Would You Consider Dating A Person Without A College Degree?

Would You Consider Dating A Person Without A College Degree?
  • Yes I'd
    Vote A
  • No I won't
    Vote B
  • I don't know/ Other
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I consider myself to be a person who wants to pursue a university education, and etc. However, I've always been more drawn to guys who didn't want to follow that path. Our society is a system, and a lot of our success comes from education, building our career, etc. But you don't need an education to become successful. You can take a look at some of the most successful people in the world; many of them haven't gotten pass a high school education. It's attractive when a guy can take initiative of his own life, take a risk, work hard, and accomplish his goals. It's important to keep in mind though that most girls do want a successful guy, so I don't think it would work well in the long run if a guy doesn't have a good education to pursue a career, AND he's lazy and doesn't to crap. People say love is the most important part of relationships, but if you were to get married and start a family, love doesn't really pay the bills. I do consider education to have some value, but it also really means nothing if that's all a person has (their own education, but they don't have life skills) I tend to think of education just as a hobby you know? If you're into it, I'm cool with that, if you're not, that's fine. For example: If I find a boyfriend, chances are he's going to be more athletic than me ( I guess those are just the type of guys I'm drawn to). Not trying to sound cocky or anything, but it would be unreasonable for him to just look at my athletic abilities and not wanna date me. It's just not something I am really into, and I would feel disrespected by him if he just forced it on me. I can do many other things. I can skateboard, I can paint, cook, sing, etc. The point I'm trying to make is, as long as you can find success in what you do, and it's not hurting other people around you, I'm sure many girls are willing to date that kind of guy :)

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely.

For context, my gal has a doctorate, and I have two degrees myself.

But, ultimately, what are college degrees? They're certificates which state that the holder has satisfied a series of examinations, and that is all they are.

They're not a badge of intellect or character, and they're given out like confetti by some pretty mediocre institutions these days.

Additionally, I've noticed that plenty of graduates are entitled, and know very little indeed about how the real world works, and do not bring skills to the table which are particularly useful. Many of them also fall back upon their degree as a key measure of identifying who they are. I don't find that especially valuable.

The people that I'm closest to on here, and who I'd genuinely turn to for advice, either do not have degrees or if they do, I'm unaware of that. For various reasons, be those life circumstances, or personal choice, they didn't take a degree, and that is utterly irrelevant to my personal regard for them.

I would also apply this to my dating life. It's about the person, not about a piece of paper.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• I have 8 professors in my family so I really care a lot about school but a non-educated person has a chance with me - just a much lower chance than an educated person. I once met a jewellery story owner who never graduated from high school since his parents were always switching countries when he was a child - I would have gone out with him if he was single but he told me his parents had already chosen a wife for him so we stopped talking.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yup, neither my husband or I have a degree so we’re well matched lol

0|4
    0|0
  • Yeah, I don't have a college degree either. I want a guy who either has or is pursuing a career, though. My career of choice is healthcare and I'm learning certain parts of the trade. I want a guy with a plan.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I would, as long as they have something going for them. A job, a plan, a direction their life is going.

0|1
    0|0
  • Collage degree doesn't make you worthy boyfriend material

0|4
    0|0
  • College isn't everything. In fact, it'd be hypocritical of me to simply not date someone due to a lack of their college education as I'm not entirely sure *I'm* going to attempt getting one. It's just not the thing for everyone. And it's not as if every great job requires a college degree. College or the lack of a college education doesn't dictate one's success. Anyone who truly thinks that is, in my opinion, pretty mislead. I don't ever see myself dating a complete bum, if that's honestly what people think no college education results in a human. I'd date the person for who they are, not their education.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I would, it doesn't make you any less intelligent. I chose not to get a degree and I'm doing extremely well for myself!

0|1
    0|0
  • yeah, of course

0|1
    0|0
  • Would definitely not.

0|1
    1|3
  • ya cuz degrees r gay

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah.

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 22

• college degree means nothing. it means you were able to temporarily cram some knowledge into your brain and barf it out onto paper in the finals... i'm not saying a dumb person could easily have a degree but it doesn't take a degree to be a decent person.

2|3
    0|0
    • took the words right outta my mouth

• Show All
    • @Unit1 geknutscht hab ich lustiger weise auch noch nie xD trotzdem keine jungfrau mehr xD

• @Unit1 you say younfrau to men too xD don't ask me why.

• Hell no. But it goes both ways to be honest. At least an associate's or bachelor's degree would be a minimum I guess, which many women have (think nursing, PR, marketing) but too much such as like a doctoral or medical degree is a turn off as well. I don't like my gfs more educated than me and also women with PhD/MD degrees are just way too narcissistic - comparable with their non-educated albeit bombshell sisters

0|1
    0|0
  • Without college, people can't be smart or have successful careers and make lots of money!

oh wait THAT'S NOT TRUE AT ALL comon people college is not some angel or god, you can learn anything you can learn there from the internet or a willing teacher outside of school if you have the will and discipline.

0|1
    0|0
  • depends
    probably not... not cause the degree matters.. but I noticed women that haven't been through the process of training their minds to better their minds --> they are most often lacking depth and a certain type of awareness that you kinda only get from a person that has been subjected to competing with others academically

0|1
    0|0
  • statistically women are less likley to date someone with a lower education. It's led to tons of articles online about women "being worried they aren't finding good men".

Men on the other hand don't tend to care.

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course I would. The number of people sans degree outnumber the people with one, so I'd be limiting myself quite severely by only seeking those privileged enough to be college educated. That's just asinine.

0|1
    0|0
  • Probably not, I really push for education and my parents (The Seventeen Monks) always pushed for my education and once I get married and have kids I'd want someone who pushes for education on the kids.

0|0
    0|0
  • Doesn’t have to be a degree, but she needs to be smart and good at *something*.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well yes... It all depends on their work. And qhat major they took in High school before (Different but better school system here)

0|1
    0|0
  • Never say never, but I have a hard time imagining it work.

0|1
    0|0
  • I say yes because school is expensive and not every one can afford it or wants to be thrown into a life time of debt

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't care if she went to college. No. Really.

0|1
    0|0
  • High education does not imply high intelligence. I have met plenty of educated morons to know that.

1|1
    0|0
  • I definitely would date someone without a college degree

0|1
    0|0
  • these days, if she ain't got a good job its not gonna be easy, we have bills to pay

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't date anyone without a Harvard education

0|2
    0|0
  • yeah

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah that would be fine with me.

0|1
    0|0
  • collage isn't for everyone

0|1
    0|0
  • I’d consider it, but I’d prefer a college degree.

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes