Why do girls put height requirements on their tinder profile?

I've never understood when I come across a girls tinder profile where she says, you have to be a certain height to get a date with her.
The thing is, even if I do meet her height requirement, I would still not be interested. It says a lot about her.

Imagine a girl coming across a guy's profile that has a breast size requirement on it, even if she met it, she still would think the guy is a douche.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I put a height requirement because I would feel weird dating someone shorter than me and it's only fair that I make it totally clear from the get go because it's like some guys don't like skinny girls some guys don't like fatter girls it's just a specific people shouldn't be judged for that

1|0
    0|2
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I just find it trashy as hell. I am 5'10 and if I saw a girl stating "you must be at least 5'8 to take me out" I would swipe left immediately.
      Like I said, if you saw in a guy's profile him saying, you must have at least a cup size b or whatever, you would think he's a douche. Same thing

• Each to their own I can't help. what my preference is I prefer to be honest

Most Helpful Guy

• I know what you mean.

When I tried it I would often see all kinds of demand like that. Mostly it wasn’t just height it was more like take me places or do things for me or have a degree, job, car, whatever, be fit and so on.

My feeling was always that is says a lot about them when they say things like that. Even when I meet all these requirements I just think “here’s a list of things you won’t get from me” and I swipe left.

It a turnoff.

0|2
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• Just like you, most women do not understand why they judge men based on their height. lol!

Women judge men based on their height since they believe there is a correlation between how tall a man is and how well of a provider he will be and how safe she will be with him. Women do not even know why they do this but this is why.

Women say it is because she has to be taller than her man and then when challenged about excluding a man a few inches taller than her, she will argue she has to be taller than him in heels!. lol! What a joke. :)

It is a very stupid thing to judge men on their height and will get them no closer to knowing if the man they potentially will date will be a good man or not. But they still do it and a lot do it without even thinking about why they do it.

You may exclude them because of this. That is your right. But just like the women that are excluding men based on height, I think it is stupid to exclude them on this since a lot of *good* women may have chosen a height preference.

It is your choice and risk to include them or not. I support whatever you decide.

Sidenote: In the future, I suggest a better argument than breast size would be weight. Ask, if people have to disclose their height, then they should also have to disclose their weight. And watch women's heads explode over that because they have no way to argue against it. And that is fun! :)

0|1
    0|0
  • It may sound douchy of them, but some girls are turned off by a man shorter than them.

The man being taller is a psychological attraction of security and masculinity that comes with height.

So it's pretty asshole of them to say it like that, because people aren't just something you can pick what you like, but if it's a turn off and they can't look past it, you'll find out anyways...

0|0
    0|0
  • I can understand height being important to some but I'm shocked to learn people put it on their profiles

0|1
    0|0
  • Because they are shallow. They feel like they have to live up to socitial norms

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know. Maybe they don't want to be taller than a guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes I like height differences but I wouldn't put requirements in a dating profile jfc

0|0
    0|1
  • because some girls are shallow and only feel attracted to/feel entitled to guys who are tall

0|1
    0|0
  • Are u serious? they have that option 😂😭😭. I never knew that

0|0
    0|0
  • I like it when my date is taller than me. I'm short so it don’t take much

0|0
    0|0
    • But putting height requirements like that is trashy.
      Its like a guy putting breast size requirement on his profile, most girls, regardless of their size, would think he's a douche.

• I would not put in on my Profile but height is a huge factor for others so let them. It's better than meeting them and she reject him. It saves time. Breast size can you see on the picture height not so much.

• Are you serious? It's called preference. Why do guys like a certain boob or butt size? Same thing yet you're not questioning them.

0|0
    0|0
    • Some guys might prefer a certain boob or butt size but not require it the same way women act like it's a requirement for a man to be a certain height before she'll even talk to him. I've never seen guys put a boob size requirement on Tinder but women but height requirements on there all the tine.

• I've never done it myself but I don't see anything wrong with girls being upfront if that's an issue for them. Some girls are tall and a lot of guys on tinder are shorter so it just cuts to the chase which benefits everyone at the end of the day.
    Online dating has become strange in the sense that it's a far more shallow approach now though in comparison to traditional dating.

1|0
    0|1
    • No they can do it by all means. I just believe its very counter-productive. Because if I saw a girl writing, he must be this height for me to date him, even if I met that requirement I would never consider her, because it says a lot about her. Its very trashy.

Its like I said. Imagine a girl comes across a guys profile where he says, she must have at least a cup size b. Even if she has big boobs she would think he's a douche and decline

• Show All
    • It's give and take and certain attributes can make up for others in a partner. But the preferences that are deal breakers for each person should be respected I believe. There is someone who will like you as you are, it doesn't need to be forced.

• Just wanted to say I enjoyed your guys' conversation and wish neither of you were anonymous (asker and opinion owner). I would have clicked on each of your profiles because i enjoyed how you both conversed with each other. Just wanted you to know that so maybe you will think about not answering anonymously in the future... just saying...:)

I hope to run into both of you in the future... and hopefully not anonymously. :)

What Guys Said 13

• Some people really do that? I agree with you on this one, preferences are fine and all but putting it like that just sounds entitled, like a guy saying not to bother if you weigh more than 120 lbs. Even worse because your height is entirely out of your control

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they're shallow and dumb. I would swipe left even if I met her "requirement." Like you said, if a guy had something like "only C cups or bigger" on his profile then women would probably be turned off and think he's a jerk

0|1
    0|0
  • If that is a deal-killer for her, better she make it clear right away.

Would you also say there shouldn't be age requirements on tinder? Same kind of thing.

1|0
    0|0
  • We should start having breast requirements. That shit would be hilarious.

0|3
    0|0
  • You must be mistaken. Women only care about personality. Looks & body type are completely meaningless to them.

0|0
    0|0
    • That's not true. They'll settle easier than men when it comes to looks but it still matters to them

• Pay attention. Tinder is for hookups between sluts and fboys. It isn't about the person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because women lack the confidence in her femininity to date a man of any height.

0|0
    0|0
  • Breasts are different than height. Would you date a midget with big breasts?

0|0
    0|0
    • I wouldn't date a average height girl with small tits.
      32DD or bigger. Otherwise, I wouldn't even speak.

• They're shallow

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause you’re short

0|0
    0|0
  • Its a status symbol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because most women are shallow especially when it comes to height. You can be taller than her and still not meet her special "height requirement".

0|0
    0|0
  • It would make me more likely to contact her.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes