Would You Consider Dating A Person Without A College Degree?

• Yes I'd
  • No I won't
  • I don't know/ Other
    Vote C

1323

Most Helpful Girl

• I consider myself to be a person who wants to pursue a university education, and etc. However, I've always been more drawn to guys who didn't want to follow that path. Our society is a system, and a lot of our success comes from education, building our career, etc. But you don't need an education to become successful. You can take a look at some of the most successful people in the world; many of them haven't gotten pass a high school education. It's attractive when a guy can take initiative of his own life, take a risk, work hard, and accomplish his goals. It's important to keep in mind though that most girls do want a successful guy, so I don't think it would work well in the long run if a guy doesn't have a good education to pursue a career, AND he's lazy and doesn't to crap. People say love is the most important part of relationships, but if you were to get married and start a family, love doesn't really pay the bills. I do consider education to have some value, but it also really means nothing if that's all a person has (their own education, but they don't have life skills) I tend to think of education just as a hobby you know? If you're into it, I'm cool with that, if you're not, that's fine. For example: If I find a boyfriend, chances are he's going to be more athletic than me ( I guess those are just the type of guys I'm drawn to). Not trying to sound cocky or anything, but it would be unreasonable for him to just look at my athletic abilities and not wanna date me. It's just not something I am really into, and I would feel disrespected by him if he just forced it on me. I can do many other things. I can skateboard, I can paint, cook, sing, etc. The point I'm trying to make is, as long as you can find success in what you do, and it's not hurting other people around you, I'm sure many girls are willing to date that kind of guy :)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely.

For context, my gal has a doctorate, and I have two degrees myself.

But, ultimately, what are college degrees? They're certificates which state that the holder has satisfied a series of examinations, and that is all they are.

They're not a badge of intellect or character, and they're given out like confetti by some pretty mediocre institutions these days.

Additionally, I've noticed that plenty of graduates are entitled, and know very little indeed about how the real world works, and do not bring skills to the table which are particularly useful. Many of them also fall back upon their degree as a key measure of identifying who they are. I don't find that especially valuable.

The people that I'm closest to on here, and who I'd genuinely turn to for advice, either do not have degrees or if they do, I'm unaware of that. For various reasons, be those life circumstances, or personal choice, they didn't take a degree, and that is utterly irrelevant to my personal regard for them.

I would also apply this to my dating life. It's about the person, not about a piece of paper.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE