What are your most important rules when going on a date?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. If the other person is not there 10 minutes after the time agreed to cancel & bail. 99% chance someone who is late will not respect you OR after they see that you waited they won’t.
    2. Never do dinner/movies on a first date. Should be something that’s easy to walk away from if you don’t like how it’s going.
    3. Never change anything about yourself for a date... for example if you never wore your hair a certain way but your date mentions he likes it this other way... don’t change for him.
    3b. Never dress at a lower level than you were dressed when you were asked out. It should be that level or better.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• -no talk about sex
    -no talk about exes
    -not being on their phone constantly
    -letting him know at the end of the date whether or not there’s potential. Because i don’t want to waste his time nor mine
    -well mannered/polite

3|3
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 108

• Not to get too excited about her no matter what- remember that its purpose is to have a good time and to get to know each other a bit better.

Plan it well, and do not expect perfection. Dress up. Both of those show that you've taken it very seriously.

Do not have sex with her on the first date. Kiss her only if the chemistry is really good and her body language indicates that she wants me to.

0|1
    0|0
  • -the date is not a test
    -date is getting to know each other
    -some slight sexual tension has to be built in in a date or it will end up in friendship
    -don't mention how awesome you are let him/her figure out (hehe, only I do this shit)
    MOST IMPORTANT
    -if you can't go on the date or late excuse before
    -be early
    -even if it doesn't go well survive till the end of it (or call an end if you both know this ain't going nowhere)

3|1
    0|0
  • Smile a lot, have an upbeat mentality, stay optimistic, get her to talk about herself and compliment her on looks once and compliment everything else (her hobbies, interests) , find similarities and express them, always seem friendly.

1|1
    0|0
  • 1 ) Be yourself.
    2 ) Don't let the person you are dating make you do anything you'd regret.
    3 ) Rule 2 but in reverse.
    4 ) Don't use your cellphone unless there is an emergency.
    5 ) Have an out. (a friend/event/thing you "need" to do if it doesn't go well)
    6 ) Have fun.

1|0
    0|0
  • Split the bill
    Let the girl get nervous or make her nervous so that you are able to impress easily
    Give her a kiss on cheeks if date ends well, in some places such kisses are given in the beginning of date.
    Listen to her and pay attention to each word that she says unless she's whining about her fight with some other girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't go into it with any expectations. Go to enjoy yourself and see where the date takes you, and focus on the important things about the other person

2|2
    0|0
  • Don't say 'I love you' or get stare-ie and too keen. Do not under value or change your own opinion to agree with your date constantly. Do not worry about being judged negatively just enjoy the date and have good conversation as if it's a friend.

1|1
    0|0
  • 1.) Communication is big thing on a date
    2.) Stay away from texting that is a red flag
    3.) Always respect your date that is important
    4.) Before the date both couples should agree
    on whom should pay for the date.

0|1
    0|0
  • There are so many but, at my age they're as second nature as what I do in everyday life. For me its don't allow the woman to do something on her own that I can help her with, for instance the door, her coat, chair, calling the waiter...

0|0
    0|0
  • I never did. But if i do,
    I'll ask to be Blunt.
    I'll ask, "How will you react when I cutoff your call or just don't answer or i don’t call you for bo reason".
    Everything I want in a girl is dependent on that single answer.
    Secrets & Lies are worst breaker.
    I learned that from movies

0|0
    0|0
  • Phones away and off or I will throw it XD JK nah but I won't be very happy. And I tend to stare my SO down to get her to realize that its a date XD.

Also dont play with your food if done eating.

0|0
    0|0
  • (1) 50/50 on first date
    (2) No phones
    (3) No entitlement
    (4) Don't ask about my past relationships (happens all too often)

Otherwise I'm pretty flexible

0|0
    0|0
  • Is her phone the most important thing in her life?
    Is she giving effort to actually take her of herself?
    Good Hygiene?
    No ex mentions
    Is she desperate or looking for a bond?
    How she treats others

1|0
    0|0
  • That I have fun. I've never been on a date because everyone where I go is something I would do with her or without her. So I always make sure I have a good time.

0|1
    0|0
  • For a guy it should be:
    -Chivalry
    -Kindness
    -Paying the bill lol
    -Making sure she arrives home safely
    -Making sure she has a lovely time
    -Buying her a take-home gift and flowers when picking her up lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Be considerate, dress appropriately, Be honest , don’t be an asshole , treat her like a human being , don’t pretend to be something your not.

Why? Because this could be your future partner.

1|1
    0|0
  • -pick her up 30 minutes late
    -pretend im not interested
    -only take her to mcdonalds
    -only let her order off the dollar menu
    -take her home late
    -ask for sex

0|1
    2|0
  • Don't ask her for a second one if she is not your type.

0|0
    0|0
  • No talking about ex's, no texting or calling or taking calls. No smoking. And don't try to friend zone me. I'll say no thanks, get up walk out and she can find her own way home, That's and insult no man has to accept.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't abuse people,
    don't be violent,
    use my words,
    don't accept these things from others

I don't think people think about these basics enough.

1|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 36

• - don’t be gross
    - be polite
    - offer to split the bill
    - pay attention to him
    - order nothing with garlic, onion, or fish
    - phone stays in the bag unless for an emergency
    - talk and ask questions

2|4
    0|0
  • Drive myself. Have a code word with my best friend in case the date is going south lol. Dress nice but not too much (I aim for girl-next-door look). Offer to split the bill. Come prepared with questions and conversation topics. Don't ask anything too personal on a first date. No sex until exclusivity is established.

0|1
    0|0
  • My only rule is to enjoy myself. I don't go out to look like the perfect woman, I go out to fuck shit up and have a great time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Be myself and hope they go away, free food for me, and I don't have to see you again.

0|0
    2|3
  • Don't stare cause you'll make the other person feel awkward asf, and they could definitely tell that your staring lol we all have side eyes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have any rules really. I just go with the flow.

0|1
    0|0
  • Talk about your exes and about your deepest insecurities

0|0
    0|0
  • To always ask if they love dogs xD if they don’t then BAI! 🙌🏻👏🏻

0|0
    0|0
  • On time,
    talkactive
    Throw some jokes
    being polite
    Silent mobile

0|0
    0|0
  • - Don't get handsy in public
    - No talk about exes
    - Don't be on your phones

0|1
    0|0
  • I had no rules. I just won't see you again if I didn't like what you did or said.

1|0
    0|0
  • No politics
    I can talk sports, cars, games, blonde jokes. But not trump

0|0
    0|0
  • Be yourself
    Don't do anything you aren't comfortable with

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t have any rules because I will not like the person anyway

0|0
    0|1
  • Just be yourself the guy should love for your personality and not looks

0|0
    0|0
  • Put your cell phone away i find it kinda rude your on it the whole time.

0|0
    0|0
  • No rules... its spontaneous... 😊

3|1
    0|0
  • Get to know each other. No kissing

2|3
    0|0
  • One important rule is 1. There are no rules

0|0
    0|0
  • Dress and smell nice