just a jerk

• You're not fat at all, I honestly don't see how can anyone think that. I think you look pretty, and your body is well fit, like you work out or something. If he still says things like that to you, I don't think he's right dor you /:

• Two words: Dump him.

• You are fat according to him