Why do guys HATE fat girls, as if they were cancer?

It just shocks me that the intensity to which guys HATE fat girls is unmeasurably high, as if they were the worst cancerous disease, they avoid them like the plague. Can’t even be friends with them!

Why tf is this? Why are guys so shallow?

Please don’t come to me with “Guys are just visual creatures...” No. because if that were true guys also would have different tastes in women, which would include overweight women.

Why is it a universal thing for fat women to be completely deserted?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• We guys could be cunts too and we TaKe the anger we get from rejection and we put it out on fat women. However, a woman Can have a fat guy friend and give false hopes we Do not Do that, So that is good.
    I Also realise Many guys are generousnwhen they use the world fat even to some res, ly hot curvy women. Feministi However Can call Obqese women curvy which does more harm than good. So yeah shallow guys will avoid them like plague.
    but lets say things the way they are... fat is bad for everyone and it is a bad indicator of health So I hope we all Try to live healthier lives.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • That’s ridiculous because even unhealthily skinny women can easily attract guys lmfao. Not the case with fat women, and they’re both unhealthy

• dont need to be a white knight and shame guys

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like it has more to do with the ego of SOME bigger women today. Yes, there are men who find bigger women attractive and nothing wrong with that. We all like different things and thats ok.
    But with the body positivity movement and fat acceptance movement, some women who are bigger believe that other people's tastes are irrelevant that they should be attracted to them. And obviously, that is wrong.
    Example (extreme, but an example):
    https://i.imgur.com/aYpp4iA.jpg

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • wait that's a real?
      I don't wanna live anymore.

• Show All
    • I need a beer. lol

• Lmao 😂😂🤣 I think that was written by a troll though haha, it’s kinda funny

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 27

• I don't hate body types, but most large people I talk to in general just leave a sad life where they don't want to better themselves. That's what makes me dislike them. The same is for everyone at any body type. They think they should change but they don't, but I'll be friends with everyone.

0|1
    1|0
    • Feels like a massive excuse to justify that. What about girls who are unhealthily skinny. They get so much more male attention that girls who are unhealthily fat. But they’re both leading unhealthy lives.

• Show All
    • So if you were fat, you’d like fat girls? Is that what you’re saying 😂

• Actually yes. I like people my size

• Guys don't hate fat girls. They just don't like the fact, that a girl which is the beautiful creation of God and who is meant to be beautiful is not taking care of herself properly.

Workout. I try convincing girls to work out and have proper diet. Eating is less is not necessary. Eat smart and work out.

#peace

0|0
    2|0
    • That’s not why guys hate fat girls. 😂

• There is no other reason to hate a fat girl. She has everything that a slim or curvy girl has. 😂

• It’s like guys say something and do another I swear...

• It not about hating them just cuz they're fat.
    It's simply about not feeling attracted towards them.
    I wouldn't date one, and that's just a personal preference.
    And that doesn't mean I hate them.

And besides nowadays Fat women have developed a terrible Ego, and they feel like, we as men are obligated to like them and date them, and if we don't then we are discriminating them...

0|4
    0|0
  • Because they are disgusting to look at. Simple as that.

1|2
    3|0
  • It depends on your definition of fat. I've got nothing against a girl with a little extra meat on her bones, in fact, I prefer it and I wouldn't call that being fat. My typical definition of fat is obese, which is just unhealthy, but I don't hate them for it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Womens value come from thier Youth, Beauty, and chastity. In that order, the less you have of any of those 3 things the less value you have.

0|0
    1|0
    • That’s the most sexist bullshit I’ve heard

• Show All
    • Being physically attractive is important in attracting a mate. Anyone who tells you different is lying.

• Well if we're using such trivial things to base people's values on then it's only fair we take wealth into account too. I mean who wants to be with someone who has no money? Social status equals wealth.

• Being friends with them is one thing, being girlfriends/wife is another. I can't be attracted to a girl who is overweight. It just can't happen ever, I dont care how nice you are or how much you say you believe in God. It's unattractive plain and simple. All big girls have to do is eat right and exercise hard and lose the weight, plain and simple.

-So far as I'm concerned you care about me only as much as you care about your own body.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's not even true. It's probably just your shity attitude. It's not like guys aren't going out of their way to be your friend like they would for an attractive girl they were interested in but I haven't heard of guys not being friends with a girl just because their weight.

If you're not friends in real life it's doubtful they're going to go out of their way to talk to you.

0|0
    0|0
  • So there's different levels of fat. I like curvy girls but there are some that border the line of what I find attractive. (Remember to a guy fat means unhealthy, poor habits, maybe even dirty.) You also have to consider the type of guy and the type of girl that are interacting. Is this guy even in the same league as this fat girl? As far as Style, personality, mannerisms, ect? It's just as simple as fat vs not. Unless this girl is obese. So again what kind of fat are we talking? Bottoming if it's fat getting in the way, just eat better and workout then. What's More important to you food or life

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah, true. Obesity is a complete and absolute turn off for both guys and girls. But what if the girl is “chubby”? Guys still see her as fat.

• Show All
    • Ikr. It’s dumb

• Good luck with your situation

• its all about what they are attracted to same with girls. there are girls who don't like fat guys its not just a gender specific thing.
    guys DO have different tastes in women and it DOES include big women. saying they don't is like saying that girls all want the same thing in a guy which is simply not true, stop generalizing.
    with this attitude you got towards it is probably not helping

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't hate them and I overweight friends. My mom was overweight when she was alive. You are correct in that I'm not really physically attracted to them romantically.

0|0
    0|0
    • Let me test this out real quick.

Which of these girls do you prefer?

A fat girl with a gorgeous face

Or a girl who has an ugly face with a nice body?

(Btw don’t say “Id pick the fat girl because she can fix that”. Let’s say she would stay that way, hypothetically).

• I'd have to see to judge for myself. I really like fit women that are curvy and a little thicker but if she were legitimately "fat" than I'd not be attracted to her in that way, someone I'd want to date and be intimate with.

It's a fact, if a woman if legitimately obese than the pool of guys interested in her will be smaller. I've seen lots of really bad looking guys and girls that still have mates. It will be harder but not impossible.

• True I guess. Obesity is a severe problem, and both guys and girls seem to be completely put off by that.

However, to me it seems that guys would prefer a skinny ugly girl over a “chubby” beautiful one. Don’t you think that’s just... weird?

• Its not? Fat man and woman as the same problem some like fat some like thin a a paper i dont get where you are comming from with the assumption my best friend has a fat girlfriend (just overweight not obese though)

0|0
    0|0
    • Admit it, it’s like 1 in 10 billion guys who like a fat girl. If you put up a poll that says “Which of these girls do you prefer? Fat girl and beautiful face or skinny girl with ugly face?” Most guys would pick the latter, and it’s the most illogical thing I’ve seen because fat girls can fix their body, whereas naturally ugly skinny girls can’t fix their dam face

• Well thats a biaised experiment life isn't about looking bunch of faces and picking the prertier you can't expect to be fat and guy find you pretty but we dont hate them. If you are fat dont be shy as long as you dont look like a ball guys won't mind it too much if you are great (then again some guys are only there for the looks)

• Everyone's shallow, in various ways. It's an unfortunate part of life. Not every guy dislikes fat girls though.

0|0
    0|0
    • Let me test this out real quick.

Which of these girls do you prefer?

A fat girl with a gorgeous face

Or a girl who has an ugly face with a nice body?

(Btw don’t say “Id pick the fat girl because she can fix that”. Let’s say she would stay that way, hypothetically).

• Probably the fat girl with the nice face. Face matters a lot more to me than body

• I don't know know where you're from but that's not how it works over here I love fat girls and I prefer them over slimmer girls

1|0
    0|0
  • Being fat is 100% on you. Its proof of your laziness.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's not universal. Hyperbole won't help your cause at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • It isn't. too many fat women are happily married for that to be true.

0|0
    0|0
    • When they got married I can assure you they were fit or skinny

• Nah. I was just at a wedding where she was neither. In fact, I'd venture to say she was morbidly obese, in medical terms. But they're happy, and so I'm happy.

• Definitely false. I know many guys who dated the skinny minnies and married a voluptuous lass.

• we don´t "hate" them personally. it´s just that being fat is unhealthy, no matter what those political correctness bullshitters say.
    we assume that if you can´t even care for your own health, then how could you care for us, leading a good relationship?
    plus it´s not visually appealing... the choice of partner after all often comes down to very primal urges. like desire to procreate with another person with the fittest possible matching genes. a person being fat doesn´t make them seem healthy and fit for procreation in nowadays society. cause do you want a child that will turn out to be fat and deal with all the problems of being it?

i hope you don´t feel insulted or something. i´m not saying that fat girls don´t deserve to be loved or whatever but i hope i explained why it´s harder for them.

0|0
    0|0
    • also consider: being fat is not like being a cripple. it´s not like you were born without legs and can´t help it. you can do something about being fat so if you see that society reacts so badly to it, change it.

• Okay, you need a sit down. Preferably in a corner where you can calm down. Your blanket statement is only partially true. Men don't always chase heavier girls but many men marry them. There are many reasons to this but that's not what you want. You want me to tell you how all men hate larger women so you can feel vindicated in your vitriol. Well, I'm not going to do that. So many of my friends married women who are plus sized and are incredibly happy and fulfilled. It seems those are the marriages that have lasted the longest, at least that I've seen. So, nope, not gonna feed the hate machine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fat women are better seen than fat men

0|3
    3|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 9

• I don't know anyone, male or female who legitimately HATE fat people. I know guys who think they're unattractive or gross but at my age none of them go out of their way to be cruel to them.

0|1
    0|1
  • Girl, you need to chill with your blanket statements, girls and guys both just don't want to date someone unhealthy l, and if you say skinny girls get attention, every single one of my male friends hate to see girls who starve themselves, nor are they attracted to it. There is a happy medium, and you control how you look, so if you want a man, you have to be what a man wants, can't just expect them to change what they want because some chicks decide to be fat or stay fat

0|0
    0|0
  • They don't hate them everyone has a preference I'm slim and I'm really attractive and I've overheard strange men looking at me and say that they can't date a skinny. I've seen a lot of pretty fat women but when some men see fat they see out of control.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it comes from a stereotype.
    Most guys won't hit on or flirt back with a "fat" woman in the same way most girls won't hit on or flirt back with a "fat" guy. The first thing a person looks for in the other person is attraction, then comes personality. I am talking about "first". It doesn't matter after they get to know each other.

Now, there is this stereotype of "fat" girls that they tend to be a little lazy, introverts, etc. etc. (just judge from how they are shown on tv shows and movies). A person who has had bad experiences with "fat" people are going to categories. Its what our brain does! It relates incidents.

Not all guys are going to be like that. The idea is to not be so affected by what you look like.

0|0
    0|0
  • a lot of guys are chubby chasers just an fyi but the simple answer is fat people in general aren't as attractive to healthy and fit people despite the normalization of obesity

0|0
    0|0
    • Do you think girls are more accepting with fat guys? Why or why not?

• Show All
    • @Caaarl irrelevant to what I wrote.

• I was replying to the askers question in this thread.

• I don't think anyone hates fat girls. A lot of males just don't find them attractive. A lot of females don't either.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know theyre stupid

0|0
    0|0
  • They don't find them attractive. That's all.

0|0
    0|0
  • The truth is most guys are only friends with females to try for sex.

0|0
    1|1

Recommended myTakes